Europa League (not Rangers)

Encroaching and keeper moved before ball kicked. Copenhagen players going mental at ref but ignored. VAR doesnt catch everything folks.

4 unwashed players in the box before the ball was hit, If var is the future then why didn't those using it bring it to the attention of the referee, notice since the penalty BT sport still hasn't showed a replay of the penalty.

4 unwashed players in the box before the ball was hit, If var is the future then why didn't those using it bring it to the attention of the referee, notice since the penalty BT sport still hasn't showed a replay of the penalty.

Yet we got 7 or 8 replays of a nothing challenge on a Killie player from Morelos last week in a desperate attempt to find something.

They showed a replay straight after it.

VAR doesn't check for encroachment, well in England it doesn't, unless Europa League is different.

That's the Scum on 3 yellows and a penalty against them in this game,Refereed differently in Scotland you better believe, Brown got booked for the crap he gets away with in every game in our league he injured himself as well because of it.

Is the keeper not allowed to move?

I thought they just had to have one foot on the line.
As long as he has 1 foot on the line its ok. Dont think they are allowed to move side to side etc like keepers used to.

remember they will taking the Danish tv feed so it down the local tv director

Commentator is really annoying and almost sounds like he's advertising players. Maybe he does it all the time and i dont notice it but whenever one of their players does anything good he adds a adjective to try and make it sound even more impressive that he doesn't do for the danish lot

Dermott Gallacher was on sky sports last week speaking about it, so is it only the Europa League that does?
It checks for it in the prem and europa. I’ve seen it numerous times I.e aubayang vs Norwich

It doesn’t check for the keeper leaving his line Though.

This isn’t true mate it does.

"Uefa’s referees chief has revealed that VARs in European competition will follow the same policy as in the Premier League and only rule on goalkeepers being off the goal-line at penalties if it is a “blatant” case.

Roberto Rosetti said referees and assistant referees would have the responsibility to rule on encroachment. Under the laws of the game, Goalkeepers must have at least one foot on the goal-line when the penalty is taken."

If the scum qualify will that be enough for Scotland to overtake Denmark in the coefficients? I see we're only 0.875 points behind just now.

"Uefa’s referees chief has revealed that VARs in European competition will follow the same policy as in the Premier League and only rule on goalkeepers being off the goal-line at penalties if it is a “blatant” case.

Roberto Rosetti said referees and assistant referees would have the responsibility to rule on encroachment. Under the laws of the game, Goalkeepers must have at least one foot on the goal-line when the penalty is taken."

this game comes to mind where encroachment caused a pen to be retaken in the epl

Associated Press journalist Rob Harris relayed information from VAR HQ that the penalty was re-taken because Declan Rice encroached in the area before the ball was kicked.
The Laws of the Game also state a penalty is re-taken if a goal is not scored and there is encroachment by a defending player.
VAR is analysing this in the Premier League this season and therefore advised on-field officials to have the penalty re-taken.

If the scum qualify will that be enough for Scotland to overtake Denmark in the coefficients? I see we're only 0.875 points behind just now.
That’s a quarter point picked up from the draw which currently puts us in 15th position ahead of Cyprus. But they still have Apoel left. Realistically only Greece and Switzerland below Scotland could overtake with a few results forte one team they have left. Since Basle are playing Apoel, at least one of them will be adding to their countries total and advancing to the next round. Olympiacos is the Greek team left.

Back