Everton announce record losses of £111.8m for year to June 2019

Everton are well financed.

It's no different than DK keeping our lights on.

Only they've a 100 million plus TV money every year.

could you argue that even with them having deep pockets its still unsustainable if they carry on this way for a couple more years?

still got the stadium to pay for, pay offs for silva no real top class players that they will make a profit on, i think its dangerous for everton at the minute

No chance that will happen anytime soon. If anything when the next TV deals are done it will dwarf anything signed before. Amazon, Disney and other streaming platforms fighting it out for the rights.

The risks that the Evertons of that league run though is a top tier European breakaway that say the top six or seven in England join and the rest are cast away. The arse would fall out of the English game at that point as the tv deals follow the ‘big’ clubs.

Doesn’t look imminent, but you never know with these billionaire cabals running the game at the elite level now. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it happening in the next say ten to fifteen years or so.

The risks that the Evertons of that league run though is a top tier European breakaway that say the top six or seven in England join and the rest are cast away. The arse would fall out of the English game at that point as the tv deals follow the ‘big’ clubs.

Doesn’t look imminent, but you never know with these billionaire cabals running the game at the elite level now. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it happening in the next say ten to fifteen years or so.

as you say the dangers for the EPL and the EFL IS this threat of a breakaway European League, where only the largest countries major clubs where invited...

it would destroy English football if say all the top 6 or 7 left

Back