Everton after Alfredo morelos?

You pay for the full package and I’m sorry, but Morelos isn’t as complete a package as edouard.
Again stat wise, played/goals/ assists over the two years

Morelos - 94/59/21
Edouard - 97/49/27

Comparison of league form on same stats over two years -

Morelos - 53/29/11
Edouard - 55/35/18

It is close, I appreciate that, but with edouard you don’t get the histrionics that sadly we’ve seen with Morelos. Clubs will value that and knock down money based on Morelos temper.

Morelos over 2 seasons, all comps, 24 yellow cards, 4 yellows which have led to reds and 3 straight reds.

Edouard - 3 yellows.

On paper, Edouard gets you bang for buck with far less risk and he’s 2 years younger.

I love Morelos but we need to appreciate as a fanbase when he is likely sold and the price starts with a 2, that the value is at the level.

Interesting reading and there’s not much between them but Are these only league stats ?

And if so do you have the stats for Europe in comparison

I've been watching Serie A highlights since games restarted. I think Alfredo would be sensational in Italy.

You pay for the full package and I’m sorry, but Morelos isn’t as complete a package as edouard.

Morelos - 94/59/21
Edouard - 97/49/27

Morelos - 53/29/11
Edouard - 55/35/18

It is close, I appreciate that, but with edouard you don’t get the histrionics that sadly we’ve seen with Morelos. Clubs will value that and knock down money based on Morelos temper.

Morelos over 2 seasons, all comps, 24 yellow cards, 4 yellows which have led to reds and 3 straight reds.

Edouard - 3 yellows.

On paper, Edouard gets you bang for buck with far less risk and he’s 2 years younger.

I love Morelos but we need to appreciate as a fanbase when he is likely sold and the price starts with a 2, that the value is at the level.

Some say that the stats don’t lie, but if you look a bit deeper you see what utter shite that Alfie was getting sent off for and take into account the shit storm of press attention he got last Christmas. Private investigator, press painting him as having an affair when his wife was pregnant when it was an innocent kiss - that can’t have been easy for him.

I would put a bet on him getting no where near the same amount of reds cards once he moves.

Some say that the stats don’t lie, but if you look a bit deeper you see what utter shite that Alfie was getting sent off for and take into account the shit storm of press attention he got last Christmas. Private investigator, press painting him as having an affair when his wife was pregnant when it was an innocent kiss - that can’t have been easy for him.

I would put a bet on him getting no where near the same amount of reds cards once he moves.
Ogh undoubtedly and he’ll kick on further and quicker when he does. He is THE pantomime villain of Scottish football though arguably does more for charity than any other player and the photos referred to were years old. He needs out this cesspit of a country for his own good.

Morelos - 94/59/21
Edouard - 97/49/27

Morelos - 53/29/11
Edouard - 55/35/18

Edouard - 3 yellows.

what you refer to as 'histrionics' could just as easily be explained away by pointing to the undeniable bias shown to him by SPL referees, and the comparative leniency often shown by them to players wearing green and white hoops. When you attempt a stat-for-stat comparison, you also need to take into account that Edouard plays in a team that is deeper in talent and more 'settled' than Rangers currently are (the reasons for which we all know about), which obviously makes his task as a striker easier. A shrewd scout, aware of the state of Scottish football, would take these factors into account in evaluating the potential of both players.

Do you not think the constant links to clubs that have yet to offer any bids is evidence of a media doing their best to talk him up?

I cannot remember a Rangers player ever having been linked with as many clubs with so few bids - zero, in fact. How do you explain that?
His agent

Which makes the lack of any bids all the more confusing.
While there may have been no concrete bids, I believe there will almost certainly have been discreet interest.

His play -- and I encourage anyone to watch his footage (there is plenty of it around) -- is of a really high quality, physically and technically.

To an EPL club, he's a 20-25m player all day long in my opinion.

Last edited:
what you refer to as 'histrionics' could just as easily be explained away by pointing to the undeniable bias shown to him by SPL referees, and the comparative leniency often shown by them to players wearing green and white hoops. When you attempt a stat-for-stat comparison, you also need to take into account that Edouard plays in a team that is deeper in talent and more 'settled' than Rangers currently are (the reasons for which we all know about), which obviously makes his task as a striker easier. A shrewd scout, aware of the state of Scottish football, would take these factors into account in evaluating the potential of both players.

Not "would". Is. Is!

interesting to note that the "Rangers Protect" ad constantly running on FB always had a pic of Alfie celebrating a goal. All of a sudden iits now a pic of Ianis. Relevant?????????

Some Everton pages claiming that Morelos is available in the region of £12-£15M. Madness.

I’d be gutted if the Club entertained anything south of £20M + clauses.

Seems to me the scottish media and pundits have done there job devaluing our main asset when our fans seem to be fully behind them.......fact is he was top scorer in Europa league before it stopped scoring for fun against some big European teams....if he played for Porto would you all be saying 15mil don't think so......

If he goes and I think it’s more likely than not, then he goes for between £15m - £30m with or without add ons based on current middle order EPL strikers and what the orcs have been getting for injured and average performing players. Is that about right?

I watch with interest to see what really happens.

Some Everton pages claiming that Morelos is available in the region of £12-£15M. Madness.

I’d be gutted if the Club entertained anything south of £20M + clauses.

I think he'll be gone for £15m - unless there's a last minute bidding war.

The player wants away (apparently) and we need money to improve the squad. Had he maintained his form and there was no Covid, £20m would've been easily achieved.

I reckon he's away for 12m.
English transfer window opens Sunday July 26, leaving us next to no time to find a replacememt before the start of the season.

I guess we’ll see over the coming weeks.

I know several lads who walk(ed) the Everton beat for the Echo. Lads like Prenno, Gregg O'Keefe and others who were the day to day reporters and were first with EVERYTHING and they get very, very little from the club now. No one does.

You're dreaming if you think Farhad Moshiri, Marcel Brands and Ancelotti are leaking names and more importantly values to fan pages making them authorities.

I know several lads who walk(ed) the Everton beat for the Echo. Lads like Prenno, Gregg O'Keefe and others who were the day to day reporters and were first with EVERYTHING and they get very, very little from the club now. No one does.

You're dreaming if you think Farhad Moshiri, Marcel Brands and Ancelotti are leaking names and more importantly values to fan pages making them authorities.
I never said the story had any credence, or verified source. It’s a rumour as reliable as the rest of them IMO.

But one thing is for certain, we’ll know what our current valuation is of Morelos in the coming weeks, whether it’s Everton or another Club sniffing around.

I just hope we can maximise any return.

Only 2 players have been sold for more than £13m in Scotland and one of them was because Arsenal are completely mental.

People are building themselves up for a disappointment on the fee we will receive.

Some of the valuations here are mental. The facts, unfortunately for us, speak for themselves and that is why we won’t get the bonkers valuation of £30M. Mcburnie and others were already in that English bubble, Morelos isn’t. Biscuit hips bucked that trend but that was certainly in part due to a media who massively hyped his value. Morelos is the absolute opposite.
Facts wise, Europe including qualifiers, his statistics were good for 19/20.

but, being honest, league games are the bread and butter and they are where you need to demonstrate you can perform week in week out. Regardless of referee performances etc. He only managed 12 goals in 26 games. I can’t recall exactly but I’m sure he went 7/8 league games without scoring. In 3 years he hasn’t scored versus Celtic, that’s a significant issue. His attitude has repeatedly been highly questionable much to the frustration of management. I would love it if he screwed the nut stayed and performed and earned a big money move but the actions, not at tynecastle, late home from approved leave, not adhering to fitness requirements during lockdown, disciplinary issues etc. All impact the value. Is he raw and could he be unbelievable? Yes. Fair value based on recent form? £15-20M with substantial add on. I’d be utterly astounded to see him leave this summer for north of £20M as the facts and figures unfortunately don’t point to that.
You should apply for a job at the Daily Rhebal you would fit right in with Jackson.

What a thread.

Someone actually sat getting Odsonne Edouards stats.

Rather than post the UEFA video that shows ‘this guys hot, left foot right foot header, 5 successive games - Alfredo Morelos’

Last I checked nobody came looking for Adam Rooney or Stevie Kirk or Dougie Arnott based on their SPL league stats.

Attention has well and truly been grabbed by Alfredo, folk claiming hes only worth X because of ‘Hamilton’ arent really relevant.

H
You should apply for a job at the Daily Rhebal you would fit right in with Jackson.
Haha aye that’s right. I await your posts when he goes for that value calling the board all and sundry for not getting £30M cause McBurnie sold for £20M... The reality is had he continued to play well it would have started with a high 2, he didn’t, is the master of his own demise and unfortunately his value has fallen.

Why is this thread still here. There is no offer from Everton what so ever, it’s just people wanting him to stay arguing with people who want him sold.

Spoke to a couple of Everton fans who haven't heard any rumours about this. Said their priorities are centre back, centre mid and wide right. Only likely to sign another forward if they can sell or loan Moise Kean

Only 2 players have been sold for more than £13m in Scotland and one of them was because Arsenal are completely mental.

People are building themselves up for a disappointment on the fee we will receive.

Sadly I think this is closer to the truth than most people will like to admit.

I was actually thinking about this last night during the Arsenal game - Redknapp highlighted Tierney as having a good game - and it struck me that as a club for prospective buyers in the EPL we're completely unpalatable. No one wants to come in for our players. And I don't just mean Morelos - I mean pretty much all of them.

In the past three seasons we've sold Windass for 2.5 million (I seem to remember being told he'd make us big bucks as well) and a smattering of undisclosed, smaller fees for the likes of Garner, Waghorn, Grezda, Candeias, etc. And look at the clubs we're selling to: Wigan, Blackpool, Ipswich, SJK, Bolton, Genclerbirlgi. The vast majority of our players are leaving Rangers to go to Championship teams for fairly small fees.

Meanwhile, the players in the team who should be of interest to more prestigious teams just don't seem to be on their radar. Tavernier's been at Rangers five or six years now. Goldson doesn't seem to interest anyone down south. Barisic, but it's only got one good season underneath him, which is fair enough. Ryan Jack is our established centre midfield. Nothing.

When Rangers players leave for big fees it's usually because English teams take a gamble based them playing really well over a short period of time: Hutton (six months), Boumsong, (six months), Cuellar (12 months), Jelavic (year and a half). These reactive transfers just haven't happened anymore.

There's clearly a lot of issues at play here - we're still on a rebuilding programme, haven't came close to seriously challenging for the league, haven't won a cup, the players that we have sold haven't exactly slipped through the net, so to speak (McKay and Macleod, anyone?). Someone said earlier that players don't sign players because they don't have medals. I'm not entirely sure that's the case.

It's a shame for Morelos, but the lack of real, substantial interest in him is a reflection of wider football's disinterest in the Rangers team at large. Success is probably the only way to change that, and it's probably an indication of how much work as a club we still need to do.

Can't see anything in this one. Ancelotti seems to rate Calvert-Lewin highly so it's unlikely they'd spend what we're after to sit Morelos on the bench.

What a thread.

Someone actually sat getting Odsonne Edouards stats.

Rather than post the UEFA video that shows ‘this guys hot, left foot right foot header, 5 successive games - Alfredo Morelos’

Last I checked nobody came looking for Adam Rooney or Stevie Kirk or Dougie Arnott based on their SPL league stats.

Attention has well and truly been grabbed by Alfredo, folk claiming hes only worth X because of ‘Hamilton’ arent really relevant.

He really was sensational July - December last season.

It's incredible that we didn't attract some bids for him in January in all honesty.

Alfie is still a raw talent. Unplayable one game, shite the next. If he had screwed the nut more we should be looking at £30m minimum. I’d want £25m but would be happy at £20m.
He has a helluva a lot more of a track record than someone like £20m Solanke. Scored a barrowload domestically and in Europe, plus he's a full international. He's not that raw and he's only going to get better. I'd also be happy with £20m in the current climate, but with significant add-ons and a sell on percentage.

He has a helluva a lot more of a track record than someone like £20m Solanke. Scored a barrowload domestically and in Europe, plus he's a full international. He's not that raw and he's only going to get better. I'd also be happy with £20m in the current climate, but with significant add-ons and a sell on percentage.
Perhaps I should have said “massive as yet untapped potential” rather than raw. At times, he is quite simply unplayable.

I reckon he's away for 12m.
English transfer window opens Sunday July 26, leaving us next to no time to find a replacememt before the start of the season.
He can sign though, just not play.
I was more of the thinking that this rumour being weeks old with no movement means he's not going.
I also see Rennes paid £18m for a backup striker from Lyon with a massive 17 goals in 77 games in all competitions. Not sure why why Alfredo is clearly undervalued by our fans

Stewart Robertson said he wanted the same money as Dembele which I believe was 20mill. He would look pretty weak to sell him for less now.

He can sign though, just not play.
I was more of the thinking that this rumour being weeks old with no movement means he's not going.
I also see Rennes paid £18m for a backup striker from Lyon with a massive 17 goals in 77 games in all competitions. Not sure why why Alfredo is clearly undervalued by our fans
He has his flaws. But if he didnt he'd have left us a long time ago. I dont think his impact in the Europa league games against some decent opposition should be understated.

We complain when the media talk up Scum players, yet we as a support can't even talk up our own.

Too many folk looking at what Alfie can't do rather than what he can do.

He scores goals against high standard European opposition, rag dolls just about every defence he's come up against, and is the focal point of our entire attack. He's only 24, rarely injured and highly likely to improve further over the next few years.

If that's not worth £20m+ in today's inflated transfer markets then I don't know what is.

He has his flaws. But if he didnt he'd have left us a long time ago. I dont think his impact in the Europa league games against some decent opposition should be understated.
I agree mate and I also think at that level you will have part of team talks solely about him and how to stop him. He will be talked about by players and coaches at a top level

Fact is Alfie is worth more that 15 million to us. His contribution in Europe gets us that money. We have been raising his wages consistently to raise his price. He broke records in European football and did it against top European opposition. He is a full Colombian international.

Back