Europa qualification with no ticket sales

supersonic

Official Ticketer
One of the biggest financial impacts of Europa is being able to charge supporters £120 for the 3 game group stages package. Whilst Europe is welcomed the financial impact of qualification wont be as beneficial this year, providing fans still cant get back in. If the games are on BT sport the club also have no RTV rights to sell.

One of the biggest financial impacts of Europa is being able to charge supporters £120 for the 3 game group stages package. Whilst Europe is welcomed the financial impact of qualification wont be as beneficial this year, providing fans still cant get back in. If the games are on BT sport the club also have no RTV rights to sell.

Qualifiers as well.

The hope has to be that the merchandise revenue we get balances out the income we lose.

The past couple of years as transfers have cost us about 10 million as well with nothing coming in. With morelos due to go we should at least break even with transfer fees this summer.

Just shows how much we need champions league money. Europa league money a pittance as said already in thread we have made fortunes in europa last 2 seasons can we not sell virtual tickets for home games

Any losses this season will hopefully be covered by Champions League qualification at the start of next season.

With merchandise back in our own hands and CL money coming through the door, I’d like to think we’re on the track of becoming a self sustaining business.

Add in the inevitable Morelos sale then it’s all about selling an asset every season and we should be financially sound.

It’s a kick in the balls this season loosing out on the EL gate money, but I’m positive we’re on the right track.

RTV had the qualifiers last year - in fact, I believe we bought the rights from Danish TV for the Midtjylland game. We may try similar this season.

RTV didn't have the rights for any of the group games.

RTV had the qualifiers last year - in fact, I believe we bought the rights from Danish TV for the Midtjylland game. We may try similar this season.

True. Hopefully we dont give the rights to premier sports ffs.

Wonder how UEFA will work it. Usually each team get to sell their own home rights - but with single leg playoffs that's not an option. Likelihood is the money for the one game gets split - another budgeted for revenue stream halved.

The hope has to be that the merchandise revenue we get balances out the income we lose.

The past couple of years as transfers have cost us about 10 million as well with nothing coming in. With morelos due to go we should at least break even with transfer fees this summer.
Celtic are only in the position they are just now due to selling a few players at high money and the basically unopposed run at CL.
If we sell Alfredo and qualify next season for CL that'll go a long way to bridging the gap along with the fact we are not now operating without retail income!

The only positive is that the team we are trying to catch need that money more than us with their wage bill.

On the flip side ,should we not qualify for the group stages it’s not as big a loss as it could have been.

Don’t think PPV would be an option as BT will have the rights for the games and just like the SPFL games already on Sky you would need to get them through a sub .

Let’s focus on the league this year ,

Aye its non-deadly...
I think the point may be that we might not being told the truth about deaths. The government on one hand say we need to be extremely cautious, and on the other hand say we are doing just fine and we have contained the virus.
A throwaway comment I'm sure.

On the flip side ,should we not qualify for the group stages it’s not as big a loss as it could have been.

Don’t think PPV would be an option as BT will have the rights for the games and just like the SPFL games already on Sky you would need to get them through a sub .

Let’s focus on the league this year ,
Qualification is extremely difficult this year, and far more luck will be involved.
We really could do with the coefficient points again though, even if the cash prizes are less in the short term.

I think the point may be that we might not being told the truth about deaths. The government on one hand say we need to be extremely cautious, and on the other hand say we are doing just fine and we have contained the virus.
A throwaway comment I'm sure.
Aye but we have contained the virus by banning mass gatherings. A cluster of cases has dropped up at bars in aberdeen that probably have 1k people in and out of them during a given day. How many peole could catch the virus in a crowd of 50k?

Anyway these discussions are probably for the lounge

Qualification is extremely difficult this year, and far more luck will be involved.
We really could do with the coefficient points again though, even if the cash prizes are less in the short term.
True qualification more difficult ,as for coefficient points while it would be good to get a few more added ,the points that we are defending are from 5years ago and they weren’t up to the level of the last 2 years .So not as significant as they could be .

It is deadly, it has killed over 45, 000 people in the UK. We are containing it currently through the measures that the British government have implemented. Moron. o_O
Viruses generally get less deadly as they mutate, this one had a death rate of less than 1% to begin with and appears even less deadly now.

Aye but we have contained the virus by banning mass gatherings. A cluster of cases has dropped up at bars in aberdeen that probably have 1k people in and out of them during a given day. How many peole could catch the virus in a crowd of 50k?

Anyway these discussions are probably for the lounge
This isn’t me disagreeing with you mate, I would genuinely be curious to see any data from our game against Leverkusen. Just to see how much it spread there, obviously that kind of data isn’t available.

Again, best left for the lounge.

Who told you that mate?
I'm not doubting it, just going with your air of certainty, it didn't come across as your opinion.
Think there had been some mention of it in the media from governments. I think if Gyms are only open in September I cant see them opening 50k stadiums at the same time

It is deadly, it has killed over 45, 000 people in the UK. We are containing it currently through the measures that the British government have implemented. Moron. o_O
Say same about other diseases though

if people act like this then we may aswell just top life......its sad I know

True qualification more difficult ,as for coefficient points while it would be good to get a few more added ,the points that we are defending are from 5years ago and they weren’t up to the level of the last 2 years .So not as significant as they could be .
I don't think we should be aspiring to scrape into top 15 in coefficient points now. We need to push on and try to get an automatic CL place.
It's great that we have no points to defend, but I hope that we have a lot to defend 5 years from now.
You're right that it's not as significant this year, but I really hope we get to see Rangers against top European sides again this year. It also helps with player recruitment.

No new deaths in Scotland for 21 days, why are we still worried about a non-deadly virus?

Don't believe the SNPs shite about the no deaths thing.

The actual truth of the matter is that they're not counting a Covid related death as long as the test was carried out more than 28 days ago.

So, if you get Covid and it fucks your lungs and you end up in hospital for a month and then die, it's not a Covid death on their records.

Ask my wife how this "non-deadly virus" worked on her (now deceased) Granny.

Truly staggering how fucking thick some people can be.

He can't put 2+2 together and realise it's not killed more people due to us all having been stuck inside for 4 months.

A truly huge level of stupidity.

He'll no doubt be one of the first to moan his lot about a spike in cases when we start moving about again and how the Government didn't act accordingly.

Still, their vote counts as much as yours or mine...

Fucking hell when I started a thread about the financial implications of covid I didnt quite expect to have to explain the last 5 months of the pandemic to posters. :))

Has it? I think when they go back over the figures that total will be coming down. Was reading they're going to be going over the figures again because as many have thought all the way through that people have been getting put down as Covid deaths when in actual fact they're not. Anecdotal evidence I know but I know of 2 people that have lost loved ones these last few months and it was put on the death certificate and they both are adamant it had nothing to do with Covid.

The actual truth of the matter is that they're not counting a Covid related death as long as the test was carried out more than 28 days ago.

So, if you get Covid and it fucks your lungs and you end up in hospital for a month and then die, it's not a Covid death on their records.

The flip side of this arguement is that Matt Hancock started a review into PHE because they were using this method and therefore they wanted to change it. I'm really trying not to make this a post about the lounge.

I don’t believe it either there’s a guy I know who is SNP daft told me he knew of one death himself last weekend .And it’s going to be unlikely that Iv heard of the solitary death.

The flip side of this arguement is that Matt Hancock started a review into PHE because they were using this method and therefore they wanted to change it. I'm really trying not to make this a post about the lounge.

I know. The OP is a valid point worth discussing but when there's idiocy on the level that Aye Ready showed, it's worth pulling up.

Has it? I think when they go back over the figures that total will be coming down. Was reading they're going to be going over the figures again because as many have thought all the way through that people have been getting put down as Covid deaths when in actual fact they're not. Anecdotal evidence I know but I know of 2 people that have lost loved ones these last few months and it was put on the death certificate and they both are adamant it had nothing to do with Covid.

Do they have medical backgrounds if not then how can they be adamant, just because you want something to be correct doesn’t make it so.
I expect that when this is all done and dusted the Covid deaths will be higher that we are being told. The best way of counting is excess deaths, over a 19 year average the U.K. is sitting at 64,451 excess deaths over the average. Now to me that sounds like a deadly virus.

Back