Europe 1 off matches

Ke55y

There has been a few upsets in this format would be good if it stayed this way to the group stages yes luck of the draw is essential. Granted the greedy cabal want 2 legged ties for play offs as that’s when the bigger leagues generally come into too it. But having a top team at home in a one match at Ibrox to qualify for CL rather than home and away is very appealing.

I like it but I may change my mind based on how our campaign goes!

Reactions: fmp
I thought it was excellent watching the end to last season’s CL and EL, the teams looked to really go for it and as a neutral I found them to be more exciting games.

I am worried about our ties though. Over two legs I fancy our chances against anyone. One game though? One mistake and it’s all over.

There has been a few upsets in this format would be good if it stayed this way to the group stages yes luck of the draw is essential. Granted the greedy cabal want 2 legged ties for play offs as that’s when the bigger leagues generally come into too it. But having a top team at home in a one match at Ibrox to qualify for CL rather than home and away is very appealing.

Fu.ckin jinxy McJinx.

I don't think there have been any upsets involving sides from the minnow countries, scud this lot, clean sheet, no injuries, rest key players at the 55 min mark

I don't like this luck of the draw stuff, 2 away ties without the chance to respond.

Tonight should be a foregone conclusion, if not then we have no excuses.

The dutch mob are going to much more difficult and I would prefer a 2 legged tie for that.

It’s a shame no fans are allowed. Tilburg took quite a few to Luxembourg yesterday, one leg or two legs would have seen some pretty lively atmospheres. One leg mind probably a blessing no fans are allowed.

We have at least 2 away ties, nothing at home so far. Can certainly makes it trickier and gives the home side a psychological advantage.

Willem II will be quietly confident about next week (assuming we get through tonight !)

Having to go to Holland and win is never easy.

Every game is more like a cup final in a way as there is only one chance at it. Hopefully in our favour

Without the fans in creating the "Euro Cauldron" that we've seen in the past for big European nights, I'm not sure why you find it very appealing?

Can work both ways obviously however we set up well away from home and are a good counter attacking team so hopefully that stands us in good stead against decent teams.

Lots of goals in these games, over 2.5 already for games involving APOEL then Rosenberg and thats just 1st half.

Rather two legged ties to be honest. You just never know on these stupid pitches away to teams like Red Imps or Progres.

If we get through tonight,I would rather a two legged tie against the Dutch.

Yeap I’m not a fan of it at all. We have seen before how you can have an off game to come back and go through in the 2nd game.

I think next season it will go back to normal (providing this covid farce fucks of)

I quite like it but next week is going to be a tough one. We will need a full team with everyone on it.

Just as most (or all?) federation cups are one leg knock out cups, I think it provides a more exciting format, but it would NEVER be adopted by UEFA

Back