Eurostar for Progres Game

Adam55

Official Ticketer
Did anyone travel via the Eurostar to the Progres game 2 years ago? It looks to be a lot cheaper than any flights I’ve seen to Luxembourg, yet quite a simple route unless I’m being stupid. (Am I missing something?) :confused:

Queen Street -> London Kings Cross
London St Pancras -> Arlon
Arlon -> Luxembourg.

I’ve got a hotel booked as well for 2 nights in Luxembourg that is a 20 minute walk from the train station and it comes in altogether at just under £400 including return trains.

Probally be cheaper flying from manchester to dussledorf for around £110 and getting the glassy bus or even train from there but the train from London will be fine and does get you to Luxembourg no problem

Did anyone travel via the Eurostar to the Progres game 2 years ago? It looks to be a lot cheaper than any flights I’ve seen to Luxembourg, yet quite a simple route unless I’m being stupid. (Am I missing something?) :confused:

Arlon -> Luxembourg.

I’ve got a hotel booked as well for 2 nights in Luxembourg that is a 20 minute walk from the train station and it comes in altogether at just under £400 including return trains.

As a guy above said, would cost you a little less to train to Manchester then fly to Düsseldorf then get bus! Think ours was roughly 340 for the full lot including accommodation

I did it last time, but as I live in London, my journey started and ended there. There is an option for 'Any Belgian station' as final destination at no additional cost to the LON-BRX journey with Eurostar.

As you mention, you then need a return ticket between Arlon and Lux, but that is fairly cheap.

Arlon -> Luxembourg.

I've booked Eurostar London At Pancras to Brussels Central for around £125 return. There is then a very cheap bus circa £20 return to get to Luxembourg from Brussels. I Ihink each leg is around 2hrs each way.

Works for me as it's cheap and I can get to London very easily. As a bonus I get the nights either side of the game in Brussels. Definitely worth considering the Eurostar but getting to London could be prohibitive if coming from Glasgow.

I've booked Eurostar London At Pancras to Brussels Central for around £125 return. There is then a very cheap bus circa £20 return to get to Luxembourg from Brussels. I Ihink each leg is around 2hrs each way.

Works for me as it's cheap and I can get to London very easily. As a bonus I get the nights either side of the game in Brussels. Definitely worth considering the Eurostar but getting to London could be prohibitive if coming from Glasgow.

I’m off for my holidays from my work as of the 25th so I’ve got a little bit of freedom, leaving Queen St at 8.30am on Wednesday 31st and arriving at around 7.30pm the same evening at my hotel. 11 hours travelling isn’t too bad. Arrive at the hotel and have the full day ahead before the game starts. :)

I’m off for my holidays from my work as of the 25th so I’ve got a little bit of freedom, leaving Queen St at 8.30am on Wednesday 31st and arriving at around 7.30pm the same evening at my hotel. 11 hours travelling isn’t too bad. Arrive at the hotel and have the full day ahead before the game starts. :)

Some trek! Hopefully worth it! If anything, you can always get a staunch bush pic out of it.

Im flying Manchester to Brussels then either Train from Brussels or talk of meeting up with some boys I know from London and getting a bus.

Route back is Train into Dusseldorf, Friday night in Dusseldorf then fly back into Edinburgh.

I think it is £220 all in, although I booked the Brussels flight on Wednesday morning at £60 one way

The jump in prices are scandalous at times, I know a guy who booked edinburgh to luxembourg before the 1st legs at £40 one way.

I thought Brussels Charleroi then flex bus would be the cheapest guys. I go to Lux regularly for 10€ one way on flex bus departing from Brussels nord. ALOT of cheap flights from Edinburgh and Manchester into Brussels Charleroi.

You going via Edinburgh get a direct train from Central to London

Could anyone help with links / times / prices for booking wed - fri at all? Sorry struggling with this.

Arlon -> Luxembourg.

Seems you’ve done pretty well there. Might seem like a strange comparison but that’s cheaper than two days/nights at Alton Towers!

Eurostar looks a good way to travel. Think quite a few Bears booked already.

I did Eurostar to Paris for the game years ago and it was excellent. Train is my preferred method of travel where possible . I know flying can be quicker, certainly if travelling long haul , but I find by the time you add time spent pissing around waiting at airports / security and so on , if it’s a country in Western Europe you are visiting train can be a great option relatively stress free .

Arlon -> Luxembourg.

Back