Even this early in season proves we'll need to beat officials as well as other teams

blueballs

Kevin Clancy put referees on notice when he went to the press in their name and told us all they knew what was at stake this season. Its incredulous to see then the weekly decisions which go against us, and beyond doubt shows we've made the players an easy team to penalise, given the outdated and ineffective approach of 'dignified silence'

Just 8 games in, we've seen inability to award penalties for handball, fictitious bookings for players who themselves were being fouled, unbelievable lack of red card for horrific challenges and simple offside not being awarded.

These are to name but a few from this season 'where refs know what ats stake' and follow on from last where we could fill a page with more horrific decisions.

And that's not to even begin on a more detailed analysis that is the outright cheat of Kevin Clancy himself

This is not run of the mill stuff that evens itself out. Clancy (cheat) apart, this is a culture resulting in years of direct action blaming refs for poor decisions (resulting in fcukin strikes such was the intensity) plus media PR machines in full action.

Our last favourable important decision was Morelos offside goal at Tynecastle few years back. This stuff doesn't just even itself out.

Other refs are part of the system whereby they fear giving big decisions against some teams, and fear giving big decisions in our favour. That itself is inherent cheating.

It's okay to call this out whilst accepting that the team could have played better. We were guff yesterday, and nowhere will I suggest that had Goldson not played that pass, or Kent better finished that shot, same with Arfield, or even Tav defended better, that it would have been a different story and undoubtedly we'd have won - I accept this.

However that doesn't mean the equally as true is the point we'd likely have won if the linesman with the clear view raised his flag for a simple offside.

We can have two equally relevant conversations and it's a disservice to do otherwise.

I wonder if some fans have this utopia approach whereby we can only win a championship by winning games that we annihilate others teams in. Never in history has any team done so. Thats where we get lines such as 'winning ugly', knowing it takes over the course of a season occasions where you need to 'grind out results' and get the 'rub of the green' with ref calls.

Take that away, which is what's happened, and its naive to assume well be the first team to win a league caused we just need to 'concentrate on what we do'. Rubbish. To win a league we need to do that PLUS expect refs to apply same standards meaning we grind out 2-1 wins despite missing chances and not defending as well as wed hope.

We need to wake up to this, and start calling it out.

Yesterday was a different venue, but we faced the same thuggery and the same compliant refs refusing to issue red cards to our opponents.
Clancy set that standard the previous week. Many mentioned the lack of red card vs Dundee Utd sets teams up to play thuggish against us. We shouldn't be surprised that's exactly what happened in the next game.

But for me, the linesman not flagging for a simple offside is the most gauling

Clancy set that standard the previous week. Many mentioned the lack of red card vs Dundee Utd sets teams up to play thuggish against us. We shouldn't be surprised that's exactly what happened in the next game.

i thought from the linesman position he'd have viewed the 2nd goal as offside or a foul on helander.

As said before they will try to stop us winning. Any 50/50 decision will go against us.yesterday ref must have saw both elbows to give yellows.surely the refs supervisor must be asking why is morelos one not a red.ĺinesman should be asked why did you not flag for offside. Both should be demoted. No surrender w.a.t.p

Said it before, will say it again. It should be the focus of EVERY interview we give.

Q. So Steven, another tough European game ahead.
A. Yes, but id like to talk about the fact Rangers are referred differently to everyone else.

Q. So Steven, any injuries to report?
A. Lers talk about Robertson deeming an elbow to face as only a yellow card. Lets talk about a linesmen failing to flag an offside

So on and so forth. Give them zero content bar highlighting the standard of refereeing in Rangers games.

I would estimate the difference in the approach of referees and linesmen between a Rangers game and a Celtic game will amount to 10 points a season to their benefit. Offside goals, yellow and red cards, penalties. Easily 10 points.
Totally agree.

This is the tangible effect - points.

This is so important, cause these decisions racking against us are going to cause us points being lost.

Compare that to them, where over the seasons course, they'll see points gained from officials

Until we consistently challenge decisions on a win, draw or lose basis this will continue. There is enough evidence via footage & stats to back up the bias being shown but again we chose the dignified silence

I usually counter posts where posters just blame the referees for a bad result.In this case I am finding it difficult to disagree with anything the O.P.is saying.
I think the refs get an easy time from our Club and that needs to change.If on the rare occasion celtic get a decision against them,you can be sure Lennon and the usual suspects will bang on about it for days.
I don't think the refs are terrified because for the "top" ones it is basically a hobby and don't need it to feed their family,however no one likes criticism and a lot of flack from the on line bams.So the temptation to take the easy way out is always there.Which of course is cheating.
On a footballing front we are capable of winning the league but we need the officials to do their job in a fair way.

Last edited:
I see David McGeachie was an Assistant yesterday.

Definitely the same linesman who spotted Morelos ficticuous kick out at Aberdeen (red card rescinded) and I'm sure - correct me if I'm wrong - Morelos elbow on Scott Brown (another red card).

Was he the far side assistant yesterday? From pics, looks likely. If so, then how interesting that he spots some things but not the basics hes paid to see, such as a player standing offside

David McGeachie - names never far from controversial Rangers games

I would estimate the difference in the approach of referees and linesmen between a Rangers game and a Celtic game will amount to 10 points a season to their benefit. Offside goals, yellow and red cards, penalties. Easily 10 points.
One of the reasons the SPL does not have VAR

Easily. They benefitted by 4 points in less than 24hrs at the weekend, given they beat Livi courtesy of a clearly offside goal and we dropped 2 points to Hibs, due to a clearly offside goal.

We need to be challenging decisions on the field also, As a captain Tav needs to be in the refs face , problem is you can’t do that being stuck out on the wing, look at Barry Ferguson for an example consistently in the refs face , winning us decisions

I said it on here before before a ball was kicked this season.

If you though the refs were bad last year then there is no way will we be allowed to win the league this year.

And i include games which we wont be involed directly in.

Our players racking up cheap yellows players of other teams wont.

And it will be worse and more blatant the closer it is.

We can call it out but it'll do little good.
When a vote is blatantly rigged to ensure Celtic are awarded the title then the writing on the wall can hardly be clearer.
Whatever the various opinions about our use of EBT's one thing is certain- we're still being punished.

Dropping 2 valuable points to an offside goal is something we had better get used to as the Papes go for 9.75 in a row. We simply will not be allowed to win the League this year with this current set of 'impartial' officials and the corrupt administrators of Scottish Football. The default position for all referees and linemen is, whenever there's an iffy decision to be made, give it if it favours Septic, and deny it if it favours Rangers. Take the path of least resistance every time, because they all know Rangers won't kick up a stink about it.

The Papes say Septic DON'T have a disproportionate influence on the running of Scottish Football, but everyone else tells the truth.

Mad that people’s crutch is referees every single time we drop points.

They are terrible but looking closer to home provides the answers as to why we drop points in games like yesterday and against Livingston earlier in the season.

They are terrible but looking closer to home provides the answers as to why we drop points in games like yesterday and against Livingston earlier in the season.
You read the OP?

In particular this bit....

We were guff yesterday, and nowhere will I suggest that had Goldson not played that pass, or Kent better finished that shot, same with Arfield, or even Tav defended better, that it would have been a different story and undoubtedly we'd have won - I accept this.

It's no really that 'mad' to understand the premise. Through a course of a season, given no team will be certain to excel every game, other variables impact points, which in turn win leagues.

One of these is officials and their decisions. Given I dont deny we could play better, it's actually equally the case that we wouldn't have dropped points had the linesman flagged for an easy offside.

It seems like the club will continue to do nothing about the refs. Therefore, what can we do as supporters to put pressure on Crawford Allan, as the Head of Referee Operations at the SFA, and other referee leadership? They should be accountable for the consistently poor performances by match officials to our detriment.

You read the OP?

In particular this bit....

We were guff yesterday, and nowhere will I suggest that had Goldson not played that pass, or Kent better finished that shot, same with Arfield, or even Tav defended better, that it would have been a different story and undoubtedly we'd have won - I accept this.

It's no really that 'mad' to understand the premise. Through a course of a season, given no team will be certain to excel every game, other variables impact points, which in turn win leagues.

One of these is officials and their decisions. Given I dont deny we could play better, it's actually equally the case that we wouldn't have dropped points had the linesman flagged for an easy offside.

I did read the OP but after a million threads about referees being out to get us, that’s just this season, they all merge in to smorgasbord of nonsense really.

The referees are always going to be pish, if we are sitting come May with zero trophies again it won’t be down to them.

I did read the OP but after a million threads about referees being out to get us, that’s just this season, they all merge in to smorgasbord of nonsense really.

The referees are always going to be pish, if we are sitting come May with zero trophies again it won’t be down to them.
If we lose the league by 1 point, does it not become relevant?

It’s depressing to think that no matter how well we play, we will have to beat corrupt officials in almost every game.

This also affects how we play. Any sign of aggression from us and the yellows and reds are immediately flashed at our players. Meanwhile, Hibs can elbow and forearm smash Rangers players with no red cards. It is sickening what represents fair and impartial referreeing.

We need to go into every game as if we are already one down.
Nobody is going to do anything to help us.
As someone said yesterday get Rangers Tv and Rangers media to highlight and call out every decision against us.
They can’t ban pundits.
Get them to be a pest that they can’t silence

Definitely the same linesman who spotted Morelos ficticuous kick out at Aberdeen (red card rescinded) and I'm sure - correct me if I'm wrong - Morelos elbow on Scott Brown (another red card).

Was he the far side assistant yesterday? From pics, looks likely. If so, then how interesting that he spots some things but not the basics hes paid to see, such as a player standing offside

Think it was Frank Connor, McGeachie was on main stand side.

Linesman was a happy man when they scored

Strangely enough we won 4-0 last week and still were furious with the performance of the referee.

Uncrutch that one at your leisure.

And last week was but the tip of the iceberg.

Anyone that still thinks referees are just pish / incompetent are fools. They are very competent in their roles.

We’ve lost a plethora of points and a cup final due to incorrect decisions in the last 3-4 years. Is there even a single example of them not winning a game due to a bad decision in that same time frame?

Remember the hunt for Beatons head after a single defeat to us - and that was in a game in which we should have had a penalty and Brown should have been sent off.

The officials aren’t even to blame anymore though. They are doing what they are meant to do. We are to blame for gross negligence.

Last edited:
Robertson, yesterdays ref, has form against us. Another mentally challenged in black. One of our players will be seriously hurt sooner or later. One of the linesmen was smiling his face of when Hibs scored.

We need to develop a siege mentality. Smash teams from the first whistle, blow them away early. That way we take the dodgy officials out the equation.
This is the only way to go! The officials are dodgy as %^*& but it’s not going to change any time soon, although I would like us to call them out on it more.

Strangely enough we won 4-0 last week and still were furious with the performance of the referee.

Uncrutch that one at your leisure.

And last week was but the tip of the iceberg.

Funny that isn’t it, how we still win games even when referees are shit.

It’s almost as if the reasons for winning and losing games, for the most part, aren’t based on refereeing decisions.

Funny that isn’t it, how we still win games even when referees are shit.

It’s almost as if the reasons for winning and losing games, for the most part, aren’t based on refereeing decisions.

It's got to the stage we win games despite and in spite of the referees.

Does that mean I'm glossing over the misses by Alfie, Kent and Arfield? No it doesn't.

It's consistently glaring. We are refereed to a different standard to every other team in the country and it HAS TO stop.

Yes our defence was shite! Yes over the 90 minutes a win would have flattered us but that is entirely NOT the point. In almost every match involving Rangers now there are at least two clear instances of undiluted bias. Now is the time the club needs to call it out. When we are top of the league rather than further down the road because the tramps across the city will site that as sour grapes.

We might well still fall short for this title in fact as far as things stand I'd say that's still a distinct probability, but ffs we should be demanding the opportunity to have a fair fight at least.
Rangers need to publicly back the support on this because the silence is deafening and the support has had enough.

We are never going to win a title when the corrupt sfa are out to award Celtic another title. We get goals disallowed that shouldn’t, offside goals against us allowed, we get forearm smashes and straight legged career ending tackles roundly ignored.

If Celtic were continually subjected to the shite we are the mhedia would have rounded on the refs already. Fact is they cover it all up, Hugh Keevins thinks the forearm smash is ok and chooses to blame us for being paranoid. Were it his team on the wrong end of this corruption he’d not shut his nasally whiny specky gub about it.

The club needs to highlight every clear wrong decision win,lose or draw to build a consistent case against the corruption, not the iffs buts and mibbee's. We will win the majority and that will give is credibility ,a case of "sing" when your winning if you will.

Read and weep:
You should read the record - according to Jonathan Mcfarlane:

1. offside decision - yes it’s offside, but you can understand why it’s not given.
2. Red cards - nah, both incidents are yellow.
3. Hibs deserves a penalty.

Who says there is no agenda? The question is how do we change it?

From listening to the hand and heart pod - David says that he asked the question in refereeing on Friday to the manager and he choose to say no comment. This does not really help us...as I thought that teeing up the questions would allow us to get it to the forefront of the press. However, If Stevie G does not want to do this, I’m really struggling to see what we can do.

Kevin Clancy put referees on notice when he went to the press in their name and told us all they knew what was at stake this season. Its incredulous to see then the weekly decisions which go against us, and beyond doubt shows we've made the players an easy team to penalise, given the outdated and ineffective approach of 'dignified silence'

Just 8 games in, we've seen inability to award penalties for handball, fictitious bookings for players who themselves were being fouled, unbelievable lack of red card for horrific challenges and simple offside not being awarded.

These are to name but a few from this season 'where refs know what ats stake' and follow on from last where we could fill a page with more horrific decisions.

And that's not to even begin on a more detailed analysis that is the outright cheat of Kevin Clancy himself

This is not run of the mill stuff that evens itself out. Clancy (cheat) apart, this is a culture resulting in years of direct action blaming refs for poor decisions (resulting in fcukin strikes such was the intensity) plus media PR machines in full action.

Our last favourable important decision was Morelos offside goal at Tynecastle few years back. This stuff doesn't just even itself out.

Other refs are part of the system whereby they fear giving big decisions against some teams, and fear giving big decisions in our favour. That itself is inherent cheating.

It's okay to call this out whilst accepting that the team could have played better. We were guff yesterday, and nowhere will I suggest that had Goldson not played that pass, or Kent better finished that shot, same with Arfield, or even Tav defended better, that it would have been a different story and undoubtedly we'd have won - I accept this.

However that doesn't mean the equally as true is the point we'd likely have won if the linesman with the clear view raised his flag for a simple offside.

We can have two equally relevant conversations and it's a disservice to do otherwise.

I wonder if some fans have this utopia approach whereby we can only win a championship by winning games that we annihilate others teams in. Never in history has any team done so. Thats where we get lines such as 'winning ugly', knowing it takes over the course of a season occasions where you need to 'grind out results' and get the 'rub of the green' with ref calls.

Take that away, which is what's happened, and its naive to assume well be the first team to win a league caused we just need to 'concentrate on what we do'. Rubbish. To win a league we need to do that PLUS expect refs to apply same standards meaning we grind out 2-1 wins despite missing chances and not defending as well as wed hope.

Cheers Peter!

It could be tho.. remember the cup final?

No that was Frank Connor another bitter mentally challenged.

Back