Europa League graphic looks lovely

uel-last-16-promo-002-jpg.jpg

I’d fancy us against the Gunners.
Agreed that I don't run anyone wants an English team anymore. Half those teams we would be favourites against. We'll take an English team in the quarters. AC Milan is the only no hoper for me. You'd give us a chance v the rest.

Some very winnable ties there.

Tottenham V Man Utd will blow this tournament up even further if it comes out the hat tomorrow.

Got to say I always get the fear over Spanish sides in europe. Would probably prefer to avoid both Villarreal and Granada. Mind you under Gerrard any fears in europe we may have shouldn't exist.

I'd like Milan for the glamour. I'm also quietly confident we can get past them.

Tottenham V Man Utd will blow this tournament up even further if it comes out the hat tomorrow.

Got to say I always get the fear over Spanish sides in europe. Would probably prefer to avoid both Villarreal and Granada. Mind you under Gerrard any fears in europe we may have shouldn't exist.

I'd like Milan for the glamour. I'm also quietly confident we can get past them.
Spanish teams are not at the level of a few years ago
Granada would be a fair draw

I'd give us a chance versus all of those teams. No doubt, United and Spurs would be favourites, but they blow hot and cold. Milan aren't unbeatable, Roma as well. We've bested Benfica, Galatasaray, Porto, Sporting, Braga, and villareal over the past few years. We're also getting better. We don't need to fear anyone.

How good are Villarreal now compared to when we played them two seasons ago?

We got a Desmond in Spain and a 0-0 here despite being down to ten men for most of the game. No fans means no batterings either.

How good are Villarreal now compared to when we played them two seasons ago?

We got a Desmond in Spain and a 0-0 here despite being down to ten men for most of the game. No fans means no batterings either.

To be honest I've not seen much of them this season so I couldn't tell you.

My memories of Rangers and Spanish sides go back to the late eighties and i've never once seen us beat one.

Lost twice to Valencia 99/00
Drew twice to Villarreal 05/06
Drew and lost to Osasuna 06/07
Drew and lost to Barcelona 07/08
Lost twice to Sevilla 09/10
Drew and lost to Valencia 10/11
Drew twice to Villarreal 18/19

Poor record.
Mind you I guess we are overdue beating a Spanish side.

My memories of Rangers and Spanish sides go back to the late eighties and i've never once seen us beat one.

Poor record.
I'd rather avoid Slavish teams too. I'm not sure we've we've ever knocked one out. Our record is dismal there.

We have a poor record against Czech sides as well.
However, not under Stevie, under Stevie things are different.

Avoid the English, the Italians and Ajax and we'll go through.
Avoid the English ? Slavia Prague were probably saying the same when the last draw was made and look what happened tonight .
Really even considering who do we want in the last sixteen in the Europa league would have been fantasy stuff before Stevie G took over , so as I am still coming to grips that we are in with a shout B-) of winning the league I will happily take anyone in the next round . Now I am away for another wee celebratory half , so cheers fellow bluenoses B-D

Poor record.
In the sixties we did put out Seville, Zaragoza and Bilbao. Mind you I think some club from the Madrid area gave us a tanking. :rolleyes:

Best looking European trophy imo, will look even better in the Ibrox trophy room next season. Better get your tours booked Bears B-D.

Avoid the English ? Slavia Prague were probably saying the same when the last draw was made and look what happened tonight .
Really even considering who do we want in the last sixteen in the Europa league would have been fantasy stuff before Stevie G took over , so as I am still coming to grips that we are in with a shout B-) of winning the league I will happily take anyone in the next round . Now I am away for another wee celebratory half , so cheers fellow bluenoses B-D
I'm sure they were but if Leicester were reinstated in the competition tomorrow I would still say the same. Avoid the English. One game doesn't change that for me.

I'm sure they were but if Leicester were reinstated in the competition tomorrow I would still say the same. Avoid the English. One game doesn't change that for me.
In case you missed it most of that was tongue in cheek , but having said that Leicester failed to score in two games against Slavia Prague

Big shout mate. Definitely wouldn't write us off. Think they may edge it tho

I don't rate Eredivisie in general mate. My mate's a big Feyenoord fan (season ticket holder) so I try and catch some of the league to wind him up when we're not on. Caught the derby the other week and Feyenoord battered them. Lost 1-0 right enough but Ajax were mince and should have lost by 3 or 4. They are not the Champions League team of 2 seasons ago.

Cracking graphic! Immensely proud to see our badge on there alongside those other sides

Can’t wait for the draw tomorrow. Molde, Zagreb, Young Boys or Kiev we surely have a great chance against.

What a feeling it is to get European football after Christmas never mind getting into the last 16

I’d be fairly confident against most teams but I really hope we avoid AC Milan, Roma, Shakhtar, Spurs and Man Utd

Few teams I’d make us strong favourites against

Back