Everton New Stadium Given The Ok

Most other clubs are tightening the purse strings, makes you wonder what sort of deal they've got

Well, they’d want to be sure global warming isn’t a factor :))

Another thought is that there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of space for parking around it? Is there another site they’re looking at across the road? It’s not exactly obvious on Google Earth/Maps.

Saying that, there’s not much parking immediately beside Goodison either.

I would have thought car parking arrangements, park-and-ride, or public transport options would have to be taken care of in the proposal. That is one deadly road for crowds of pedestrians to navigate.

With a bit of sense Belfast could have had a decent stadium for Norn Iron in the 'Titanic Quarter' about a decade and a half ago when the old Queens Island was starting to get redeveloped, that could have looked similar to that.
But no, we're stuck with a diddy wee joke of a stadium where the disabled section is the the top tier of the main stand.

Stadium looks fantastic. Look forward to going to it in the future.
Assuming by your user name you're a fan. What's the feelings on this with the Everton support? Would they not have preferred to try and do similar as Liverpool have with Anfield? Or was that simply not possible?

The Green Party aren't happy, there's a surprise. Can anyone expand on English Heritage's objections, as far as I'm aware the new stadium is bringing life to an area that could be doing with it?

The stadium looks impressive and it's going to have a better Kop than Anfield.

It's nice to have sentiment but when I visited I felt Goodison was one of the poorer PL grounds.

Quite like the new design as well, looks to have a bit of character.

Goodison park looks like an absolute dump from the pictures I’ve seen and it’s most definitely holding Everton back in terms of trying to progress

New stadium looks good

Unless any of them have a standing section they are all nigh on the same now really. Few more bars etc but nothing like Football Stadiums once were. More leg room is about as good as they get all in all.

Assuming by your user name you're a fan. What's the feelings on this with the Everton support? Would they not have preferred to try and do similar as Liverpool have with Anfield? Or was that simply not possible?

Goodison is hemmed in by terraced houses though there are sites that I think would have been better than Bramley Moore Docks.

I wonder what will become of the space left by Goodison.

My uncle is a season ticket holder and he seems quite happy with it. The location is really good. That was always the main worry. I think most will realise it’s a smart move as Goodson needs a lot of work. Will be sad though.

Goodison is hemmed in by terraced houses though there are sites that I think would have been better than Bramley Moore Docks.

I wonder what will become of the space left by Goodison.
Goodison legacy project in 1 of the links on this thread. Looks like flats from the pictures didn't read the plan.

Are Everton not in a financial mess, even allowing for rich owners? I saw a stat recently that they are one of the biggest financial losers over the last 10 years.

So many houses there already. Doesnt sound like a good idea.
Everton are well aware of their historic legacy and are intent on leaving behind a fitting reminder for the community, of their long association with the area around Goodison.

Are Everton not in a financial mess, even allowing for rich owners? I saw a stat recently that they are one of the biggest financial losers over the last 10 years.
Alisher Usmanov is their financial backer. His fortune dwarfs that of Abramovic. Arsenal could have had that behind them as he had 40% of the shares there but their Board would not allow him on the Board so he sold up for £500M and is supporting his best friend Moshiri who owns Everton.

I like what Liverpool are trying to do as a city.

Seem a little more progressive than Glasgow when it comes to regeneration of areas.

Stadium looks great.

A city that embraces and supports its football clubs. Treats them like the heartbeat of the city that they are and promotes them both to tourists and investors in the city. Meanwhile in Glasgow ............

Probably a good idea to build Evertons fanbase aswell. So many tourists/visitors in Liverpool, so building a stadium on the Docks should help improve their visibilty in the city.

Everton are well aware of their historic legacy and are intent on leaving behind a fitting reminder for the community, of their long association with the area around Goodison.

I did the same thing with my first wife. I left her the kids.

A city that embraces and supports its football clubs. Treats them like the heartbeat of the city that they are and promotes them both to tourists and investors in the city. Meanwhile in Glasgow ............

Meanwhile in Glasgow they promote Celtic.

Stadium half surrounded by water ? How's that going to work with 52,000 capacity ? You know what it's like on every road within a mile of Ibrox in all directions.

Stadium half surrounded by water ? How's that going to work with 52,000 capacity ? You know what it's like on every road within a mile of Ibrox in all directions.
Can see a few people having a swim if theres any fights :))

A very good point. Turn left and you head towards Bootle and Sefton. Turn right back along the Dockside to the Strand is manic without 50k fans heading that way. Only other way is up Leeds St towards the tunnel.
They have a park and ride for Goodison but I think this new ground will see gridlock traffic wise long after the game.

Back