Ever not purchased a home kit due to design?

Ever not bought a home top due to not liking design?

• Yes, I never bought it due to design

Votes: 85 39.4%
  • Yes, as above but bought 2nd/3rd strip instead

Votes: 52 24.1%
  • No, I always like the strip

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • No, I always buy regardless of design

Votes: 61 28.2%

• Total voters
After a long run of buying home shirts at least, refused to buy the 2013-14 Puma/Blackthorn (iirc this was pre boycott) - just looked crap. Never got another until 2018-19.

In amongst that run, the 2003-05 Diadora/Carling was one I wish I hadn't. The worst shirt we had ever had - awful quality and poor fit. The 2005-06 Umbro/Carling shirts weren't too far behind. Slightly better quality but a really odd fit, particularly in long sleeve, slim on the chest but the arms were REALLY baggy.

Ahhhh, a bit off topic but I remember with the 01/02 Lovenkrands cup final kit the internet wasn't what it was and me and about 4 mates gathering around gawking at the draw up of the "new" kit in the window of our local sports shop, the new kit launches got me so excited when I was younger, hope it's the same for the younger bears now

I've become a bit more of a snob about our kits. The sponsor is really putting me off at the moment.

Absolutely honking.

Rangers-14-15-Home-Kit%2B%281%29.jpg

Always bought the home top and usually another with it. Would need to be absolutely rotten for me to not buy it.

I don’t care what the design is like as it’s my Rangers playing in it at least now I know the club will benefit from my purchases.

s-l1600.jpg

I hated this and still bought it, looks better in hindsight tbh! Tend to only buy the NI ones I like though rather than necessity.

I never liked this shirt, then the team were brilliant, won the treble and I never had it off! Moral of the story, get a winning team on the park and the shirt suddenly looks a helluva lot better.

Horrible rugby style top in 2010/2011 and that ugly thing from 2014/15, absolutely detest them two tops!

Hated this one. I could never bring myself to ask for it ( I was too young to buy it myself). Compared to the previous years it was crap, horrible effect on the shirt and looked awful.

I remember my first reaction seeing it and it was “You can’t be serious”. It kinda grew on me but the fact the “ironed on felt” badges wore badly after washing etc, I would rate this close to - if not THE - worst home strip in my supporting time.

I’d always buy them regardless of whether or not I liked them. Looking back I actually think we’ve had more bad than good in the last 15 years.

Diadora, Umbra and Puma have really given us some shite kits. Okay a couple of Umbro’s were decent but for the most part they were poor.

2002/03 and 2003/05 really were monstrosities.

No, which is pretty mental when you think about it: football tops must be the only piece of clothing in your wardrobe that you buy regardless of whether you actually like them or not!

It's almost as if they're exempt from that kind of criticism, even though, looking back, some of them were sartorially shite.

I’d always buy them regardless of whether or not I liked them. Looking back I actually think we’ve had more bad than good in the last 15 years.

Diadora, Umbra and Puma have really given us some shite kits. Okay a couple of Umbro’s were decent but for the most part they were poor.

2002/03 and 2003/05 really were monstrosities.

They were! But really will be remembered fondly for a treble and then Helicopter Sunday.

The Blackthorn sponsored kit from 2013/14, was absolutely honking.

I’m with you on this one, horrible kit imo, bought the away though

I bought the red one, was that the third strip? It was the only one left in the shop and it was XXXL, which even though being bigger, absolutely downed me. I cringe at the photos where I'm proudly wearing it that night.

I thought the 03-05 home top was pish.

Looked like cheap shite and most folks Carling logo was peeling off within the first season.

Great memories with regards to helicopter Sunday though.

Same, didn't buy it or any of Diadora's away tops for the same reason. I did buy the first one they did for us though, the 2002/03 home top with the mental upside doon lions and dots on it. Wasn't a fan of the orange top either.

I've not bought a kit for a while as I don't wear them anymore,, but one I did refuse to get was the early 80s pin stripe design. Hated pin stripes on football shirts

I wasn't a big fan of the Nike Negri top but bought it anyway. Mainly for fives where my nickname was Negri :))

Hated this one. I could never bring myself to ask for it ( I was too young to buy it myself). Compared to the previous years it was crap, horrible effect on the shirt and looked awful.

Was so disappointed when this came out. Promo had it that Souness had a personal hand in designing it. For a cool Magnificent Bastard his taste was honking. The purple shell suits were shite as well. Still bought it and wore it but was like wearing a thick bin bag.

Yes plenty. Didn’t buy any of the ones with the honking big Carling/Tennants logo on them. I thought the big black chunk of plastic on the front ruined them. All the shirts I own are 92 or earlier and either have a raised felt logo or none at all. The only ones after that I bought are the diadora and recent Hummel one.

After a long run of buying home shirts at least, refused to buy the 2013-14 Puma/Blackthorn (iirc this was pre boycott) - just looked crap. Never got another until 2018-19.

In amongst that run, the 2003-05 Diadora/Carling was one I wish I hadn't. The worst shirt we had ever had - awful quality and poor fit. The 2005-06 Umbro/Carling shirts weren't too far behind. Slightly better quality but a really odd fit, particularly in long sleeve, slim on the chest but the arms were REALLY baggy.
Know what you mean about that Umbro one. Looked ok and fitted as normal apart from being 2 inches too small in length

Didn't like or buy any Diadora Home tops, as I thought the design and material had a cheap feel - I did get the orange away one with the NTL logo though.[url=https://ibb.co/vq00mPx][/URL]

Never bought this top as I always felt it looked really cheap. I thought it was honking but for some reason Helicopter Sunday changed my mind.......strange that innit

I don’t really buy tops at my age, but when I was 13 I didn’t really like the new home top released in 1994 so asked for the away instead. Looking back it is a classic, it was just a bit plain compared to the previous shirt which is in my top two Rangers shirts.

Back