Everyone calling for the Sun to be banned from Ibrox (genuine question)

What are we hoping to be achieved in reality?

I've been thinking about this over the last week, and tbh I don't see the benefit (Fully aware could be missing a trick here).

For me banning them from Ibrox is just going to exacerbate the hatred between the two parties even more and further intensify the bad blood / bad reports and multiply the articles that so thoroughly enrage us?

So what's the point? I feel like we're not going to achieve anything going down this route.

I'm wondering if taking a more tactful behind the scene approach and starting to fight a little more clever is the route to go down?

I use BBC as a reference, and I just don't see where we have benefited from that whole escapade?

I dunno, i'm maybe talking mince and just f'ng them out of Ibrox is the best thing, but I just can'thelp shake the feeling it's a little short sighted and fuelled entirely by emotion.

For me there is absolutely no doubt, and I mean NO DOUBTS, that Celtic have got a firm hold of the media (or the majority of them) behind the scenes and are basically using them at their will for PR, and in that regards, if we're very honest with ourselves,they can only benefit from.

I'm almost entirely sure that Celtic have give the instruction to drive Morelos out of this country by any means necessary. I know that sounds like whacky talk, but those who know how the real world works knows that this is a dirty underhanded trick that is fully feasible.

So I ask - what can we do more intelligently to either equal the balance or certainly reduce it's negative effect on our club?
They are banned from Liverpools ground are they not? Has not harmed Liverpool in any way

I've been thinking about this over the last week, and tbh I don't see the benefit (Fully aware could be missing a trick here).

For me banning them from Ibrox is just going to exacerbate the hatred between the two parties even more and further intensify the bad blood / bad reports and multiply the articles that so thoroughly enrage us?

So what's the point? I feel like we're not going to achieve anything going down this route.

I'm wondering if taking a more tactful behind the scene approach and starting to fight a little more clever is the route to go down?

I use BBC as a reference, and I just don't see where we have benefited from that whole escapade?

I dunno, i'm maybe talking mince and just f'ng them out of Ibrox is the best thing, but I just can'thelp shake the feeling it's a little short sighted and fuelled entirely by emotion.

For me there is absolutely no doubt, and I mean NO DOUBTS, that Celtic have got a firm hold of the media (or the majority of them) behind the scenes and are basically using them at their will for PR, and in that regards, if we're very honest with ourselves,they can only benefit from.

I'm almost entirely sure that Celtic have give the instruction to drive Morelos out of this country by any means necessary. I know that sounds like whacky talk, but those who know how the real world works knows that this is a dirty underhanded trick that is fully feasible.

So I ask - what can we do more intelligently to either equal the balance or certainly reduce it's negative effect on our club?

Take their press passes away meaning that if they want to report on our matches they need to pay to get in and sit beside the fans they attack...

They are banned from Liverpools ground are they not? Has not harmed Liverpool in any way

It hasn’t harmed Liverpool and it wouldn’t harm Rangers. That’s not the issue. Has it changed the way The Sun report on Liverpool? If not, then it’s not achieved anything of substance. Surely the goal is to have the media reporting ‘fairly’? A ban is only worthwhile if it helps achieve that,

It hasn’t harmed Liverpool and it wouldn’t harm Rangers. That’s not the issue. Has it changed the way The Sun report on Liverpool? If not, then it’s not achieved anything of substance. Surely the goal is to have the media reporting ‘fairly’? A ban is only worthwhile if it helps achieve that,
It's probably made others think twice about the way they report about Liverpool although it's impossible to know to what extent.

Currently while they have access/accreditation:

Blatant hypocrisy along with antagonistic themes in their reporting.

Xenophobic/racist attacks condoned at an editorial level.

None of our support admit to reading/purchasing anyway.

Base level, populist journalism from front to back.

I see no benefit in allowing them across our threshold any longer.

Just this week a family member was bad mouthing me. Fine, I know that she'll need me before I need her. She is now an irelevance who is no longer welcome in my life. We should be taking a similar stance with the gutter press.

being treated unfairly , unbalance reporting, continually under valuing our players, I would say the Sun played a big role in them getting 25 million for the broken biscuit

Celtic banned Hugh Keevans back in the day, cant we just ban the journo and tell the paper to send somebody else.

For clarity its also the current position with the BBC - Rangers have never banned them - just removed press privileges from a particular reporter.

Our club need to start fighting them and showing we have genuinely had enough of this sh*t!.
Fans as well can do their bit and completely blank them. I would like to see follow follow, absolutely ignore everything the print.
Speak out Rangers ffs, we the fans are sick of it.

I agree with a lot of what you say but I would be happy to ban Leckie as a show of support towards Morelos

'I'm wondering if taking a more tactful behind the scene approach and starting to fight a little more clever is the route to go down?'

Yeah, because that has just served us so well. The Sun should have been served with a ban immediately after that article went to print. As mentioned above, it is a matter of principle. Our board are weaker than hen's piss when it comes to this stuff though so the Sun and their pondlife reporters will continue to have free reign to personally attack any of our players for as long as they want. Unless the target of one of their diatribes sits on the board of course, then we'll see some action.

Agree, a ban should've been put in place until an apology was issued. Goodness they have been all over us with their lies and disrespect for far too long now and it will not stop, until our board make it.......

We don't need them

Tell lies, or print shite about us.

You're banned. (It's really that simple)
Yeah, couldn't agree more. If that principle was applied consistently by the club against every individual and organisation or media outlet that chooses to spout pish about us, it would stop very quickly.

Last straw for me.

I never want to see another Sun article as long as I live and will celebrate the day they disappear.

Likewise mate, I dont buy the Sun or read online. Have been the same with the Record for years. Dont miss either. They will just write crap anyway as the aim is sell papers, cause discussion and scandal to make profits. Never forget their attitude re Hillsborough. Rags

I don’t give a f88k what the Sun prints. It’s a dying medium and no one with a brain takes them remotely serious.
People on here are just too thin skinned about what papers print these days.

Don’t buy it, don’t read it.

We should give the media the minimum needed.
Put everything out through our own media.

It should be a privilege for any of the media to be allowed into Ibrox at all.

I'd prefer we took a firm line with all media sources. One lie and you're publication is out until you prove yourself by going at least a year without telling any lies. Three strikes and you're done for good.

They'd soon fall into line when they realise we mean business.

We don't need them. They do absolutely nothing but cause us grief. It'a a completely one-sided relationship, similar to that of a woman who stays with a narcissistic husband that beats her up.

Do we benefit from ticket sales, advertising, merchandise sales because of the media? No. If anything, it makes these things worse by constantly denigrating us.

and who does not work for bbc scotland now either.

This is a very important point that is missed. The person Rangers removes press privileges from is now highly unlikely to need them. So why does BBC Scotland continue to exclude Rangers from their coverage? What is their excuse? There is none, other than the fact that they are being instructed to minimise media exposure of our club which in turn has effect on sponsorship revenue.

I admired Liverpool FC for taking the stance they took, the benefit of that was thousands and thousands of their fans simply won't buy the paper, brilliant.
I'd be delighted if Rangers went down that road, it would make thousands of our fans do the same.
Hit them in the pocket, ban the rhats.
As a support we have to stop buying the rag,forget the club,LFC never gave the fans a directive to stop buying The Sun,the fans took the initiative to do it themselves. We have to do likewise,then,RFC may follow suit.

Some newsagents wont stock The Sun in Liverpool,nobody will buy it,if you take the newspaper to work your asking for agro,somebody will rip it and bin it.
Stop buying the fekn rag,enmasse.

Same... I really don't understand why anyone would want to buy the sun or the record.. Full of absolute drivel.
It really is. 99% of it is all made up crap. I’m surprised it’s still going big time, few years and hopefully they’ll do away with it

Back