Everton after Alfredo morelos?

The EPL is a completely different financial animal to every other league in the world. If we want best price then it has to be a EPL side. If not, we may have to take a lower valuation with a bigger sell on clause.
My thoughts are that he will go mid table side, Everton perfect example and will light the place up. Our sell on clause will have to be very rich.

Everton would be a good level for him right now, still hoping we can hold on to him for one more season. SPFL might be ok but I think we’ll struggle to replace his European goals and performances.

I saw an Everton fan article about it online, 55% of their polled fans didn't want him and quotes attributed to Alan Brazil calling him a "liability".

It's good that fat toads semi retired, he had a platform where he was able to poison the well for Rangers.

This thread is hoaching.

We don't need to re-adjust our expectations when it comes to Alfie's value. The transfer market will be business as usual, the initial fears about Covid, were down to a fear in the inability to honour TV contracts and what impact that would have. Most if not all leagues are completing the season and those contracts are mostly honoured. The transfer window bubble won't burst, not to the extent some on here think it's going to and certainly won't among the top 5 leagues. Clubs outside of that will likely cash in on assets this summer. Sides will likely structure deals differently however. Scottish football will suffer and we all know why but it shouldn't mean we cash in for a quick buck, we aren't in as much financial stress as other teams will be.

Let's just look at Everton in the last few windows, last summer they spent £24 million on Moise Kean from Juventus and £34 million on Richarlison from Watford. Summer before that £20 million on Cenk Tosun. With all of this in mind, people honestly think we should be snapping their hands off for a fee as low as £15 million for Alfredo Morelos? The bastards ripped us off for Jelavic, I'm happy to try and take them a ride on this one.

The amount of posts I've read that parrot back what you see being regurgitated by mentally challenged media mouthpieces, is truly astounding. I thought we were all to boycott the Scottish press? Guess not.

This thread is hoaching.

We don't need to re-adjust our expectations when it comes to Alfie's value. The transfer market will be business as usual, the initial fears about Covid, were down to a fear in the inability to honour TV contracts and what impact that would have. Most if not all leagues are completing the season and those contracts are mostly honoured. The transfer window bubble won't burst, not to the extent some on here think it's going to and certainly won't among the top 5 leagues. Clubs outside of that will likely cash in on assets this summer. Sides will likely structure deals differently however. Scottish football will suffer and we all know why but it shouldn't mean we cash in for a quick buck, we aren't in as much financial stress as other teams will be.

Let's just look at Everton in the last few windows, last summer they spent £24 million on Moise Kean from Juventus and £34 million on Richarlison from Watford. Summer before that £20 million on Cenk Tosun. With all of this in mind, people honestly think we should be snapping their hands off for a fee as low as £15 million for Alfredo Morelos? The bastards ripped us off for Jelavic, I'm happy to try and take them a ride on this one.

The amount of posts I've read that parrot back what you see being regurgitated by mentally challenged media mouthpieces, is truly astounding. I thought we were all to boycott the Scottish press? Guess not.
Agree, it’s bonkers the amount of posters trying to convince people we will be lucky to get 10 million.

West Ham spent 45 million on a striker last year, that’s the market. West ham.

Imagine the guys on here had to negotiate the deal.

Everton: *we’ll give you £20m*

“Nah lets make it £15m, he’s not worth more than that, never scored against Celtic, can’t carry his side for a full season and the market has to change now because of this coronavirus malarkey so I don’t want you skint EPL sides having to strain yer finances”

It's the buying club who would have those concerns, not us. If we were to be offered £20m he'd be gone in the blink of an eye but to suggest clubs wouldn't be going through potential signings with a fine tooth comb is naive.

Clubs will be creating profiles for players and creating pro's & con's lists about each one. With Morelos he's young, Colombian international, performed to a high level in the Europa League last season, perfect for teams playing with one up front but on the other hand we've got all these red cards. That's how other clubs will look at it and yes it effects his value.

Agree, it’s bonkers the amount of posters trying to convince people we will be lucky to get 10 million.

West Ham spent 45 million on a striker last year, that’s the market. West ham.

That's big league to big league market. Scotland is still seen as a cheap hunting ground for talent and we're all selling clubs.

Hopefully now with Robertson, McGinn, Tierney, Armstrong etc doing well down south we can stand our ground more because there's proof that talent can do well down there.

That's big league to big league market. Scotland is still seen as a cheap hunting ground for talent and we're all selling clubs.

Hopefully now with Robertson, McGinn, Tierney, Armstrong etc doing well down south we can stand our ground more because there's proof that talent can do well down there.
Like you say Dembele and tierney have set a precedent, we don’t need to sell either.

Personally I would looking for 25m upwards for Morelos, he could be the difference from being mid table to a European place for Everton or most premier league teams.

Everton are now a big spending club. If they are interested it’ll hopefully bring any other interested clubs out and create a bidding war.

Anything over £20m and think we will cash in but I hope we get a lot more.

Like you say Dembele and tierney have set a precedent, we don’t need to sell either.

We kinda do though. We don't desperately need to sell players to keep the lights on nor do we need to sell our assets cheaply.

However - we don't have many big revenue streams, TV money is peanuts, prize money is peanuts. Europe isn't a guarantee, all our players have a price. It's clear from our business model in recent years that we intend to buy low and sell high and that's how we'll successfully run our business.

Our directors have been amazing in recent years putting their hands in their own pockets but they'll want to start posting profits as soon as possible.

We kinda do though. We don't desperately need to sell players to keep the lights on nor do we need to sell our assets cheaply.

However - we don't have many big revenue streams, TV money is peanuts, prize money is peanuts. Europe isn't a guarantee, all our players have a price. It's clear from our business model in recent years that we intend to buy low and sell high and that's how we'll successfully run our business.

Our directors have been amazing in recent years putting their hands in their own pockets but they'll want to start posting profits as soon as possible.
Really, will they..

‘But, but he hasnae scored against Celtic’

The one line that boils my piss. Anyone who thinks that will be used to negotiate his transfer fee is delusional. Clubs will try to get him for less than he’s valued by us. Simple. He is on a new longer term contract, and unless we’re skint, as some will have us believe, we are in no rush accept anything below what we value him at.

‘But, but he hasnae scored against Celtic’

The one line that boils my piss. Anyone who thinks that will be used to negotiate his transfer fee is delusional. Clubs will try to get him for less than he’s valued by us. Simple. He is on a new longer term contract, and unless we’re skint, as some will have us believe, we are in no rush accept anything below what we value him at.

I'm a massive fan of Alfredo Morelos but our main striker failing to score agaisnt the bheggars is a problem.

It probably won't affect his transfer fee in the same way that the last two months of the season won't.

I'm a massive fan of Alfredo Morelos but our main striker failing to score agaisnt the bheggars is a problem.

It probably won't affect his transfer fee in the same way that the last two months of the season won't.
I honestly don’t see it as a problem. So long as he continues to give them the same problems that he has done in every appearance against them, it won’t bother me if he never scores against them.
If a goal against them is somehow to measure his ability and value, I’ll say two words.

Josh Windass.

No one said anything about Gerrard not wanting to keep Morelos in that scenario, but a 50 million quid transfer would represent double the highest fee ever paid for a player in Scotland, the 36th highest transfer in world history and a 4900% increase in the amount that we paid for him. He'd have been offski, mate.

The lack of bids in that situation clearly indicates that clubs aren't willing to pay what we think he's worth - a point picked up on by @BrooklynBlue , which is fair enough. In which case, we're evaluating him too highly. Transfers are prolonged affairs that start with clubs bidding below what they think a player would go for and inching closer to the club's evaluation as time goes on. Morelos hasn't even been subject to a cheeky, lowball bid that the club can deride in public in an attempt to get his price up. It just isn't happening, for some reason.

To bring in @BrooklynBlue again, I'm loathe to disagree with the idea that the football world is full of perfect experts, but a quote from Arsene Wenger has always stuck with him - "everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home." Our love of Morelos represents a standard affection and recency bias for probably the first hero that most Rangers fans have had in a while and almost certainly our best player for the past however many years. But in the world of football, no one else thinks that our wife is pretty, as well. I'd say that's pretty noteworthy.

If I may say. that was a post long in word count, but short in common sense.

Given Morelos's performance in the SPL, and more significantly, his performance stats playing for Rangers in Europe, more than justify a 20m absolute minimum valuation being placed on him - with a fair value being perhaps closer to the 25m mark. Both estimates are in the region of what most Rangers fans would find acceptable as a transfer fee for Morelos.

It has absolutely nothing to do with your Arsne Wegner quote "...everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home...", though it may be fitting that you quoted the former manager of Arsenal, a club that recently felt able to pay 25m for a frequently injured celtic fullback, who still can't command a regular place in a poor Arsenal defence. To say that Morelos - bearing in mind that the premium for strikers is generally much higher than for fullbacks - could not command a fee at least approximate to that of Tierney, makes little sense. It is the logic of Martin Bain.

Here’s some Alfredo stats

Scored 30 goals last season ....

Scored 29 this season before lockdown that included 14 in Europe, Alfredo broke the Scottish record for number of goals scored before Xmas in Europe, an amazing feat when you consider some of the great strikers that have played in our game for both sides

He hit 6 in the group stages with goals against Porto , Feyenoord and Legia Warsaw
Never in the history of Scottish football has a player been talked down by the media and agenda driven people as Morelos

In comparison Eduardo over at Celtic is a good player only a fool would say otherwise, last season when Morelos was hitting 30 goals he struggled to get a place on the Celtic bench , this season he’s scored 30 goals before lockdown that includes his 3 goals in Europe ( one of them a penalty kick ) , that’s a poor return for a striker widely reported by the same media as being in the £30 million bracket .... really for scoring goals in Scottish football ?

As his stats clearly don’t back it up , if truth be told Morelos has a record over the last 2 seasons Eduardo would love to have

Morelos stats are far superior to Eduardo yet one is been touted for £30 million and one is continually talked down and rubbished

It can only be the colour of Morelos jersey that encourages so many to write like this

I understand Morelos has had his discipline called into question but given the Frenchman shot a passer by with an air rifle when in France he’s hardly a role model either

Who gives a %^*& if he's scored against the scum,he drags them all over the place and that leaves space for everyone else to exploit. Make no mistake,the scum are terrified of him,plain and simple!

They really aren’t.

He will be a refs and hammer throwers wet dream next season.

If I may say. that was a post long in word count, but short in common sense.

Given Morelos's performance in the SPL, and more significantly, his performance stats playing for Rangers in Europe, more than justify a 20m absolute minimum valuation being placed on him - with a fair value being perhaps closer to the 25m mark. Both estimates are in the region of what most Rangers fans would find acceptable as a transfer fee for Morelos.

It has absolutely nothing to do with your Arsne Wegner quote "...everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home...", though it may be fitting that you quoted the former manager of Arsenal, a club that recently felt able to pay 25m for a frequently injured celtic fullback, who still can't command a regular place in a poor Arsenal defence. To say that Morelos - bearing in mind that the premium for strikers is generally much higher than for fullbacks - could not command a fee at least approximate to that of Tierney, makes little sense. It is the logic of Martin Bain.

I'll make this next post a helluva lot shorter, then: his half season performance in a league in which we trailed Celtic by 13 points in February and his goals in the Europa League seem of little consequence or interest to clubs for them to become even remotely interested in a 20-25 million evaluation. How do we know this? Because despite being commodified at every turn, his worth to the team defined almost entirely financially, his own upfront desires to play in a better league and the efforts of his agent in linking him with just about every club in Europe (oh, and Asia) we just haven't seen those bids, have we? In fact, we haven't seen any bids, at all, at any price.

I'm almost not entirely sure I haven't said he might not go for 25 million, and I certainly didn't mention Tierney, references to whom on here always confuse me a little.

Alfredo is worth 20m easy but there’s no way he’s going to Everton. They have C-L and Moise Kean. 2 young strikers who will improve. I think Morelos would suit someone like Crystal Palace or West Ham, somewhere he’ll play every week then he’ll go to a bigger club.

Thought I'd pop in to this thread to see if there's any more to this story...

94469476e6b50b75749ab5eb5891c49a.gif

Would be happy with £18-£20m, with a good sell on clause as he will surely move on again.

Think his time is up here, he is seen as fair game by opposition managers, players and fans, not to mention the media and refs, and this would hopefully let us invest in the 3-4 new players we need.

I'll make this next post a helluva lot shorter, then: his half season performance in a league in which we trailed Celtic by 13 points in February and his goals in the Europa League seem of little consequence or interest to clubs for them to become even remotely interested in a 20-25 million evaluation. How do we know this? Because despite being commodified at every turn, his worth to the team defined almost entirely financially, his own upfront desires to play in a better league and the efforts of his agent in linking him with just about every club in Europe (oh, and Asia) we just haven't seen those bids, have we? In fact, we haven't seen any bids, at all, at any price.

I'm almost not entirely sure I haven't said he might not go for 25 million, and I certainly didn't mention Tierney, references to whom on here always confuse me a little.

The Tierney reference was made simply because the argument is frequently made that because the SPL is often viewed (with good reason) as a 'pub league' whose players can't be expected to command high transfer fees. Tierney's 25m transfer to Arsenal - whilst still modest by EPL standards - provides a yardstick to guage what Rangers might reasonably hope to ask for Morelos (actually, more because he is a striker).

The Tierney reference was made simply because the argument is frequently made that because the SPL is often viewed (with good reason) as a 'pub league' whose players can't be expected to command high transfer fees. Tierney's 25m transfer to Arsenal - whilst still modest by EPL standards - provides a yardstick to guage what Rangers might reasonably hope to ask for Morelos (actually, more because he is a striker).

Sorry - I'm well aware of that. It's just that his transfer fee is discussed simultaneously in lots of different ways. I can never tell if people think it was too much and that Morelos should go for more, whether it was about right but that Morelos is worth more, or whether their transfer fees are comparable. All of the above, probably, depending on the direction of wind.

For what it's worth Tierney has more medals than I dare to look up and we're in a duopolistic league which has actually been monopolistic for the entirety of Morelos' time here. Who's shelling out big bucks for a guy with no medals next to his name when the league is already regarded as shite?

Sorry - I'm well aware of that. It's just that his transfer fee is discussed simultaneously in lots of different ways. I can never tell if people think it was too much and that Morelos should go for more, whether it was about right but that Morelos is worth more, or whether their transfer fees are comparable. All of the above, probably, depending on the direction of wind.

For what it's worth Tierney has more medals than I dare to look up and we're in a duopolistic league which has actually been monopolistic for the entirety of Morelos' time here. Who's shelling out big bucks for a guy with no medals next to his name when the league is already regarded as shite?

his record for the past 2 seasons pisses all over that of Eduardo who’s openly touted by the media as being worth £30 million

really for scoring goals in Scottish football ?

he scored 3 goals in Europe last season one of them a penalty , Morelos on the other hand was banging them in breaking records along the way but it continually talked down

Fact is Eduardo would love to have Morelos’s goal stats for the past 2 seasons

Morelos best move would be Spain or Italy from a football point of view. He’d improve massively as a player and would more than likely become Colombias main striker.

From a financial point of view, some mid table EPL dross like Everton, Palace, Newcastle would be best for both Rangers and Morelos wallets. Wouldn’t be the best move for his career though.

his record for the past 2 seasons pisses all over that of Eduardo who’s openly touted by the media as being worth £30 million

really for scoring goals in Scottish football ?

he scored 3 goals in Europe last season one of them a penalty , Morelos on the other hand was banging them in breaking records along the way but it continually talked down

Fact is Eduardo would love to have Morelos’s goal stats for the past 2 seasons

Which makes the lack of any bids all the more confusing.

Did anyone bid for wee plooky VL at Celtc before Arsenal paid 25 million for him? I genuinely dont know.

I don't know either, and I can see what you're getting at, but as I've said before, Morelos has made no secret of his desire to play in another league, he's now been linked with what must be dozens of clubs, his worth to the club is defined in almost entirely financial terms and his agent always seems to be touting him for a move. For years now the narrative with Morelos has been that he's going to go at some point and enjoy him while we can. Literally a year ago on here we had pretty much confined ourselves to losing him, and he's still here.

Who gives a %^*& if he's scored against the scum,he drags them all over the place and that leaves space for everyone else to exploit. Make no mistake,the scum are terrified of him,plain and simple!
Agree, you win as a team not an individual

I think, when you refer to Tierney and his medal collection, you need to appreciate that Tierney was playing for a team that had multiple unfair advantages conferred on it by a corrupt Scottish football hierarchy. The 'stacked-deck' which resulted accounted for many of the nine-in-a-row league titles they won - all which should, IMO, be asterisked, along with Tierney's medals.

I think, when you refer to Tierney and his medal collection, you need to appreciate that Tierney was playing for a team that had multiple unfair advantages conferred on it by a corrupt Scottish football hierarchy. The 'stacked-deck' which resulted accounted for many of the nine-in-a-row league titles they won - all which should, IMO, be asterisked, along with Tierney's medals.

You're still not getting it, are you?

A transfer fee is reached when two clubs come to an agreement on the perceived worth of a player's ability. What you've outlined has clearly not inhibited Arsenal's signing of Tierney - or, for that matter, any Celtic player who has found himself going to England in the last four or five seasons.

What you think is utterly irrelevant in this situation. Utterly. You might think Tierney cheated his way to those medals, or do what @Sensiblesteve did and outlined why Morelos is far better than anyone thinks, but until you've found consensus with another club's actions, you're spouting off irrelevant facts on the internet.

Here’s some Alfredo stats

Scored 30 goals last season ....

Scored 29 this season before lockdown that included 14 in Europe, Alfredo broke the Scottish record for number of goals scored before Xmas in Europe, an amazing feat when you consider some of the great strikers that have played in our game for both sides

He hit 6 in the group stages with goals against Porto , Feyenoord and Legia Warsaw
Never in the history of Scottish football has a player been talked down by the media and agenda driven people as Morelos

In comparison Eduardo over at Celtic is a good player only a fool would say otherwise, last season when Morelos was hitting 30 goals he struggled to get a place on the Celtic bench , this season he’s scored 30 goals before lockdown that includes his 3 goals in Europe ( one of them a penalty kick ) , that’s a poor return for a striker widely reported by the same media as being in the £30 million bracket .... really for scoring goals in Scottish football ?

As his stats clearly don’t back it up , if truth be told Morelos has a record over the last 2 seasons Eduardo would love to have

Morelos stats are far superior to Eduardo yet one is been touted for £30 million and one is continually talked down and rubbished

It can only be the colour of Morelos jersey that encourages so many to write like this

I understand Morelos has had his discipline called into question but given the Frenchman shot a passer by with an air rifle when in France he’s hardly a role model either

Facts are important in this context and you’re reporting is slightly skewed.

Morelos played 46 games, scored 29 goals and had 10 assists in all games including European qualifiers in season 2019/20.

Edouard played 45 games, scored 27 goals and had 19 assists in the same season.

Crucially, for me, in the league Edouard played 27 games, scoring 21 goals and had 12 assists.

Morelos played 26 games but could only muster 12 goals and 3 assists. Those stats are shocking when viewed against his massive performances in Europe against the good opposition. It’s why though, likely, edouard is seen as a more consistent level headed dependable player. That’s before we look at discipline records which we all know too well.

None of which are taken into account by selling club, buying club, agents or scouts. The spfl is biased and therefore he’s worth £5M less doesn’t happen, much as we wish it should.

None of which are taken into account by selling club, buying club, agents or scouts. The spfl is biased and therefore he’s worth £5M less doesn’t happen, much as we wish it should.

The hardest thing to do in football is to be able to put the ball into the net consistently, which is why strikers - as opposed to full backs - have always gone for a premium in the transfer market. Why then would you assert than an injury-prone full-back would be worth more than the top goalscorer who plays in the same league? Why would anyone - scout, agent, manager be unduly influenced by the number of medals Tierney has - knowing that the medals were mainly obtained due to a financially hobbled Rangers being unable to compete financially with Tierney's parent club. Don't you think this fact isn't widely known? If anything, it puts an even bigger gloss on Morelos' accomplishments.

The hardest thing to do in football is to be able to put the ball into the net consistently, which is why strikers - as opposed to full backs - have always gone for a premium in the transfer market. Why then would you assert than an injury-prone full-back would be worth more than the top goalscorer who plays in the same league? Why would anyone - scout, agent, manager be unduly influenced by the number of medals Tierney has - knowing that the medals were mainly obtained due to a financially hobbled Rangers being unable to compete financially with Tierney's parent club. Don't you think this fact isn't widely known? If anything, it puts an even bigger gloss on Morelos' accomplishments.
It doesn’t, teams want winners or born winners, tierney, regardless of our circumstance sadly showed that. A compliant press is definitely worth it. Just look at Everton fan chat, forum poke as 55% against signing Morelos various articles cited, there are tons. Tierney? There were known. Perception is a big part and sadly Morelos doesn’t have a good rep

I again totally disagree. When we speak of 'born winners' Tierney doesn't immediately spring to mind. The guy's history of injuries alone places a huge question mark over his future. By the way, did you notice that Arteta subbed him at half time in Saturday's game against Wolves ....by the way, no, he wasn't injured.

As to Morelos, his ultimate valuation would be based on his performances in Europe against decent teams (which have been pretty impressive), as opposed to the dross he faces each week in the SPL.

Do Everton fans really not think he would represent an upgrade over the likes of Tosun, Kean, or Calvert-Lewin? Say it ain't so!!

We are comparing apples with pears here. Morelos is a striker Kiernay a full back. The price Arsenal paid is huge in Scotland yet average in England.

Morelos is a decent player but in common with many other young strikers is not the finished article either as a person or a player. If he stays another season and kicks on as much as he did this season he will make it to the top.

However he is only worth what someone wants to pay for him. The fee will be decided on number of factors. But the key one for me is after January he fell away and that will have reduced his value big time.

Morelos played 46 games, scored 29 goals and had 10 assists in all games including European qualifiers in season 2019/20.

Crucially, for me, in the league Edouard played 27 games, scoring 21 goals and had 12 assists.

Morelos played 26 games but could only muster 12 goals and 3 assists. Those stats are shocking when viewed against his massive performances in Europe against the good opposition. It’s why though, likely, edouard is seen as a more consistent level headed dependable player. That’s before we look at discipline records which we all know too well.

My point was strikers are paid to score goals not assists and I’ve never read that if someone is interested in buying a striker saying he only scored xx but he’s got lots of assists

In Europe where strikers are judged / rated Morelos has a far better record than Eduardo but for some reason he’s valued at £30 million and Morelos is continually talked down with the usual suspects saying he’s only worth £10 million despite having a superior record at home and in Europe over the past 2 seasons

My point was strikers are paid to score goals not assists and I’ve never read that if someone is interested in buying a striker saying he only scored xx but he’s got lots of assists

In Europe where strikers are judged / rated Morelos has a far better record than Eduardo but for some reason he’s valued at £30 million and Morelos is continually talked down with the usual suspects saying he’s only worth £10 million despite having a superior record at home and in Europe over the past 2 seasons
You pay for the full package and I’m sorry, but Morelos isn’t as complete a package as edouard.
Again stat wise, played/goals/ assists over the two years

Morelos - 94/59/21
Edouard - 97/49/27

Comparison of league form on same stats over two years -

Morelos - 53/29/11
Edouard - 55/35/18

It is close, I appreciate that, but with edouard you don’t get the histrionics that sadly we’ve seen with Morelos. Clubs will value that and knock down money based on Morelos temper.

Morelos over 2 seasons, all comps, 24 yellow cards, 4 yellows which have led to reds and 3 straight reds.

Edouard - 3 yellows.

On paper, Edouard gets you bang for buck with far less risk and he’s 2 years younger.

I love Morelos but we need to appreciate as a fanbase when he is likely sold and the price starts with a 2, that the value is at the level.

At this stage it only appears to be the usual suspects in the Scottish media trumpeting overblown figures for Edouard (while typically downplaying Alfie’s worth), but we do need to acknowledge that Celtic have been infuriatingly successful in commanding huge sums for their top talent over the last ten years or so.

A big part of that is down to their winning virtually everything domestically while featuring in Europe every season.

Our players will inevitably suffer in value as a result of our failure to perform likewise, although our European exploits over the past two years will have helped boost our, and by extension our best players’ profile considerably.

However, we can argue that Barisic is a better left back than Tierney therefore should command a higher fee, or that Morelos has outgunned Edouard over the past couple of seasons, but they’re offset by the fact that we haven’t won anything as a club and don’t have a recent history of selling players to the EPL who go on to have successful careers there.

With this in mind it’s unrealistic to expect our top players to command the same sums as the Yahoos - as brutal as it is to admit it, we’re not seen as successful a club as them anymore.

Once we start winning silverware and especially titles we can expect to command bigger fees for our prize assets, but until then I think people need to be a bit more realistic with their evaluations.

I get that stats can almost be twisted to suit any agenda. Edouard is a bloody good player, a more composed finisher than Alfie and someone who has shown he can spot a pass, thats why his figures for last season in SPFL are superior to Alfie's.

However we have, what for me, is a very strange situation. Each and every Scottish football fan would agree that the standard of our game is poor, more so when compared to the more technically gifted Europeans. Last season Alfie broke Scottish goalscoring records playing in Europa League against sides way better than those he faces weekly in SPFL whilst MSM's favourite, French Eddie struggled to score 2 from open play in same competition. So why then are Alfie's goalscoring feats in EL not valued as highly as Edourd's goalscoring feats against Scotland's dross?

It is up to our club to ensure Alfie is not sold cheaply - it is not just the number but the quality of each of the 6 goals he scored in the group stage that screams that the lad is top class.

Back