Euros on TV in 4k

Tried it with 3 games now, the 80 second delay and it being dark
(no matter how much I fiddle with picture settings) is just off putting.

I'll stick with bbc One HD. Must be a cheaper 4k samsung I have since it doesnt look much difference to the HD broadcast.

Shit it’s not available on iPlayer through Sky Q.

I don’t use normal tv apps/functions for anything

Tried it with 3 games now, the 80 second delay and it being dark
(no matter how much I fiddle with picture settings) is just off putting.

I'll stick with bbc One HD. Must be a cheaper 4k samsung I have since it doesnt look much difference to the HD broadcast.
Got a Panasonic and UHD on iplayer is excellent.

Right gonna try UHD now its halftime

does it just pick it up automatically or do you need to select it as an option as i see no option

Sky’s response to me re UHD

In regards to your query, Sky are only the distribution platform not the provider. You would have to get in touch with the BBC directly, as they decide what they provide on Sky Q.

^Stephanie

Click the first link that appears titled euro 2020 (linekar in the picture)

This opens the euro 2020 homepage and you can choose it from there

I think there a max number of people who can view in UHD. I couldn't get it and just went into the HD option. pressed back on my remote and the option came up.

Sky’s response to me re UHD

In regards to your query, Sky are only the distribution platform not the provider. You would have to get in touch with the BBC directly, as they decide what they provide on Sky Q.

^Stephanie
Wonder if that’s their excuse for not even having 1080 for sky go in 2021

For it to work you've got to have the contrast and backlight on full but even then it's okay but only slightly better than 1080i.

Switched from BBC1 HD over to the iplayer, the picture was worse.

I tried watching on BBC HD on virgin the quality was piss poor, worse than a hesgoal stream you couldn't even read the numbers on the players when the camera zoomed out + the random blocks appearing despite getting a 100mb/s+ speedtest, Ended up watching iplayer UHD stream and there was no delay and it was easy 10x the quality...

Watching the Dutch game in 4K, Chanel is available via my fibre box with Orange in France. Quality is amazing , it does make a huge difference.

Record viewers on iplayer so no wonder there was a wee bit of buffering and delay in getting going. Still, they should have been better prepared and as tournament progresses it will only mean more viewers I’m sure so they hopefully put the IT infrastructure in place.

i didn't realise the Sky Q app wasn’t showing the 4k option. Just thought it wasn’t available at all. Got 4k on the iPlayer app on the LG now. Strange decision to limit the platforms.

Anyone know if the Xbox app has 4k working?

i didn't realise the Sky Q app wasn’t showing the 4k option. Just thought it wasn’t available at all. Got 4k on the iPlayer app on the LG now. Strange decision to limit the platforms.

Anyone know if the Xbox app has 4k working?

Playstation doesn’t

Back