Europa league final

govan front blue

Official Ticketer
Just read online both Chelsea and arsenal are struggling to sell there 6000 allocation for final in baku no wonder with flight prices sitting at over a grand, UEFA did not half make a complete arse of it when they decided to have a final in Baku

Just read online both Chelsea and arsenal are struggling to sell there 6000 allocation for final in baku no wonder with flight prices sitting at over a grand, UEFA did not half make a complete arse of it when they decided to have a final in Baku
Do you think we’d have sold 6k if we had made it?

More than likely sell the stadium out ourselfs but still a shambles of a decision if you ask me
Know what you mean. Not sure the city’s infrastructure can handle the work increase in visitors but I doubt it would be mentioned as much as TalkSPORT have been going on about it if it wasn’t English clubs involved.

I understand the decision to play in different countries to spread the wealth and open experiences for locals but there should be an acceptable level of infrastructure in place

Klopps statement was priceless,
Baku? I wonder what the guy who made that decision had for breakfast.

Talking easy 2 Grand between flights , hotel , spending money and ticket , shocking decision to host the final in Baku.

UEFA justified the decision by saying thst having 2 London teams in the final was unpredictable

In the last 30 years there have been 3 teams from Eastern Europe and one from Turkey made the final. Even then St Petersburg to Baku is a trek

Final a couple of years ago was in Basel woth 30,000 capacity for Liverpool v Sevilla

Incompetent at best

Regardless of where it is, it is still pathetic struggling to sell 6k tickets for a European final.

FFS, I'd fancy us to sell more than that if it was on the moon!

Prices crazy. Day trip £979 plus tickets etc.
Overnight trip to Baku for Qarabag game was under £400 for one night stay.

Some mates how go to most Chelsea away European games including Qarabag have said stuff it.

Two of them going, to get flights taken a weeks holiday. Over £1500 for flight and hotel package plus spending and tickets.

It is a joke of a location for a final

All about the money won’t be surprised if the Azerbaijani bribed them. The fans who spend all their money on going to away games get shafted for folk who probably haven’t been to an away game never mind a home game in their life.

Prices crazy. Day trip £979 plus tickets etc.
Overnight trip to Baku for Qarabag game was under £400 for one night stay.

Some mates how go to most Chelsea away European games including Qarabag have said stuff it.

Two of them going, to get flights taken a weeks holiday. Over £1500 for flight and hotel package plus spending and tickets.

It is a joke of a location for a final

And Season Ticket renewal time lots simply can’t afford it.

UEFA justified the decision by saying thst having 2 London teams in the final was unpredictable

In the last 30 years there have been 3 teams from Eastern Europe and one from Turkey made the final. Even then St Petersburg to Baku is a trek

Final a couple of years ago was in Basel woth 30,000 capacity for Liverpool v Sevilla

Incompetent at best

The Turkish team would be Galatasaray, based in Istanbul. A city most would considered to be the easternmost part of Europe.

1375 miles west of Baku.

To put it into perspective, a Galatasaray team going to Baku would be pretty much the same distance as us going to Zagreb,

Madness for any Western Europe to be sent there.

K9XUGI2.jpg

If we got the same 6k allocation then everyone in the Travel Club would be allocated one unless it was higher than that if not STH would get a chance

After it down what Rangers could get from UEFA and how other fans sourced tickets

How many would make the journey? said on another thread about the allocation when 1st revealed 15k-20k simply because of the location and cost involved

All about the money won’t be surprised if the Azerbaijani bribed them. The fans who spend all their money on going to away games get shafted for folk who probably haven’t been to an away game never mind a home game in their life.

Baku for the final is just the same idea as Qatar for the World Cup. Somebody will definitely be getting a brown envelope stuffed with cash.

Baku for the final is just the same idea as Qatar for the World Cup. Somebody will definitely be getting a brown envelope stuffed with cash.
Thousands of Nepalese people etc have died building the stadiums. I hope folk boycott them, there’s even folk trapped there because they can’t afford to go home as they haven’t been payed.

Thousands of Nepalese people etc have died building the stadiums. I hope folk boycott them, there’s even folk trapped there because they can’t afford to go home as they haven’t been payed.
That’s awful. This World Cup should be plaid elsewhere.

I never want to hear about them being big clubs ever again. Absolute riddy struggling to sell 6000 briefs. I'd fancy us to take more than that to the Arctic circle.

I'm not denying it'll be an expensive trip. But I'd be willing to bet not many Liverpool or spurs fans will get much change if any from a couple of grand for Madrid.

Flights are around £600 minimum going direct. Tickets around £300 and most hotels are £3/400 a night.

Imo the 2 European finals should rotate between a core group of stadiums that are easy to get to from the majority of countries involved.

Rangers get to euro finals once in a generation so obviously we’d all want to go.

Chelsea and Arsenal will be more frequent so they know another final could come along again

Wouldn't stop fans travelling without tickets.

Cheapest flights start at a grand and that’s from London , before you have even paid a hotel or spending money and possibly visa ( not sure if needed for short stays ) so your talking 2 grand easily for 3/4 day trip , Sure that would put a lot off.

Regardless of where it is, it is still pathetic struggling to sell 6k tickets for a European final.

FFS, I'd fancy us to sell more than that if it was on the moon!

I take your point but how many families , having most probably just shelled out for season tickets , can then afford for the dad to say “ right I need another £2000 out the housekeeping hen this month, I’m off to Baku for a football game “ :oops:

You could take the wife kids to Euro Disney for four days for that .

Back