Evening Times just can't bring themselves to say "Celtic fan"

DeeCeeTee

Hidden about 35 articles down the main page, looks like another Hollicom special!

Search for man in Celtic top after he assaults four in Paisley pub with glass
By Evening Times Online
PUB BRAWL
The Last Post, Paisley
10269834.png

Police are searching for a man who is said to have assaulted as many as four people on a pub near Glasgow.
Officers in Paisley are looking for witnesses who may have seen the alleged attacks, with the suspect reportedly punching victims, as well as throwing furniture and glass in the pub.
The man in question, who police believe was wearing a Celtic top and grey jacket, is said to have attacked punters in the
Police are asking members of the public to come forward with any information which may help them.
Anyone with information regarding the alleged suspect is asked to contact police on 101, or anonymously on Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111, quoting incident number 3505 of August 12.

The Last Post doesn't even have TVs to show sports (and as with most Witherspoon's, doesn't play music either), therefore is full of jakes taking advantage of cheap bevvy.
So Declan has clearly not even bothered watching his team getting pumped, just went in a huff after someone passed on the good news and went on the rampage after downing his last pint of snakebite.

Hidden about 35 articles down the main page, looks like another Hollicom special!

Search for man in Celtic top after he assaults four in Paisley pub with glass
By Evening Times Online
PUB BRAWL
The Last Post, Paisley
10269834.png

Police are searching for a man who is said to have assaulted as many as four people on a pub near Glasgow.
Officers in Paisley are looking for witnesses who may have seen the alleged attacks, with the suspect reportedly punching victims, as well as throwing furniture and glass in the pub.
The man in question, who police believe was wearing a Celtic top and grey jacket, is said to have attacked punters in the
Police are asking members of the public to come forward with any information which may help them.
Anyone with information regarding the alleged suspect is asked to contact police on 101, or anonymously on Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111, quoting incident number 3505 of August 12.
I think you're just looking to be annoyed mate.

It's a description of what he was wearing in order to catch the beast.(although that narrows it down to about 90% of the mentally challenged adult male population)

"Celtic top" pretty much nails him as a Celtc fan.

As another said i find it hard to believe this roaster physically assaulted 4 people in the Last Post without any ramifications.

Also the article says a pub near Glasgow. It's in the middle of Paisley f f s.

The fact that a guy went on a night out in Paisley with his Celtic top in is just tragic.

Taken from a different angle than usual, had to take a double look myself
It will be taken from google maps.
The car they drive for google wouldn’t be allowed to go round the front of the last Post so that will be the image they’ve took.

Wouldn't go as far as saying I'm looking to be annoyed, but whenever a Rangers fan is involved in anything, it's the headline story on the website. Morelos' off field life has been newsworthy for 3-4 days, today there was a story in the sports headlines about Jermaine Defoe going for a meal in a restaurant. Yet this sounds like a serious assault involving a Celtic fan and is hidden away as far away as possible.

I think you're just looking to be annoyed mate.

It's a description of what he was wearing in order to catch the beast.(although that narrows it down to about 90% of the mentally challenged adult male population)

"Celtic top" pretty much nails him as a Celtc fan.
Exactly!
I can't understand the grievance here...the report clearly says he was wearing a celtic top but the OP's getting all upset because they didn't call him a celtic fan?...really?
We're in danger of getting as bad as them in trying to find a grievance in everything (or nothing)!

But it use to be a prison during WW2.
I’m sure one of hitlers right hand men were kept in it.
No, was the main Post Office even then. The prison was accross the square where the piazza shopping centre is now.

No, was the main Post Office even then. The prison was accross the square where the piazza shopping centre is now.
That’s wrong mate.
The prison was where gilmour st station is now all the way round where the last Post in now.
Go and check mate if you don’t believe me?

That’s wrong mate.
The prison was where gilmour st station is now all the way round where the last Post in now.
Go and check mate if you don’t believe me?

Public executions and cold steel cells aren’t two things you’d normally associate with The Piazza.
But, long before it became Paisley’s premier shopping destination, it was predated by the old Paisley Prison where it’s said dreams went to die.
Built in 1821, the prison was known as County Bridewell and, although it was a stunning edifice, what happened inside was dark and dire.
The jail, overlooking the River Cart, received its first prisoners in 1823.
Old maps clearly show the prison to be between Gilmour St and the River Cart

Last edited:
Public executions and cold steel cells aren’t two things you’d normally associate with The Piazza.
But, long before it became Paisley’s premier shopping destination, it was predated by the old Paisley Prison where it’s said dreams went to die.
Built in 1821, the prison was known as County Bridewell and, although it was a stunning edifice, what happened inside was dark and dire.
The Gilmour st station use to be a prison mate.
The piazza might have been a prison but so was gilmour st station

IIRC, the old prison sat on the west bank of the Cart, facing east over it to Smithhill Street till the Piazza was built over the river c1968.

IIRC, the old prison sat on the west bank of the Cart, facing east over it to Smithhill Street till the Piazza was built over the river c1968.
Paisley Jail sat on the left of County Square as you entered from underneath the railway bridge from Old Sneddon - the opposite side of the square from the Post Office.
It had a large arch entrance sitting on cobbles and was demolished in the late 60's

Your all jumping to the wrong conclusion.Its obviously a Rangers fan dressed up as a goblin.

I wouldn't stoop that low, even at Halloween
That tadger nicky campbell already said “it could possibly be a Rangers fan dressed up as a hearts fan” after graveyard teeth was assaulted at tyncastle.So you know some deranged rheptile somewhere will believe this could also be a Bear.

This happened on MONDAY evening my disabled wife and I got caught up in this.As it’s an ongoing police inquiry I can’t say to much other than full description duly given to police.

Correct. Suggestions that the station was a prison is wrong. The railway has been in the same location since the 1860s. So the station cannot have been a prison.

dressed as celtic fan - looks like celtic fan - smells like celtic fan - acts like celtic fan. I therefore conclude......

Back