Europa League prize money for a win

Every result counts in terms of finances and coefficient points. Hopefully we can get out of the group and see how far we can go. It will all help in building for next season and the future.

That's why you have to speculate to accumulate. Investment in the team is paying off and hat's off to the board for that. Not just prize money sponsorship as well.

Just as important is the coefficient points. So important to build this up

I wanted Timmy pumped this evening, but the silver lining of them getting a draw in France and us beating Feyenoord will give the co-efficient a real boost.

I've been following Bert Kassies' site for the last couple of months. Scotland have already moved up from 26th place into 19th, and this is before tonight's results.

Just to give you an indication, should Scotland reach 15th place then we will once again have two clubs in the CL qualifiers. Should we one day get to 10th place, that means the Scottish champions get directly into the group stages - the holy grail.

If both ourselves and Celtic progress to the knockout stage of the EL this season then I think finishing in 15th place is a real possibility, should results elsewhere go our way. We really need clubs from Denmark, Greece, Cyprus, Croatia and Serbia to have a poor season in Europe. They are the clubs currently ranked 14th to 18th.

The good news is that all of those nations only have one club left in European competition, except for Serbia who have two.

Wont Matter though as Admin 3455357 is around the corner and insiders at Ibrox are asking “where is the money coming from?”

By winning our match this evening we have earned 570,000 Euros, which equates to £502,285.52 according to Google.

Had we conceded a goal and drawn the game, we would have earned 190,000 Euros (£167,428.51).

This is big money to a club stuck in a financially poor domestic league.

Well done again to the players.

I think I’m also correct in saying that any more points we earn in the group from now on boost our euro coefficient.

??

Every result counts in terms of finances and coefficient points. Hopefully we can get out of the group and see how far we can go. It will all help in building for next season and the future.
Thanks to us (And celtic though to a lesser extent this season) we're still the top country for coefficient points despite all the CL clubs getting the 4 bonus points now. Won't last for long but still brilliant to see us carrying the coefficient back up the grid. Only 2 other clubs have provided more points for their country than us

Didn't know it was as much as that.

Shows how important it is to us and how misguided the people that suggested playing a 2nd string team to concentrate on the league were.

Money, exposure, prestige. We need it.

I think I’m also correct in saying that any more points we earn in the group from now on boost our euro coefficient.

??

I haven't researched how exactly coefficient points are calculated, but wins are best, draws are ok, and losses are bad.

If ourselves and Celtic can better the results of clubs from the nations directly above Scotland in the coefficient rankings, then Scotland will continue to move up.

We need to be patient however. Any improvements we make this season won't take effect until the season after next.

The winner of the title this season, for instance, will still need to negotiate four qualifying rounds to get into the Champions League - same as this season.

But a strong performance by both clubs in the EL this season should make CL and EL qualification easier come the beginning of season 2021/22.

Would we get extra money for finishing higher in the group, for instance finishing 1st or 2nd?

Edit: just read your link, 1st place gets €1m and 2nd place gets €500k.

I haven't researched how exactly coefficient points are calculated, but wins are best, draws are ok, and losses are bad.

If ourselves and Celtic can better the results of clubs from the nations directly above Scotland in the coefficient rankings, then Scotland will continue to move up.

We need to be patient however. Any improvements we make this season won't take effect until the season after next.

The winner of the title this season, for instance, will still need to negotiate four qualifying rounds to get into the Champions League - same as this season.

But a strong performance by both clubs in the EL this season should make CL and EL qualification easier come the beginning of season 2021/22.

Impressive stuff knowing that without any research. :rolleyes:

Assuming that we win it, how much do we get then?
Hopefully Arsenal in the semis & Man U in the final, a win to complete the quadruple.
Get yer $s on now.

I wanted Timmy pumped this evening, but the silver lining of them getting a draw in France and us beating Feyenoord will give the co-efficient a real boost.

I've been following Bert Kassies' site for the last couple of months. Scotland have already moved up from 26th place into 19th, and this is before tonight's results.

Just to give you an indication, should Scotland reach 15th place then we will once again have two clubs in the CL qualifiers. Should we one day get to 10th place, that means the Scottish champions get directly into the group stages - the holy grail.

If both ourselves and Celtic progress to the knockout stage of the EL this season then I think finishing in 15th place is a real possibility, should results elsewhere go our way. We really need clubs from Denmark, Greece, Cyprus, Croatia and Serbia to have a poor season in Europe. They are the clubs currently ranked 14th to 18th.

The good news is that all of those nations only have one club left in European competition, except for Serbia who have two.

Not sure why everyone wants a 2nd Champions League spot, would rather celtic went into the Europa League.

Let's just keep 1 spot and win the league :)

Would be nice but as we already know 1 spot means more qualifiers hasn't done any harm for yet but it would nice to start in Europe later at some point and as Scotland moves up the coefficient rankings the better the entry point we will get that benefit

One o f the things they did in our absence was to reduce the second place prize in the SPL.
100% correct.
£300k reduced for winning.
£600k reduced for 2nd place and of course for everyone moves up a place.

A wee back hander for supporting our demotion.

100% correct.
£300k reduced for winning.
£600k reduced for 2nd place and of course for everyone moves up a place.

A wee back hander for supporting our demotion.

And the sheep sided with the Scum to prevent a more radical redistribution as they saw a short term adavntage for them selves (i.e. even the reduced 2nd place was a lot more than they got before)

One o f the things they did in our absence was to reduce the second place prize in the SPL.
they also (I believe) increased the winnings for 1st place all pushed through by the beasts, while we had no say in the matter. This, will come back to bite these bastards some day.

Back