Even this early in season proves we'll need to beat officials as well as other teams

Funny that isn’t it, how we still win games even when referees are shit.

It’s almost as if the reasons for winning and losing games, for the most part, aren’t based on refereeing decisions.

Yes, for the most part. But there’s no denying that if the referee had played to the rules, we would have won.

Funny that isn’t it, how we still win games even when referees are shit.

It’s almost as if the reasons for winning and losing games, for the most part, aren’t based on refereeing decisions.

you're at it imo, 29th December 2019 invalidates your point. That was a game we won 2-1, going on 5-1 but could easily have been a draw due to the ref's cheating.

As pointed out ad nauseum, we cannot play every game against the opponents and officials and win. Saturday should've been a 2-1 win at least but the ref kept them in it as per 29th December.

This is instutional cheating. When you see the same pattern every game, it's blatantly obvious what's going on. The number of incidents and evidence is overwhelming.
Opposition are allowed at least one free foul at the start of every game, no matter how severe or dangerous.
Rangers players booked at the first opportunity.
The big game changing decisions always go against Rangers. Always without exception.
Dangerous fouls and off the ball incidents result in Rangers players sent off and opposition players going unpunished.
The club really needs to come up with a strategy to highlight and combat this cheating.

you're at it imo, 29th December 2019 invalidates your point. That was a game we won 2-1, going on 5-1 but could easily have been a draw due to the ref's cheating.

As pointed out ad nauseum, we cannot play every game against the opponents and officials and win. Saturday should've been a 2-1 win at least but the ref kept them in it as per 29th December.

We were the better side in the last Old Firm, no doubt about it, but saying it was going on 5-1 is a tad revisionist.

You’re blaming the referee for Sunday yet if Barisic closes down Boyle before the first goal, Goldson gets rid of the ball for the second goal, Kent and Arfield take their chances then we most likely win the game.

I will never argue against the point that the referees in this country, throughout football really, are terrible and that the club should be doing more to highlight the decisions made against us.

However, I am just not having that referees are deliberately out to get us. It is utter fantasy.

We were the better side in the last Old Firm, no doubt about it, but saying it was going on 5-1 is a tad revisionist.

You’re blaming the referee for Sunday yet if Barisic closes down Boyle before the first goal, Goldson gets rid of the ball for the second goal, Kent and Arfield take their chances then we most likely win the game.

I will never argue against the point that the referees in this country, throughout football really, are terrible and that the club should be doing more to highlight the decisions made against us.

However, I am just not having that referees are deliberately out to get us. It is utter fantasy.
If they're just 'terrible', then surely all teams would have poor decisions go against them in equal measure.

If you think thats the case, then it's that what's utter fantasy.

Do you seriously think Kevin Clancy is just 'terrible' as opposed to having an inherent dislike of Rangers? It's the latter that explains his constant shocking application of laws in our matches, not just cause hes piss poor coincidentally in every game he refs us, and per chance only against us.

It's not hard to apply some joined up thinking and have a broader outlook than just believing clubs are only successful if their players excel in every game. Listen - they wont. That's why we hear about teams 'winning ugly' and narratives such as that.

Problem is, in those games where as much as it's TRUE that the team underperforms, we lose points others don't due to officials somehow finding it easy to make appalling point causing decisions against us.

It is what it is.

Mad that people’s crutch is referees every single time we drop points.

They are terrible but looking closer to home provides the answers as to why we drop points in games like yesterday and against Livingston earlier in the season.
Oh really? Lets forget about the ref missing bad tackles, sending offs and an offside player assisting in their equaliser from a striker who fouled our defender and the goal counted cost us points!
We constantly look closer at home and question the missed passes, chances, breaking down teams defences, our midfield, our defence on and on but biggest damage comes from match officials and the status of poor is becoming more and more like a bias?

We must look at both and we do call out our own team constantly but must be more vociferous with match officials than we are over their questionable decisions!

It Hans,t been just this season it's been going on for a while.time for the club to stand up and be counted .

If they're just 'terrible', then surely all teams would have poor decisions go against them in equal measure.

If you think thats the case, then it's that what's utter fantasy.

Do you seriously think Kevin Clancy is just 'terrible' as opposed to having an inherent dislike of Rangers? It's the latter that explains his constant shocking application of laws in our matches, not just cause hes piss poor coincidentally in every game he refs us, and per chance only against us.

It's not hard to apply some joined up thinking and have a broader outlook than just believing clubs are only successful if their players excel in every game. Listen - they wont. That's why we hear about teams 'winning ugly' and narratives such as that.

Problem is, in those games where as much as it's TRUE that the team underperforms, we lose points others don't due to officials somehow finding it easy to make appalling point causing decisions against us.

It is what it is.

The correlation in us dropping points, not playing well and the referees being terrible is rather telling.

Same as the correlation between us winning, playing better and the referees still being terrible is also telling.

There’s a common denominator in all of this and it ain’t the men in the middle.

Oh really? Lets forget about the ref missing bad tackles, sending offs and an offside player assisting in their equaliser from a striker who fouled our defender and the goal counted cost us points!
We constantly look closer at home and question the missed passes, chances, breaking down teams defences, our midfield, our defence on and on but biggest damage comes from match officials and the status of poor is becoming more and more like a bias?

We must look at both and we do call out our own team constantly but must be more vociferous with match officials than we are over their questionable decisions!

If Goldson clears the ball then the goal doesn’t happen and nobody is talking about the offside or the foul on Helander.

No matter which way you put the scenario, it all comes down to what Rangers can do to make sure we win games.

As I’ve said previously, the referees are terrible and the club can certainly play the game better when it comes to calling out poor decisions. I won’t ever dispute that.

However, referees being against us isn’t something I’m onboard with and see it as paranoid drivel in all honesty.

The correlation in us dropping points, not playing well and the referees being terrible is rather telling.

Same as the correlation between us winning, playing better and the referees still being terrible is also telling.

There’s a common denominator in all of this and it ain’t the men in the middle.
Sorry, and I'm really not being pedantic here, but I genuinely dont understand the point your making...though it's probably my bad.

When it comes to how Rangers are refereed, are you actually saying it's just cause refs are poor?

Using Clancy as the obvious example, given his performances in last 3games he's officiated Rangers. We won them all, but were subject to horrific refereeing yet none of the opposition, whilst losing, had any issues with the ref. Why?

And finally, if they are just 'terrible', why are we not seeing other teams consistently suffer? Absolutely a ref, like a player, can have a nightmare, but surely a terrible ref would be terrible every game and would be getting called out beyond matches were involved in?

I would tend to agree with you if there wasn’t a continuous pattern where we are continually on the receiving end of ad decisions.

If Goldson clears the ball then the goal doesn’t happen and nobody is talking about the offside or the foul on Helander.

No matter which way you put the scenario, it all comes down to what Rangers can do to make sure we win games.

As I’ve said previously, the referees are terrible and the club can certainly play the game better when it comes to calling out poor decisions. I won’t ever dispute that.

However, referees being against us isn’t something I’m onboard with and see it as paranoid drivel in all honesty.
Ifs and buts DP, nobody is or can complain at their first goal as Barasic missed opportunity to stop the cross! Goldson missing the header is neither here nor there the equalising goal falls on the match officials 1. For allowing a player offside to continue then 2. Allowing the goal scorer to foul Hellander these are facts not ifs and buts!

Back