Euros on TV in 4k

Managed to get UHD HDR looking good with a bit of tweaking. HDR Dynamic and Warm colour temp - for some reason it had cool as default.

Picture quality between UHD and HD is absolutely night and day - mind you I am going to say that BBC HD stream is absolutely pants.

Might be of use for anyone with an LG OLED to help get the best picture. Looking good for me having applied these settings in recently.

Bought a LG Oled a couple of months ago and the Iplayer pictures amazing.

OLED is the only weapon of choice when it comes to HDR - live streams like these will show up every flaw in an even decent LCD TV.

This is my first time watching a live HDR stream on my Hisense and it's miles behind my old OLED.

Interesting to find out that HDR is only available live.
So if you need to watch delayed you may as well record it in the normal way.
Or of course iPlayer on HD only.

I watched the game last night using iplayer app on my LG smart tv . Great quality picture with UHD. Miles better than HD.

BBC iPlayer app on Sky Q doesn’t do UHD but the app for Samsung works and gives you the option.

However why is it so dark? Even in Dynamic mode on Samsung TV it’s ridiculously dark.

Back to HD for me.
Total pain in the hole this. This day and age and its a ball ache just to get 4k picture on the box. Tried via Sony tv iplayer app but wasnt 4k either.

Got the bbc uhd stream for the wales game on now, 80 second delay and quite dark at times. Had to change my picture setting to dynamic for a little improvement

Got the bbc uhd stream for the wales game on now, 80 second delay and quite dark at times. Had to change my picture setting to dynamic for a little improvement

Yes I am the same with the dynamic HDR. Make sure your colour temp is warm - that should do the trick but it doesn't look the greatest UHD stream.

I hate streaming games because of the delay and buffering, much prefer watching it on TV because it is almost instantaneous and no buffering.

Even good legal streams have about a 90 second delay.

You need to use the search function for ‘Euro 2020’ then it will allow you to use the UHD option.

Back