European Footie Poll ?

Come Thursday are we in CL or EL Group Stage Draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said CL but more with heart than head. If we play anything like we have in 7 of the 8 halves we have turned in this season domestically we could take a real sore one!

EL unfortunately, I just don't see anything in our current general performance levels, away performances so far and the lack of away wins in Europe last season that points to us winning the game.

PSV haven't won any of their last 3 home European games in normal time. Hardly as if we are entering the lion's den. We've a job to do and we can do it. Leicester beat them there a few months back. Leicester.

Europa League

PSV have a team spirit we just dont have at the moment

Saturday provided that evidence to me

No high fives or geeing each other up to survive the 20 mins with 9 men

Body language said a lot for me on Saturday

Opted Champions League with heart rather than head. Basically it’s a cup final in their ground. If we play it as such then we have a chance and I wouldn’t rule this team out. However they looked a good team at Ibrox. The bottom line is if we had won the league we would not be in this situation.

If he goes out with the intention of holding that 2-2 until late on the Europa.
Perversely if PSV score early I could see us winning as Gio’s plan A gets tossed out the window
Voted CL

Europa League

PSV have a team spirit we just dont have at the moment

Saturday provided that evidence to me

No high fives or geeing each other up to survive the 20 mins with 9 men

Body language said a lot for me on Saturday

I get what you say there but I think everyone was in shock.

We were 9v12.

Had that last kick not went in, it would have been a different story.

The team will be motivated enough from knowing they have 90 minutes to become Champions league worthy.

I think we will be in the CL groups draw come Thursday.

I did say in another thread, however, that we will have to have 11 players putting in Ballon d’or winning performances to do so, but I’ve just got a sneaky feeling we will edge it.

If we don’t do it, there needs to be a serious mentality change at the club from top to bottom and how we address our objectives and how we plan to deliver them. Wednesday is a tough ask, but we need every single player in that squad to be bang on it from minute 1.

I just don't see things clicking into place in the space of a few days. Defence isn't good enough, we lack quality in midfield and pretty toothless up top.

Sadly, I see another season of Thursday night football. Which may not be the worst outcome given our current squad and the quality in the Champions League.

If things click, then we could certainly win.
However, we need to be at our very best.

Lawrence being fit would help.

No away wins in Europe since Dortmund.

That has to change at sometime, but we are playing a very good side.
I think we will probably fall short. But the games since Dortmund the results have partly been down to deliberate tactics to either steal a win or draw but most importantly either do enough to win tie in Belgrade. Or keep us in it to go back to Ibrox. I think all talk of away form in Europe is overlooking that.

Last edited:
Hope I’m wrong but I think it’s the Europa unless PSV have a stinker, no faith in our team to put in a decent 90 mins Away from home to kill the time

I think we will probably fall short. But the games since Dortmund the results have partly been down to deliberate tactics to either steal a win or draw but most importantly either do enough to win tie in Belgrade. Or keep us in it to go back to Ibrox. I think all talk if away form in Europe is overlooking that.
Indeed, which is why I hope Gio goes for it on Wed.

Our attack is much stronger than our defence. Head up and playing forwards and competing with PSV would see us through.

I don’t think sitting back and playing counter attack would.

Back