European watch - Royal Antwerp

Your old man knows %^*& all :D

Antwerp are the cleanest team with regards to yellow and red cards in the league.

2 coaches ago we were a very hard team, not dirty but not afraid to put in a hard tackle. Under the previous manager that kind of stopped because he was more focused on attacking football and the current one... well... let's just say the defence is a shambles and probably won't even get close enough to a Rangers player to put in a challenge.

Can't see past 2 relatively easy Rangers wins.
Which is good yeah

Your old man knows %^*& all :D

Antwerp are the cleanest team with regards to yellow and red cards in the league.

2 coaches ago we were a very hard team, not dirty but not afraid to put in a hard tackle. Under the previous manager that kind of stopped because he was more focused on attacking football and the current one... well... let's just say the defence is a shambles and probably won't even get close enough to a Rangers player to put in a challenge.

Can't see past 2 relatively easy Rangers wins.
Hes a little biased so that could play a part as he lives in Wilrijk and is / was a follower of Beerschot. He's not overly complimentary about Anderlecht either :D

Bit off topic here, I just noticed Willem II are 2nd bottom of the Dutch league. They looked a handful when we played them a few months ago. Very surprised to see they are struggling.
We battered Willem and for me that was a turning point in the season. We had just drawn 2-2 with Hibs then went to Holland and took them apart. Our results after that game at Hibs have been outstanding.

Antwerp won’t be a walk in the park, clearly a decent side.

Gonna be tougher than some people seem to think but I reckon we have enough to beat them over two legs. A draw over there and a win at Ibrox.

I think we can put this notion of a relatively easy game against a team in crisis (that the media were trying to set up) to bed.

Looks like this team will be better than Standard Liege who were no mugs.

Our management won’t have been taking them lightly anyway.

That said.....I still strongly fancy us.
Same mate. They may be third in Belgium but still about 17 behind Brugge and having played a game more that those around them.

If the other teams around them also win they go back down to around fifth.

Still fancy us strongly.

Last edited:
I'm quite confident we can get past them when you think of the calibre of teams we've came up against. Our way form is really impressive a good strong away performance going into the Ibrox leg will do nicely.

Currently moving into 2nd. It looks a cracking league with loads of teams challenging for the top spots. Night and day to our league.

Reactions: VGM
This will be a tough game. Win the next 3 in league then focus on this . If we can get through every chance the league is done by last 16 game and I’d rest players in league even against poets if league was won before .

This will be a tough game. Win the next 3 in league then focus on this . If we can get through every chance the league is done by last 16 game and I’d rest players in league even against poets if league was won before .
Still think Rangers will win over 2 legs relatively comfortably. Antwerp played the last in the league and struggled.

The guy scored a week or so ago and his teammates didn't celebrate with him :D
Saw the highlights of the game against Cercle Brugge after it was mentioned that nobody celebrated with him but 2 players definitely go towards him the rest don't.

I thought we would beat them at the time, but it was a potential banana skin game, especially for 3rd round unseeded opposition.

4-0 was a fantastic score, it did flatter us a little though. They did have a couple of good chances themselves. We played the game in 2nd gear for the majority of it.

I was a wee bit surprised to see them 2nd bottom after 18 games. They weren't brilliant, but rated them around mid table in the Dutch league. They unsurprisingly have shipped a good number of goals. In fact, the best result they have had all season was drawing with Ajax (who they play this week again).

Willem II just punted their manager. My Dutch mate Paul is a diehard fan, and rates them as 'pish' this season.

No comment :p
Celtic are consistently top of the Scottish fair play table.

Rangers are consistently bottom.

Would this mean Rangers are consistently dirtier than them or that Rangers are consistently refereed to a different standard?

Antwerp sound like the Belgian Celtic.

Just for good measure... %^*& Antwerp.

Celtic are consistently top of the Scottish fair play table.

Rangers are consistently bottom.

Would this mean Rangers are consistently dirtier than them or that Rangers are consistently refereed to a different standard?

Antwerp sound like the Belgian Celtic.

Just for good measure... %^*& Antwerp.
No you :D

Also what the actual %^*& does 'the Belgian Celtic' mean.

DSC_0032-border.jpg

Last edited:
What I like about this is we can relax and play, no pressure if we %^*& it then fine, we've the league to look at. free hits all the way to the final

Rumoured to be signing Tokmac from Ferencváros. The guy that scored the goal that knocked the mentally challengeds out of the CL.

Antwerp have improved a lot since we see drew them, and now sitting 5 points ahead of Liege who we already beat.

But there 14 points behind in the league and the way we've been playing we should have more than enough to win over the two legs.

The reason I've bumped the thread is after last night's win we're on track to needing 11 points from 9 games to win the league before playing Antwerp. It's great we've put ourselves in such a strong position allowing us to focus on he Europa.

If we do get through, we could have wrapped up the title, or be 2 points from winning the league by the next round of games.

What an incredible showing it would be from rangers to have the league wrapped up in March and be able to focus on the europa last 16. That's something I didn't even dream of a couple if years ago.

Back