Europa League.

It's being reported today that the most likely scenario is that the Europa League and Champions League will be completed in a "blitz" of games over two weeks in Lisbon in August. We'll see.
How do qualifiers for this year work. Are they being pushed back?

How the hell can it work seeing as our season has been called. We are in the process of releasing players and building for next season. Sounds a complete farce to me.

I was thinking about this the other day.

If we were to win a little Europa Cup mini-tournament.... bringing a European title* to Scotland, improving the UEFA country co-efficient and getting automatic access to the group stages of next seasons Champions League........

What percentage of the staff running the SPFL and SFA would be absolutely gutted?
200%

I'm all in favour of scrapping the first leg and playing the tie as a one off in Portugal ;)

Can we play the winner of Copenhagen and Istanbul Basaksehir too?

Yeah, if it's to be a one-off starting from 0-0 we'd have to take that. :)

How the hell can it work seeing as our season has been called. We are in the process of releasing players and building for next season. Sounds a complete farce to me.

I think Foderingham Halliday and Flanagan were all in the European squad too?

Latest speculation is that the tournament will be played out in Germany:

'UEFA will finally announce their plans for the remainder of this season's competition and the schedule for next season's tournaments too when their Executive Committee meets to confirm the dates of numerous events on Wednesday.

And they have reportedly decided to play the remainder of the Europa League - including the second leg of Rangers' tie - in four stadiums in the North Rhine-Westphalia area of Germany.

The four stadiums used will be in Cologne, Dusseldorf, Duisburg and Gelsenkirchen, with all games behind closed doors'.

I think our chances of qualifying in August are as good as they were if the tie had been played as originally intended. Our form couldn’t have been worse at the time.

I agree. We would have got beaten comfortably over there. I think this gives us an outside chance. If it wasnt for that 3rd goal I would fancy us.

We fcked up Big Time playing the 1st Leg of this.

We should of refused to allow a team from Germany to travel into the country.

We should of been in lockdown by then.

We fcked up Big Time playing the 1st Leg of this.

We should of refused to allow a team from Germany to travel into the country.

We should of been in lockdown by then.

We got 2 million quid for it

We didnt muck anything up

It's a shambles that we have to play a team who will be by far ahead of us in fitness.
The German league finishes on the 27th June.

Their 2020/21 season doesn't start until 11th September.

Therefore Leverkusen are likely to be at the start of their pre season come August when we play them.

Back