Every team goes through rough spells

SpainLoyal4567

Sundays result is nothing more than a bump in the road, for the most of January we haven't been at our best but lets look at the positives, through to the next round of the cup and a win at Ibrox against St Mirren, tomorrow i expect us to bounce back like we always do, the scum will have a much harder run of games than us in the coming weeks!

I hope you're right.

Onviouslt what happened this time last year is fresh in folks' minds and the chance to stop them getting 10 doesn't have much time left.

I do think the despair and desperation is understandable.

Sundays result is nothing more than a bump in the road, for the most of January we haven't been at our best but lets look at the positives, through to the next round of the cup and a win at Ibrox against St Mirren, tomorrow i expect us to bounce back like we always do, the scum will have a much harder run of games than us in the coming weeks!
It’s only a bump if we react in the correct manner

We seem to be a better team when we are chasing them i fully expect us to be top when we hump them on march 15.

I hope you're right.

Onviouslt what happened this time last year is fresh in folks' minds and the chance to stop them getting 10 doesn't have much time left.

I do think the despair and desperation is understandable.
How many of those titles were won when we were competing? lets face it, chocolate titles...

3 points against county will get us back on track. The press go on about a 5 point gap to try and make our defeat to hearts seem like our season is over but they never mention we have a game in hand

People going on about the similarity to last season. There is a big difference we lost to killie AND they had a game in hand so we were effectively 6 points behind. The league is still in our own hands. There is little room now for error but people need to calm down. Before sunday we had last lost a league game nearly 5 months ago. Go on the same run again we will be fine

Its hardly a rough spell but it is concerning when we come back from these winter breaks and we don't hit top gear right away.

It's not the dropping of points that concerns me - it's the timing of it every year when we look like we are gaining a head of steam, work hard to gain the advantage and then can't keep a hold of it for any length of time.

A pisser for sure, but no biggie for me. I've every confidence we'll get back on song and beat Celtic in the remaining games against them. Easy peasy poo.

I like the optimism, its so out of place on FollowFollow though ? lol

My issue is we are far more likely to drop points against the dross in the league than they are. Coupled with the fact that we seem to be the only team capable of beating them it's going to be a tough run in. I understand we shouldn't have to rely on other teams taking points off them but the reality is we do. We need the dross to up their game against them as they do with us.

All successful teams drop points. The measure now is to see how the team and management respond to the setback, and hopefully get a convincing win tomorrow.

Our rough spell is only in the eyes of the lunatic fringe on here.

Sunday was a poor performance, but our team has been on an incredible run in the league and are more than capable of going on another.

Every team goes through rough spells...

We’ve just come off 7 years of rough spell. We now want better and Sunday wasn’t it. Indeed, this year hasn’t been it.

Time to lift the troops.

Unfortunately in our two horse tin pot league , a “ rough spell” or whatever you want to call it , can cost you the title . Losing a game to the bottom side IS a disaster , despite what many may try and tell you .

And despite people saying calm down etc , the reason people are going off on one is because most of us realise it. Taking one point from 6 at the team bottom of the league doesn’t augur well at all .

For us to have any chance whatsoever we need to now win 6 or so on the bounce and see where we sit . We can’t afford any more slip ups because the yahoo will continue to rack up their big standard wins with help of course but nevertheless 2 and 3 nil wins with no bookings or drama.

In a normal league you can usually see teams dropping points here and there especially away from home, so the chance of making up some ground is always there . However we don’t play in a normal league . We need to go on a run similar to Liverpool to win the title whether it’s this season or next .

It's hardly a rough spell we have lost one match and people are going mental.

That's how it works on here though...

Beat Celtic and according to some we're the best team in the world. Lose against Hearts and we'll be lucky to finish top 6.

That's how it works on here though...

Beat Celtic and according to some we're the best team in the world. Lose against Hearts and we'll be lucky to finish top 6.

It's the same people too that change their mind so often. Can easily tell the ones who know nothing about the game. Usually the loudest ones.

Well, we haven't played well 3 games in a row.

We have several key players out...Morelos, Jack, Tav, Stewart

I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to be concerned, we need to show serious signs of improvement and quickly.

Unfortunately, we've slipped up 1st after the winter break which will motivate Celtic to maintain the gap.

It's crucial that we don't lose anymore ground. Let's hope that they go through a 'rough spell'.

Not a Bump ,,, a massive crater . Basically the win at piggery was pissed up against the wall ,!. We drew there in October and the players knew what to expect . Same as against the sheep. Had we won these games we’d be home and dry . I’m raging . Players half arsed all game and then go mental for last five mins . Not good enough

Well, we haven't played well 3 games in a row.

We have several key players out...Morelos, Jack, Tav, Stewart

I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to be concerned, we need to show serious signs of improvement and quickly.

Unfortunately, we've slipped up 1st after the winter break which will motivate Celtic to maintain the gap.

It's crucial that we don't lose anymore ground. Let's hope that they go through a 'rough spell'.

We have progressed in the cup and won a home league match.

We lost one match.

If we lose or drop points tomorrow I'd agree it's a rough patch. This isn't.

Not a Bump ,,, a massive crater . Basically the win at piggery was pissed up against the wall ,!. We drew there in October and the players knew what to expect . Same as against the sheep. Had we won these games we’d be home and dry . I’m raging . Players half arsed all game and then go mental for last five mins . Not good enough

No it wasn't pissed up the wall.

If we didn't win that match we would now be 8 points behind and not 5, so it literally isn't pointless.

Unfortunately in our two horse tin pot league , a “ rough spell” or whatever you want to call it , can cost you the title . Losing a game to the bottom side IS a disaster , despite what many may try and tell you .

And despite people saying calm down etc , the reason people are going off on one is because most of us realise it. Taking one point from 6 at the team bottom of the league doesn’t augur well at all .

For us to have any chance whatsoever we need to now win 6 or so on the bounce and see where we sit . We can’t afford any more slip ups because the yahoo will continue to rack up their big standard wins with help of course but nevertheless 2 and 3 nil wins with no bookings or drama.

In a normal league you can usually see teams dropping points here and there especially away from home, so the chance of making up some ground is always there . However we don’t play in a normal league . We need to go on a run similar to Liverpool to win the title whether it’s this season or next .
A disaster? Come on mate. Get a grip.

Was just about to post the same. The reaction on here is exactly what we rip the utter pish out of the mentally challengeds for. I'm amazed we dont have a FF version of Kerryfail by now.

Rough spell? We'd won our 7 games leading up to that and it's our first defeat away from home all season.

We lost. All we can do is get back up and get on with the job in hand. That mob will drop points and we have it in us to win the next 2 OF games.

I still firmly believe that we'll be lifting 55 in May.

The hysteria on here is unbelievable at times. The league is far from over. Yes, it was a bad performance and we’re all gutted but I still have belief in this team, especially as we start to get over suspensions/injuries.

keep the faith bears. It’s still within our grasp.

Rough spell? We'd won our 7 games leading up to that and it's our first defeat away from home all season.

We lost. All we can do is get back up and get on with the job in hand. That mob will drop points and we have it in us to win the next 2 OF games.

I still firmly believe that we'll be lifting 55 in May.
Totally agree mate. I think people are forgetting that it’s still in our hands. There are still 2 old firm games left ffs!

Two things stand out for me.

One, we’ve given them back the initiative exactly two league games after we established it

Two, on more than 1 occasion last season we again had the initiative and quickly gave it up.

The league is everything this season, there are no consolation prizes

Of all the years I followed Rangers I've never taken a trip to Hertz for granted,I thought we would win on Sunday but we didn't it was a kick in the teeth but not the end of the world or a title decider,So onto tomorrow night scarf on up to the game an we'll put another 3 points on the board.

The hysteria on here is unbelievable at times. The league is far from over. Yes, it was a bad performance and we’re all gutted but I still have belief in this team, especially as we start to get over suspensions/injuries.

keep the faith bears. It’s still within our grasp.

Every title winning team we've had in recent years have lost games.

Hearts might be bottom right now but I think most would agree that's a false position for them, especially based on their squad on Sunday.

Every title winning team we've had in recent years have lost games.

Hearts might be bottom right now but I think most would agree that's a false position for them, especially based on their squad on Sunday.
Totally agree mate. Stendel really looks like he’s turned them around.

this place is absolutely mental after a defeat sometimes with people just accepting we’ve thrown it away. Obviously we’ve made it harder for ourselves but it’s certainly not finished.

Two things stand out for me.

One, we’ve given them back the initiative exactly two league games after we established it

Two, on more than 1 occasion last season we again had the initiative and quickly gave it up.

The league is everything this season, there are no consolation prizes
You make a fair point , it's not the losing of the game , it's the context surrounding the loss.

I usually make a point of not posting for a while after such defeats , I didn't do that on Sunday and was perhaps a bit harsh in some of my criticism but there are question marks over our ability to capitalise on an advantage , that's just a fact.

We have progressed in the cup and won a home league match.

We lost one match.

If we lose or drop points tomorrow I'd agree it's a rough patch. This isn't.

I totally hear what you're saying, I'm not losing my shit like others are on here are.

However, when you look at how we'd played up until now and with the injuries and suspensions we've got, it's certainly a testing period.

We've dropped 3 points against the bottom side following 2 lacklustre displays. The manner in which we shat it at Tyncastle is particularly worrying given what happened this time last year.

Yes, if we are pragmatic about it we can look at it as a blip. But there were signs there before the weekend and I really hope it's a kick up the arse for this squad.

I can't see SG letting performances like that continue - I think we'll see a proper bounce back against Ross County tomorrow. We're 5 points behind, with a game in hand. It's hardly the end of the world

Back