Europa League squad - Roofe out, Balogun in

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i right in thinking we can chop and change (in limited numbers for each qualifier)
so no point in having him in for a one off game he won't make but can bring him back in

I’m hoping Aribo is back for then. Kent, Morelos and Aribo a front 3, which Hagi behind.
I’d still be genuinely stunned if Alfie was here at the end of the window. It’s a very deliberate game Lille are playing and we know he definitely wants to leave.

It does make Roofe’s injury a bit more concerning though, ie we probably need another striker as well as a midfielder (or even 2) with the Morelos cash if he goes.

What’s the story on Roofe injury?

When we signed Roofe many on here warned that he would miss more games than he plays . We’ve given a guy with a recent chronic injury history a bumper contract . I’m hoping this isn’t a sign of what’s to come from him, as he’s a good player . We seem to have more injuries than any other team in football , consistently.

am i right in thinking we can chop and change (in limited numbers for each qualifier)
so no point in having him in for a one off game he won't make but can bring him back in
Yes. You submit your squad a week before the game and in theory make an unlimited number of changes. You can also make 2 changes to that submitted squad up to the start of the day before the game.

The squad only becomes locked from the group stages onwards.

When we signed Roofe many on here warned that he would miss more games than he plays . We’ve given a guy with a recent chronic injury history a bumper contract . I’m hoping this isn’t a sign of what’s to come from him, as he’s a good player . We seem to have more injuries than any other team in football , consistently.
Have been for 30 years mate.
Whether somebody gets a bad yin playing like oleg kuznetsov or we sign crocks like prodan thats been the pattern.

Many on here also pointed out it was only last season at Anderlecht where he was out injured consistently, and previous to that played over 100 games for Leeds in 3 seasons.

You'd think he was another Senderos the way some go on.

I wouldn’t be starting him against them if u didn’t need to. If we still have Morelos I’d have him there to get stuck into the 2 clowns they’ve got at the back.

We have 3 strikers scoring goals and one still to get off the mark who has a good pedigree. We'll be alright.

Same injury as Anderlecht BUT club saying it just a tweak and a precaution etc and not a relapse.

Half the Willem team is out for Thursdays game injured
I swear we hear this every game in Europe from the media. “Rangers will play weakened side with three alpacas and six year old archery prodigy making his debut”.

I’m sure Feyenoord last season had three 17-19 year olds playing and they were good!.

Hope this is the case, I’ve put a bit on us -1. Really confident.

I swear we hear this every game in Europe, “Rangers will play weakened side with three alpacas and six year old archery prodigy making his debut”.

I’m sure Feyenoord last season had three 17-19 year olds playing and they were good!.

Genuine Lol mate.Quality chat.

I swear we hear this every game in Europe from the media. “Rangers will play weakened side with three alpacas and six year old archery prodigy making his debut”.

That archery lad won’t be scared to let fly from distance though

I really hope this isn't an ongoing thing.

Seems to have had calf issues throughout his time at Leeds and Anderlecht

Was it not just one injury in one season that stopped part way through appearing to make it look worse.

Your last line looks fair right now.

Signed him with a history of a chronic calf injury...so we decided to play him on astroturf against a pub team from Gibraltar.
Has he missed a lot of football? Thought I read on here was just last year at Anderkecht?

Have we had many major injuries under Gerrard before this season? I genuinely can't remember.

Rangers given huge Europa League boost as Willem II face devastating injury crisis
The Dutch 5th place finishers are a tough nut to crack but injures mean Rangers now face a more manageable task.

Rangers have been given a major Europa League boost after opponents Willem II were hit with an injury crisis that sees them without half their first XI on Thursday night.

The Ibrox men face a one-off tie in Tilburg to progress into the final playoff round and a home tie against Galatasaray or Hadjuk Split.

But the Eredivisie club will see five of their stars miss out through injury.

They won't be able to call on Leeroy Owusu, Elton Kabangu, Otschi Wriedt and Rick Zuijderwijk, while defender Freek Heerkens was added to the casualty list last night with a groin strain.

However, veteran boss Adrie Koster, 65, has shrugged that off and can't wait to come up against Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard tonight.

He said: "It's great that a legend like Steven Gerrard will come to our stadium. He has a much better track record as a footballer than I did, but that won't matter now.

"He will do exactly the same as me...prepare his team for a big football match.

"I don't know his coaching ability too well, but I know the way he gets his Rangers team to play. They look like a good team - they don't play a typically Scottish way because they play a lot of good football.

"We face a team who like to keep the ball. We will have to be prepared to face facts that they will have a lot of possession.

"They have a very good striker in Alfredo Morelos and their full-backs both get up and down the pitch and are very athletic. They play almost as attacking wingers.

"It's important that we continue to play our own game. My players know exactly what to expect from Rangers and we know where their strength lies.

"But I am sure Steven Gerrard must have told his players about us too.

"We have to use our advantage in that we have a familiar pitch and stadium. That should give us something extra. It's just a pity we won't have our own fans there."

We've got to expect a tough game in any event. Winning a tie away in Holland will be a very good result if we can do it.

Roofe shouldn’t have been signed due to his injury history. As for our medical team what’s going on with them ? Seriously need to look into that

Really was worth starting an injury prone player on a plastic pitch against a European minnow.
People keep saying this. He has pulled his calf on grass in each of the past 3 seasons. The fact that the 4th time was on plastic is irrelevant.

Noticed on his Instagram story he was back in Leeds, which would suggest he won’t be fit again anytime soon.

Wish I was this confident. Kudos to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back