Europa league pots (as it stands)

It's a decent indicator but Zagreb and red star will likely win next week and go into cl. They are only 1 goal behind and playing at home. That'd move kyiv and Olympiakos into pot1, Ludogurets and sherriff into pot 2, Bodo would go into pot3 and Nantes would also move into pot3 with maccabi taking their place in pot4. Going to be some very difficult groups and some piss easy ones in comparison to what we've had in the past. This forum will be unbearable for days if we don't go through next week but personally won't be the end of the world or a disaster if we end up back in the Europa.

It's a decent indicator but Zagreb and red star will likely win next week and go into cl. They are only 1 goal behind and playing at home. That'd move kyiv and Olympiakos into pot1, Ludogurets and sherriff into pot 2, Bodo would go into pot3 and Nantes would also move into pot3 with maccabi taking their place in pot4. Going to be some very difficult groups and some piss easy ones in comparison to what we've had in the past. This forum will be unbearable for days if we don't go through next week but personally won't be the end of the world or a disaster if we end up back in the Europa.
Pot 1 and European football after Xmas excites me a fair bit. Minus the money in CL, I don’t really care for it atall

You could end up with Monaco, Betis and Nice and all of a sudden the competition looks like a slog and a half.

Just get into the champions League please Rangers.
Was thinking the opposite, Monaco, Betis and Sturm Graz (no clubs from the same Country) as a hand picked toughest possible group, is still mouthwatering and extremely doable to finish top 2. We have an exciting season in Europe ahead again, just imagine how exciting it will be in the CL

Was thinking the opposite, Monaco, Betis and Sturm Graz (no clubs from the same Country) as a hand picked toughest possible group, is still mouthwatering and extremely doable to finish top 2. We have an exciting season in Europe ahead again, just imagine how exciting it will be in the CL
Yea that's better than my drunken effort lol

Difficult pot 2 team. Pot 3 looks strong and few tough ones in pot 4. You'd fancy us but I see no guarantees of getting through

Is it true that if we end up in the EL and we finish first we skip the last 32 or the play off as they call it now and go straight into the last 16?

Im obviously desperate for the CL but silver lining is that if we could finish first in the EL and straight into the last 16, that would be very exciting again. A favourable draw or two and before you know it it’s the last 8 or the last 4.

Is it true that if we end up in the EL and we finish first we skip the last 32 or the play off as they call it now and go straight into the last 16?

Im obviously desperate for the CL but silver lining is that if we could finish first in the EL and straight into the last 16, that would be very exciting again. A favourable draw or two and before you know it it’s the last 8 or the last 4.
First point is correct mate, first place gets a bye into last 16

Being in pot 1 really takes away the big glamorous away day eh. Some ok looking ones in pot 2

It’s crazy to suggest we should have no issues finishing first. There are some really tough opponents in there.
Plus factor in the deflated feeling of everyone being in Europa against some of those teams (especially if we get drawn with teams we’ve played recently, a total buzzkill

Union Berlin would be some trip though

Zero chance of getting into berghain with Scottish accent that weekend though:)lol

I think it looks weaker than last year tbh

I think looking at potentials and just assuming pots 1/ 2 finish in those positions the only team I'd want to avoid would be Monaco if we finished 3rd and dropped into el

Finish 3rd in cl and worth bit of luck we could end up far into el again

Back