Europa league draw

Dortmund would absolutely maul us lol
Only if we set up to get pumped and go toe to toe, which we wouldn’t. Sporting lost 1-0 in Germany and humped Dortmund in the return 3-1 . People can’t see past Haaland when they think of Dortmund and for good reason but we’re not talking a 4 zip home and away embarrassment and not even close.

Only if we set up to get pumped and go toe to toe, which we wouldn’t. Sporting lost 1-0 in Germany and humped Dortmund in the return 3-1 . People can’t see past Haaland when they think of Dortmund and for good reason but we’re not talking a 4 zip home and away embarrassment and not even close.

Tbf honestly I can't lie my initial thoughts are drawn to Haaland against Goldson and Bassey and it gives me the absolute fear! He'd rag doll them! Bellingham is also a massive step up from anything we have in the middle of the park.

Maybe you right tho providing we don't go toe to toe it may not be that bad but honestly I could see Dortmund beating us by 2 each leg easily, they are levels above us especially in our current form.

Barca the last time was an absolute shambles in the square. As an absolute goon id welcome such a trip again. The biggest game of football ever at about 11am was more entertaining than the match.

Horrid stadium for away fans as well. Was closer to mercury than the pitch
Think I still have a Barca smart card from that trip ;)

Is the draw on Monday? Heard it mentioned that the CL one is Monday on the BT goals show earlier

Sherrif, Porto or Zenit.

Two terrible journeys before an away game against Dundee United, grim. I don’t really fancy anyone else dropping down.

What's the final list of 8 teams?
Zenit
Sevilla
Barca
Sherif
Porto
Leipzig
Dortmund
Villarreal/Atalanta.

I’d be content with Porto, Sherif or Zenit.

However, I think we are away the first leg and are playing Dundee United away that weekend also - not ideal to travel to Sherif or Zenit.

Even the Uber optimistic I am, would be a bit worried about some of those sides. Does the association rule come into here, so Zenit can’t draw Spartak for example?

That also make things a bit more complicated.

Last edited:
Zenit
Sevilla
Barca
Sherif
Porto
Leipzig
Dortmund
Villarreal/Atalanta.

However, I think we are away the first leg and are playing Dundee United away that weekend also - not ideal to travel to Sherif or Zenit.

Even the Uber optimistic I am, would be a bit worried about some of those sides.
Yes we away 1st leg

After this weekend neither Sheriff or Zenit play a competitive game until then Moldovan and Russian Winter breaks

Barca the last time was an absolute shambles in the square. As an absolute goon id welcome such a trip again. The biggest game of football ever at about 11am was more entertaining than the match.

Horrid stadium for away fans as well. Was closer to mercury than the pitch
I walked up to the very back row.

Took a pic on my old Sony Ericsson
Could make out a green rectangle with dots on it.

Bizarre situation they’ve turned the Europa league into where your better coming 3rd than 2nd for progression

It’s not that different really to previous though, champions league 3rd place already dropped into Europa league and more often than not would be higher seeds.

Honestly not sure where a would want to go not a big fan of Spain for football cause the cops are idiots, Germany would be ideal but some games are behind closed doors over there the now no idea what it will be like in February. Watched a video of an English guy going to a Sheriff game and wouldn't fancy that. Zenit would be my preferred trip if visa and Covid went away loved Russia last time.

Barca for me. Winnable and the game everyone wants to gets up for. Even thou they could not be classed anywhere near previous Barca teams this is tie that will get Ibrox rocking. Europe should be about challenges so the bigger the better for me in later rounds.

Zenit
Sevilla
Barca
Sherif
Porto
Leipzig
Dortmund
Villarreal/Atalanta.

Even the Uber optimistic I am, would be a bit worried about some of those sides. Does the association rule come into here, so Zenit can’t draw Spartak for example?

All very tough games for us

All they ties are tasty, I’ve wanted to watch the bears in Italy so Atalanta would be interesting, if not I will see you in the heavens if the nou camp

I’ve got a feeling we are gonna get Barca.
I wouldn’t be overly worried either, not saying we beat them but I think we will give them a game.
Would rather avoid Dortmund

Would like Barcelona, probably wouldn’t get a better chance of a result.. With Gio here now, sometimes the draw brings up these ex players now manager facing his old team…

So in summary, 8 big name teams all with a pedigree, and a giantkiller (the Moldovan mob who won in Madrid) so whoever we get in Monday's draw, it will be two big games for us in February.

Anyone know when the Atalanta v Villarreal game is being played?

So in summary, 8 big name teams all with a pedigree, and a giantkiller (the Moldovan mob who won in Madrid) so whoever we get in Monday's draw, it will be two big games for us in February.

Theres only 8 teams dropping out mate.

So 6 with pedigree, the giant killers and the losers of Atalanta/Villarreal’s game!

Tomorrow at 1515

Zenit
Sevilla
Barca
Sherif
Porto
Leipzig
Dortmund
Villarreal/Atalanta.

Spainish or Portuguese team next round

I do vaguely remember a guy in a kilt going and setting about what seemed like an entire stand himself due to them unfurling a irish flag :D
remember him getting cheered and also took the banner off them which had a saying that terrorist group motto ?
did one of their goals was helped in by a hand of Barcelona forward ? Cheats

Back