Euros on TV in 4k

Click on the match it gives you 3 options
UHD
HD
SD

Stupid post here but you need a 4K TV, just tried talking someone through it who doesnt have one in the end

Also need a decent 4K TV, the cheaper models don't cut it.

Open iplayer - go to home page- It should say Live UHD Euro 2020 Turkey v Italy (if your TV is compatible) - once you have selected, you will be given 3 options - Live in UHD, Start in HD, Live in HD.

I don’t see UHD anywhere.

Only gives me the option of watch from start or live.

TV is definitely 4K and app settings is best quality.

I have had to bin the UHD as it goes into HDR mode and it's showing up too many flaws in my sh!te Hinsense TV - far too many vertical stripes killing it. BBC 1 stream is quite a bit behind but the iplayer stream seems fine.

Firestick.

Did a quick test, and get 4K HDR etc OK on likes of Disney and YouTube.
Bbc is different - they use a different format.

Sounds like it’s not supported - the app via the tv is best supported.

From the link above only the fire cube is supported.

Tried it there on Apple 4K tv didn’t work very grey picture.
Will wait till half time and try it on my tv iPlayer app.

BBC iPlayer app on Sky Q doesn’t do UHD but the app for Samsung works and gives you the option.

However why is it so dark? Even in Dynamic mode on Samsung TV it’s ridiculously dark.

Back to HD for me.

Sounds like it’s not supported - the app via the tv is best supported.

From the link above only the fire cube is supported.
Yup. I've tried my Firestick 4k, won't work. Virgin V6 box iPlayer app, won't work. iPlayer app built in to my supposed LG 4K TV, won't work. Binned it and just stuck to BBC one HD for tonight. Might go out and buy a new TV tomorrow :) Looked at the fire cube as well but that's £100 and I'm not paying that just now, especially when there's a prime day coming up soon and it'll get reduced in price.

after 16 months of copland rear withdrawal syndrome, i'm having good fun watching the tactical view

Back