Europa League finances

sheddensbear

Can one of the itk poster's outline the benefits of the Europa League from the preliminaries onwards ?
How many € per victory or draw ? How many € for progress to next round ? Does a victory or draw add to your Co efficient in preliminary round ?
I expect 4 victories and progress to 3rd preliminary round, fwiw.

This is from last year, never read about a massive uplift in winnings so would assume this is fairly accurate;
  • Preliminary round: €220,000
  • First qualifying round: €240,000
  • Second qualifying round: €260,000
  • Third qualifying round: €280,000
  • Play-off round elimination: €300,000
  • Base fee for group stage: €2,920,000
  • Group match victory: €570,000
  • Group match draw: €190,000
  • Group winners: €1,000,000
  • Group runners-up: €500,000
  • Round of 32: €500,000
  • Round of 16: €1,100,000
  • Quarter-finals: €1,500,000
  • Semi-finals: €2,400,000
  • Losing finalist: €4,500,000
  • Winners: €8,500,000

This is from last year, never read about a massive uplift in winnings so would assume this is fairly accurate;

On top of this we made €7,000,000 in gate receipts across all 7 games as well a TV money

Can one of the itk poster's outline the benefits of the Europa League from the preliminaries onwards ?
How many € per victory or draw ? How many € for progress to next round ? Does a victory or draw add to your Co efficient in preliminary round ?
I expect 4 victories and progress to 3rd preliminary round, fwiw.

fwiw???????

So around £4m just for qualifying exam n the group stages, 4 sell out Ibrox legs another £3m, corporate, hospitality, sponsorship, TV money...all massive for us!

Thanks for info . I wasn't sure if we got money for victories in preliminaries as well as a bonus for next round.

There’s also €168 million market pool share , divided up by tv market and a co efficient share based on a 10 year period where each club gets €71,000 per share .

More importantly for us it’s co efficient points .

Getting to the group stages this year , on top of last years performance , should start to make qualification a bit easier for us

There’s also €168 million market pool share , divided up by tv market and a co efficient share based on a 10 year period where each club gets €71,000 per share .

More importantly for us it’s co efficient points .

Getting to the group stages this year , on top of last years performance , should start to make qualification a bit easier for us

I love your name and image.

So around £4m just for qualifying exam n the group stages, 4 sell out Ibrox legs another £3m, corporate, hospitality, sponsorship, TV money...all massive for us!
It's only £2,625,000 for reaching the group stage. It doesn't all add up together before the group stage but is based on what round you exit. So if we went out in QR3 which is very possible then we'd get £250k in prize money.

It's only £2,625,000 for reaching the group stage. It doesn't all add up together before the group stage but is based on what round you exit. So if we went out in QR3 which is very possible then we'd get £250k in prize money.
I believe this is correct its not an aggregate number but a value for reaching that point in the competition, would love to be wrong though

By ITK I think they actually mean the ability to use Google.

To be fair that's what most posters on here who try and play the character of an in the know person, actually do.

Regurgitate pish from twitter and post it as a fact.

Or bother genuine ITK posters for info via PM then kid on like they're ITK themselves...

Sorry mate that’s wrong . Each club collects the same amount for competing in the qualifying rounds .

Each collect the amount stated per round .

That’s my reading of it as uefa state

Each club participating in the qualifying rounds will receive the following amounts per round played:

Only difference is the playoff stage , only the eliminated team collects €300,000.

Sorry mate that’s wrong . Each club collects the same amount for competing in the qualifying rounds .

Each collect the amount stated per round .

That’s my reading of it as uefa state

Each club participating in the qualifying rounds will receive the following amounts per round played:

Only difference is the playoff stage , only the eliminated team collects €300,000.
Ah right OK. So we actually made £4.35m in EL prize money last year.

Ah right OK. So we actually made £4.35m in EL prize money last year.

It would be interesting to check the accounts and see what we got.

With our market pool share and co efficient share I’d imagine it to be slightly higher.

win every single game from today to a prestigeous european final = €22,640,000

not being good enough to be promoted to EPL but sneak in via play offs - £150,000,000 circa

not being good enough to be promoted to EPL but sneak in via play offs - £150,000,000 circa[/QUOTE

Its supply and demand mate, the nature of capitalism, TV companies would not be paying out huge sums if they weren't making a profit on the goods they have bought

not being good enough to be promoted to EPL but sneak in via play offs - £150,000,000 circa

I’d agree .

Last year Bournemouth had a turnover of £123 million .

£99 million cake from tv money .

Take out tv money and our club would dwarf most in Europe financially

Does anyone know roughly how much it costs us to host the home games at Ibrox, and also how much does the club spend on travelling to away games?

Does anyone know roughly how much it costs us to host the home games at Ibrox, and also how much does the club spend on travelling to away games?

c.£120k for a full house.

This figure comes from Rangers saying £2.50 from each ticket of a full house covers the cost of putting it on.

I’d agree .

Last year Bournemouth had a turnover of £123 million .

£99 million cake from tv money .

Take out tv money and our club would dwarf most in Europe financially
The financial discrepancies between Scottish and English football is shocking.
i dont understand this there is no discrepancy, a disparity maybe, but until we find a better product that people are willing to pay for nothing will change, either that or increase the population by ~50 million

It would be interesting to check the accounts and see what we got.

With our market pool share and co efficient share I’d imagine it to be slightly higher.

In regards to market share, I'm sure we are grouped up with the other British teams as we all share the same broadcaster, which is why we often have a reasonable high return from European games. The reason I believe this is the case is because there have been a few times in recent years where Celtic, despite them being knocked out in the group stage, have had a higher return than quarter finalists from smaller broadcast nations.

If we make it into the groups then we will have made €3.75m by then in prize money.

There is then €570k for a win and €190k for a draw.

On top of that there would be 7 home games for ticket revenue

There would also be TV money and some other cash based on our ranking.

If we qualify as group winners to last 32 we would make and additional €1.5m and €1m as runner up (including round of 32 participation fee)

So a lot of money to be made.

Back