Ever forgotten to go to a game?

Not quite the same, at a Thistle game at Ibrox on New Year's Day around 1980 one of guys had been out bevvying since the previous afternoon and was completely pissed. The next match he couldn't remember being at the Thistle game.

I wasn't paying attention to the fixture list and was convinced we didn't have a game last weekend and arranged dinner with the missus' father up in Perth. Luckily my boy was checking the betting for the weekend and reminded me or we probably wouldn't have realized in time.

Anybody ever missed a game by either totally forgetting or turned up late for an early kick off? :)
Never!!!!

Funnily enough my dad almost did this four weeks ago for the Livi game.

I was on holiday at the time which would’ve been a factor as I drive up.

He was sitting at home reading the papers and just looked at the wee box in the corner that said Rangers vs Livi kick off at Ibrox 3pm and shat himself. This was at about 12. Bus up and made it by the skin of his teeth!

I slept in for the 4-4 game with the Junglies because I was Lilian Gished the night before. My mates said they were knocking the door down to wake me up but failed.
They still slag me about it.

Seemed a good idea at the time Loyal :rolleyes:

Not the same but I fell asleep a few weeks ago after getting in from work. Woke up, looked at the clock which was at 7:55 and shit myself as I thought I had missed the Feyenoord game. Took about ten seconds to figure out it was only Wednesday night.

Getting ready to get on the tram to Ibrox from brigton and the polis told everyone plus the supporters buses passing through that the game was off due to fog.
Buses coming up the a74 and a8 came through brigton x, the gorbals and prw.
Dundee won 5-1 and the league that season.

Been hungover loads of times before a big game and missed the game itself or fell asleep on the supporters bus and they couldn't wake me up. It's fine when they wake me up but if we lose I hate myself and am convinced if I'd been there we would have won. I remember once during 9 in a row we had lost 3-0 to Dundee Utd and I was asleep in the bus and from then on in it was "wake that lady's front bottom up"

Missed us winning 2-0 at Parkhead when Vignal & Novo scored due to tripping on LSD.It was horrific and I never took it again!:eek:
I too have done this. Same venue, different game. Think big Hateley got both in a 2-0 win. Took LSD again, just not two hours before an OF game.
Missed the Jan'92 OF game because I was in bed with a girl I had pulled. Married her a few years later. Now divorced. Going to that game could have changed the course of my life. We won 3-1 btw.
In the lower leagues a few years back, took my boy to Ibrox. Had to grt him back to his mum's at 3pm. No problem I thought, 12.30ko plenty of time. Only trouble was KO was 2.30 that day. Had to explain to the wee man that we couldn't go. Felt f**kin terrible seeing his dissappointment.

I too have done this. Same venue, different game. Think big Hateley got both in a 2-0 win. Took LSD again, just not two hours before an OF game.
Missed the Jan'92 OF game because I was in bed with a girl I had pulled. Married her a few years later. Now divorced. Going to that game could have changed the course of my life. We won 3-1 btw.
In the lower leagues a few years back, took my boy to Ibrox. Had to grt him back to his mum's at 3pm. No problem I thought, 12.30ko plenty of time. Only trouble was KO was 2.30 that day. Had to explain to the wee man that we couldn't go. Felt f**kin terrible seeing his dissappointment.
Happy you married the chick. Hope she wasn't a mentally challenged?

Funnily enough, had a massive sesh starting on Friday, then got the bus into town today around 1800 only to see a few bears wearing Rangers tops and shat myself I'd missed a game! Took me a while to realise it was the legends game they'd been at, and that this was an international weekend.

Never missed a game I had a ticket for but I'm nightshift midweek so my sleep pattern at weekends gets real messed up.
Last weekend I woke up at halftime, checked twitter and saw so many happy bears and couldn't work out the story... soon realised the poets had lost and we were heading top of the league.
Need a better alarm.

I wasn't paying attention to the fixture list and was convinced we didn't have a game last weekend and arranged dinner with the missus' father up in Perth. Luckily my boy was checking the betting for the weekend and reminded me or we probably wouldn't have realized in time.

Anybody ever missed a game by either totally forgetting or turned up late for an early kick off? :)
Turned up at Ibrox once with the alarm bells ringing, thinking the undergrounds very quiet going to the match today. Only to be met by the subway loyal heading for the train as I came out the station. 12:30 kick off, feckin beeling at myself! o_O

Alarming to think someone could miss the game out of forgetfulness but I suppose it’s possible

Missed Gers 4-0 Dundee Scottish Cup 2016 due to a serious hangover. Managed to get up and switch the tv on for game just kicking off... bang goal Forrester.

Missed a game drunk/mwi but never forgot.

Fell asleep in Inverness and a copper bought me a Greggs to sober me up. One of the last time I took Eccies at the Fitba.

Jaw was swinging like the 60’s trying to eat a piping hot steak bake. The joys.

Missed a game drunk/mwi but never forgot.

Fell asleep in Inverness and a copper bought me a Greggs to sober me up. One of the last time I took Eccies at the Fitba.

Jaw was swinging like the 60’s trying to eat a piping hot steak bake. The joys.

Was it most enjoyable?

Hogmanay 1962 and my old man told me he had imbibed rather too jovially.

The result being when his youngest brother came up to get him for the Ne'erday match against the filth, he settled for his kip instead of witnessing a 4-0 tonking.

I deliberately got steaming for the 5-0 game at the Piggery a couple years back, still haven’t seen the bastards goals so doesn’t count

You're lucky mate.

The only time I've ever left a game early.

5 of us ended up leaving after the 5th goal and managed to talk our way through the segregation barriers and walked down London Rd to a pub at Bridgeton Cross.

There was still about 30 minutes to go when they scored their 5th and it could easily have been 8 or 9 that day.

The writing was on the wall as soon as Jason Cummings was selected ahead of Morelos and Kenny Miller by Murty.

Horrible day.

You're lucky mate.

5 of us ended up leaving after the 5th goal and managed to talk our way through the segregation barriers and walked down London Rd to a pub at Bridgeton Cross.

There was still about 30 minutes to go when they scored their 5th and it could easily have been 8 or 9 that day.

The writing was on the wall as soon as Jason Cummings was selected ahead of Morelos and Kenny Miller by Murty.

Horrible day.
I did stay until the end and hurrled abuse are some ginger mentally challenged the full second second half!

that decision is still baffling really no idea what he was thinking not that it would’ve made much difference but still mental all the same!

Been hungover loads of times before a big game and missed the game itself or fell asleep on the supporters bus and they couldn't wake me up. It's fine when they wake me up but if we lose I hate myself and am convinced if I'd been there we would have won. I remember once during 9 in a row we had lost 3-0 to Dundee Utd and I was asleep in the bus and from then on in it was "wake that lady's front bottom up"

Remember that one. Weren't they 3-0 up within 25 minutes or something. Bowman scored a header after about 40 seconds.

You're lucky mate.

Horrible day.

Stayed till the bitter end that day. Not many did but tbh I do t blame anyone who walked out. A complete capitulation from the first whistle.

Off topic but my old man made it to the NY game you mention with a full leg in plaster. Always wondered if that was Bomber's proudest moment as a player. I know he's won countless medals but scoring a goal like that on NY day in front of the Rangers end must've been something very special

I have weird dreams going to bus stop to stop to save money then by the time i get there its too late lol

Stayed till the bitter end that day. Not many did but tbh I do t blame anyone who walked out. A complete capitulation from the first whistle.

Like I said mate, never done it before, or since, but I was totally scunnered, especially on the back of the meek surrender to them at Hampden previous to it.

Like I said mate, never done it before, or since, but I was totally scunnered, especially on the back of the meek surrender to them at Hampden previous to it.

Agreed bro. I was right next to the segregation point too, making it about as bad as it could get. Lot of Bears walked out before half time.

To answer OP I've missed a game at the Piggery due to being a bit under the weather after a night at The Arches. Woke up with 5 minutes to go. We lost 1-0

Back