Ever been on TV at a game?

I ended up being interviewed on German TV from a pub in Partick when we were playing Germany in the World Cup.
I haven't the feintest idea if any German viewers understood a word I said! :)
The other time I was "caught" on camera was at a Cup Final at Hampden and before the kick off, they scanned the crowd and there was me making that "what a pair of diddies" gesture to my mate about the cheerleaders that were entertaining us at the time.
The first I knew about it was Mrs Cutlass telling me that she saw me on the telly and it just confirmed to her that I was a dickhead!
:):):)

Pretty much as it says.

I used to be quite a lot when sat in row D of the Copland. Spotted myself on a few season review DVDs late 2000s/early 2010s.

Anyone else, or caught doing something embarrassing by cameras at a game?

Yes. Always sat in row J right behind the goals. Was on recently at the Dundee home game when Barasic hit the underside of the bar. I was the only tube that leapt up. :)

1-0 win v Hearts at Tynecastle, Dec 2000 when we had two men sent off.

I was only 15 years old with my Dad. We were in front row near the corner flag. For some reason Hearts allocated us a section in their old main stand. Anyway, every time Robbie Neilson took a throw in beside me, i got up and shouted abuse at him. My mum called my Dad at half time to get him to calm me down.

The game was live on STV if i remember correctly. Next day at school i felt like a celebrity haha

Early 80’s against St Mirren at love st. Camera pans the crowd on sportscene that night on the highlights and there’s me aged 12 smoking a fag. My auld ma nearly fell off her armchair trying to catch me run oot the living room. Kept in for a week and no allowed to go to next 3 games. My big cousin got it also as he was stood next to me suppost to be the responsible one. Aw the memories :mad: (I still smoke)

The 4-2 new year game at the old midden, you can quite clearly see my right arm whilst celebrating one of the goals, I was next to the pylon wearing a classic blue n white Benetton jumper.

During a game, no, but my other half and I were over in Poznan, Poland one summer, just strolling through the old town market, when before I knew it a TV crew were in my face. The interviewer was firing all these questions at me like a machine gun, in Polish of course, and I was stood there like a plum. My girlfriend had to quickly interject to explain I was a bear with no knowledge of the local lingo (mad Lech casual in the days of her yoof, scary woman), so the cameras turned on her while she answered a few questions on Lech and the Ekstraklasa while I look like a spare prick in the background.

To my delight, though, the interviewer was familiar with the Gers and shouted good luck the rangers for next season as he wrapped up the interview.

Aberdeen away when Robbie winters got pelted and the sheep ran on the pitch. Phoned a sicky at work to go to pittodrie. When it all kicked off my old man phoned to tell me I was on the telly and don’t do anything stupid.

Look at my post mate, post 22.

Yeah. When Ross county beat Berwick Rangers in the 90’s I’m shown sitting on the wall. What a cup run that was.

I was behind the goal at the beach football on Copa Cabana beach, Rio de Janiro. France v Brazil. Cantona was playing as well.

I also got lifted at Anfield one time. I got frog marched round the track on a live TV game.

I'm on the TV a belter at the Peterhead game. Wrecked out my nut standing on the on the seats in the UB section giving it full fist pumps and screaming like a mentalist.

Pre match for the 3-2 game against the scum when they could have won the league clear as day in my Ulster shirt in the West Enclosure, singing something unpleasant in their direction.

Just found out my youngest Grandson (10) is a ball-boy at the Newcastle v Soton match on Saturday night.:)
I'll probably miss a few goals looking out for him. :))

1975 in a crowd shot at Easter Road the game Colin Stein (superstar) won the league, headed goal from a McKean cross. Found it on youtube a while back.

Pretty much as it says.

I used to be quite a lot when sat in row D of the Copland. Spotted myself on a few season review DVDs late 2000s/early 2010s.

Anyone else, or caught doing something embarrassing by cameras at a game?

When we won the league at Kilmarnock back in 2011. I was sitting/standing down the front just to the right hand side of the goal mouth. Was on tv for all the early goal celebrations and can also see me when the masked Walter invades the pitch side. :cool:

Back in 2001 I was at morecambe v cambridge in the fa cup 2nd round. The winner played Ipswich at home. Morecambe won and I was caught on match of the day jumping over the wall for the pitch invasion then promptly slipping on my arse

Think it was a cup final at Hamden against them about 48 years ago, myself and two mates ran on to the track waving our scarf . Was 15 years old ,weekend in cells fined 10 pounds on monday.

There was someone filming in the West Enclosure years back and we starting singing and bouncing for the camera. Then a neighour said he saw us on a documentary about football shouting FTP etc

My other half was on tv in the build up to the away game at Molde, he was stood with his arms folded, looked like a bouncer!

At old Trafford 2003. Camera panned to me and I was looking pretty pissed off

Dortmund home game

Me and 2 others tops off wearing stupid red white and blue jester hats

I was 17/18 and really drunk, was a baltic night too

The best I've seen was a well known Ulster bear who had conned his way into a Champions League game at Old Trafford in 2003 as a steward. He is stood right at the tunnel as the teams emerge and gives it "come on the Rangers." Roy Keane's face is a picture.

Finally got brief footage of this incident. Literally the first second of this video. He is actually wearing a Champions League TV bib.

The last league decider down at Kilmarnock. The camera went right along our row. 8 family members made the TV.

4-0 against the piglets when GVB scored the 4th.
I was back page of the metro after the playoff 2nd leg with Queen of the South.

Half time in the 6-2 game at the chamber of secrets best say I wasn't looking too pleased.

Something that is ingrained in Rangers history. At Tannadice Richard Gough is presented with the 9th league trophy and in the background in the George Fox stand me and my mate applauding. It’s in the official DVD :))!

Wasn’t fun sitting in the away support that night but we damn near exploded when we scored. It was incredible how many Rangers fans were in that stand that night.

I was on the tele that game. I had been drinking. Twas obvious

Sure I saw myself in the footage at Pittodrie when we won the league up there. On the pitch at the end with my dad and other members of The Carmyle RSC pulling those goalposts down.

1980 cup final. Went to pub after game. Phoned my maw to let her know I was ok as there was bother at the match.
She said Ah know ya bastert
Ah seen ye oan the telly.

Both home Old Firm games this season. In amongst this lot;

60594866_2471046066261275_2487441115616116736_o.jpg

Hateley goal

The handsome guy walking down the first aisle in the Broomloan front with a tray of pies and bovril is me... Only time I have ever watched a game from there

Reactions: VGM
Twice , both away games , Morton away couple of years back the game Halliday got sent off got the “ Gesture “ and on bt sport at Kilmarnock away this season, 2-1 defeat just after the winter break.

Hateley goal

The handsome guy walking down the first aisle in the Broomloan front with a tray of pies and bovril is me... Only time I have ever watched a game from there

Did you get mobbed in the streets by autograph hunters for the rest of the 90s?

Interesting fact: that game was played on Black Wednesday

Back