Europa League squad - Roofe out, Balogun in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was criticised for suggesting a heavily rotated squad against Red Imps - a semi pro team from Gibraltar - but I stand by it, more so now.

As suggested on H&H flagship, Barisic shouldn’t have played either. He was injured for Croatia a few days later, and hasn’t looked as mobile as he normally does in the past couple of games.

He got it wrong there, no doubt. Should have strolled it with eleven players rotated in all honesty.

He's not on the moon bud, he's a few hours drive away.

Not really the point I was trying to make but cheers for the condescending reply.

If he’s in Leeds then he’s not training with us nor is he working with our physio/fitness staff sitting in his family home.

Thanks for enlightening me how far away Leeds is from Glasgow though ...

Roofe's injury is a real concern. Hopefully Gerrard gives us some good news tomorrow about it.

Roofe makes our forward line far more dynamic with his movement and work rate.

People keep saying this. He has pulled his calf on grass in each of the past 3 seasons. The fact that the 4th time was on plastic is irrelevant.

So why the %^*& would you risk him against a Gibraltar semi-pro team when there’s a) absolutely no need and b) you have Hibs away on Sunday?

It was a mistake, and it’s cost us.

I wouldn’t be starting him against them if u didn’t need to. If we still have Morelos I’d have him there to get stuck into the 2 clowns they’ve got at the back.
He's got a mental block about scoring against them now, I fear. I'd have Roofey in in a nanosecond for that game - new face, unexpected package. They'll shit themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back