Ever not purchased a home kit due to design?

Ever not bought a home top due to not liking design?

• Yes, I never bought it due to design

Votes: 85 39.4%
  • Yes, as above but bought 2nd/3rd strip instead

Votes: 52 24.1%
  • No, I always like the strip

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • No, I always buy regardless of design

Votes: 61 28.2%

• Total voters

Subway Bear

Shit load of threads on strips, favourites retros, remakes, etc. More than a few threads have some budding Gok Wans on them telling us all what strips were great and which ones were horrendous.

So question is, if you are a regular buyer of the home kit, has there been one which you didnt buy due to the design? I think as a fanbase most will have bought it anyway regardless, but interested to see if people have felt strongly enough about it to not buy one.

Never bought the 94/95-95/96 season top at the time as I thought it was honking.

Ended up getting one on eBay years later to maintain a collection of course!!

Not strictly design but hated umbro as our manufacturers and tended to avoid buying the tops. Loved Nike stuff and bought loads of it.

s-l1600.jpg

I hated this and still bought it, looks better in hindsight tbh! Tend to only buy the NI ones I like though rather than necessity.

The one we wore in the Lovenkrands final, massive red panels on the sides, horrendous, looked more like a Carlisle shirt than a Rangers one,

In the 80s I bought the white top with blue V neck and red/white/blue candy stripe. Didn't like the blue one.

I usually don't buy because of the design of my fat arse not looking too good in sports gear.

there's never been one i've hated, not been too keen on, yes. If i still wore fitba tops i would still buy them.

s-l1600.jpg

I hated this and still bought it, looks better in hindsight tbh! Tend to only buy the NI ones I like though rather than necessity.
Didn't like that either. I wasn't buying into the stuff about owning a unique top. It was a way of rattling out miles of fabric and not having to worry about it fitting a template thus saving on waste-age etc.
I did buy the "Tangerine" top though :p

Bought that diadora one and took it out of the packet outside the old Rangers shop in Sauchiehall st. The pattern design was upside down and all over the place. Took it right back for a refund

I thought the 03-05 home top was pish.

Looked like cheap shite and most folks Carling logo was peeling off within the first season.

Great memories with regards to helicopter Sunday though.

There's a couple I've bought but put straight in the drawer in the bag.

The Blackthorn one, utterly horrendous.

The 2nd Diadora with the red stripes down from the neck, Helicopter Sunday one. Im certain we made that ourselves, the quality was terrible.

Blackthorn kit was the first, worst since the 03-05 diadora one, still bought my younger brother it though.
All the Puma tops were rank in their own way. I quite liked the buttoned collar effort for the failed first division year, but think this was when the boycott started and it was probably the most embarrassing season ever, so pass.
As a strip, the one we went up with and beat the scum on penalties was pretty poor design as well, and if there was no boycott I probably wouldn't have bought it regardless.

Tend to always buy the home tops regardless of the design. Don't buy all the away strips though as it gets rather expensive buying 3 tops every single season.

Yes. Really didn't like the Puma kits we had seasons 2013 through 2016. Bad designs and a horrible team to watch on the park means they give me the fear when I see them. Wouldn't have bought them even if the boycott didn't happen.

There's a guy who does paintings of team kits through the ages they look brilliant. Our one has the Puma kits with the Blackthorn sponsor and my irritational hatred of those tops is the only reason I haven't bought one.

Absolutely, pre 2012, I’d happily serve the shite.

It’s hard to do now, for obvious reasons, but I do think as a group, we also need to ensure we don’t fall into the charity bucket. We are easily taken advantage of due to our loyalty given the last ten years.

Of course, it has its upsides, but the quality of products can diminish around us and we still throw money at it, which isn’t a great scenario.

Never liked the 97-99 Nike home shirt although the follow up one is my favourite. Was not too keen on the lilac 94 change top but actually like it now but people on ebay seem to pay crazy money for old tops. I can understand if they are matchworn or autographed the value goes up but the fact an old shirt that has lay in a loft for 20 years can attract interest and a decent price baffles me.

Never bought a Puma kit and even if there wasn't a boycott I'd never have bought them. Each of them was fecking horrendous.

Didn't like the Carling Diadora kit that's been posted, wasn't a big fan of the Umbro "rugby" top and wasn't a huge fan of the red Nike away kit from (I think) 2000/2001.

Never bought any of the Puma ones at all. Shockers, plus I hate Puma as a brand for some reason.

Back