Everyone needs to simmer down.

That second half was absolutely pathetic. First half wasn’t exactly vintage either. We were pish against Dundee Utd before that and hearts had plenty of joy the game before that. The developing theme is extremely unwelcome and not conducive to maintaining 4 point leads…

Simmer down? Effin simmer down? I've been looking for something to vent ma spleen at and being told to simmer down has done the trick. Nah, come May, we'll look back on this result as a wee hiccup, a wee blip on the way. Can't play fluent flowing football every game and sometimes you need a game like this, when you deserved f all, but get a point to, just get it out the system. Onwards and upwards. Let the others come after us, we welcome the chase
Moaning about simmer down then saying you welcome the chase?. Make your mind up

I get the frustration that comes with a poor performance, but that was a game-changing decision by Clancy to award a penalty to Aberdeen after Barisic was clearly fouled. Folk are right to be angry about that shocker from the ref. It ensured that we dropped 2 points.

That’s a different thing entirely from what’s being discussed in this thread. We are discussing the over reaction to the team performance not what Clancy did. There’s plenty separate threads on him.

I've come on FF and it's thread after thread shitting themselves. Ask yourself, would you rather go into the second half 4 points ahead or be in their position?

Grow a pair!
Fact is , had we not chucked it against the sheep twice we would be 8 points clear , and knowing a win at the piggery would basically end the league . As it stands all the good work , is blown again

I think some fans feel we were let off the hook away to Hibs and Hearts and this has been coming. I find the “nothing to see here” crowd as annoying as the OTT negativity tbh. Also the points difference now really is naff all.

Fact is , had we not chucked it against the sheep twice we would be 8 points clear , and knowing a win at the piggery would basically end the league . As it stands all the good work , is blown again
We never chucked anything mate. They were better especially in the second half. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar. Its what counts over a season.

That’s a different thing entirely from what’s being discussed in this thread. We are discussing the over reaction to the team performance not what Clancy did. There’s plenty separate threads on him.

In the end, it doesn't really matter how we played, we were a goal up, then dropped points due to a cheating decision from Clancy. Both cannot be separated.

No. The best days in my life were Kilmarnock, dunfermline and helicopter Sunday. All of them were what they were because of the drama. Without that d it would have meant nothing. Grow a pair.
In your opinion.
Which you are quite entitled to.By the way.
Which I fully respect.

Aren't other people entitled to theirs?

They've never experienced Kilmarnock, helicopter Sunday or Dunfermline. These days make it real
Wanna bet?

Throw in Aberdeen at Ibrox 91/92 season as well.
Sir Walter's first championship.

Also throw in Rangers championship win at Easter Rd '75 season, with that Colin Stein header, which stopped them winning 10.
The first time.

Ukrainians with a huge sigh of relief that the FF Division wont be in the trenches with them in the near future.
Think last season has ruined some people and they think we should be strolling the league again. Sadly that isnt how football works. We cant be great all the time. Yes its frustrating but it is what it is.
Some of the best days following Rangers have been last day title wins or winning league with a game of two to go. Thankfully the likes of Hateley, Gough, McCann, Andrews, Arteta, Novo, Weir, Lafferty et al had the minerals that so many on here seem to be lacking.
Remember...
'Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts' Winston S Churchill

Don't think anyone is shitting themselves, but did you watch that performance?
No team in any league in the world is brilliant in every game and don't have an off day or drop points. We've been on a run under Gio and this was always going to happen eventually. It's called a title challenge cos both teams drop points on the way mate. The players we had out never helped either. Take it on the chin and move on to the next game. It happens.

I agree with the OP. OK it was a dire performance from us, aided and abetted by a cheat of a referee, but we still managed a point, and could have sneaked all three, and that with several key players missing, I’m not panicking yet.

I've come on FF and it's thread after thread shitting themselves. Ask yourself, would you rather go into the second half 4 points ahead or be in their position?

Grow a pair!

That performance tonight is giving me the Heebie Jeebies……

We were a fu(kin shambles…..

One defeat in 59 league matches........yeah we are shite.

Hardest away fixture outwith the obvious. A team that raise their game to ridiculous levels (which in itself shows how much of a horrible club they are)

In all seriousness dropping point's is never great, we strive to win them all and that mentality will never change, and it shouldn't. We have navigated a Banana skin fixture and slipped but not fallen on our arses like say against a bunch of St Mirren kids (for perspective)

It's done, we move on and focus on picking up 3 points next league match.

Gio is still undefeated and we are still top of the league. We are a level ahead of that bastardised team and no amount of interference will stop that showing at the end of the season.

We hardly had a shot against a team with McCrorie and Bates at CB (again)

A 36 year old who is finished ran the game

Performance is a worry. Your lying if you think not
But if you dare show concern at our gutless approach to that match you're not a true fan and are shitting yourself apparently.

The worry for me is that there is a pattern emerging. Last night was poor and we were lucky to get the point. Against hibs at Easter road we were lucky to get the win, we certainly didn’t do enough in that game to deserve a win. Against hearts I think we played better than we did against hibs and Aberdeen but there was a lack of control and we were allowed to be bombarded for long periods.

You could have written many of the posts before the game started. Anything other than a win and at least eight of the starting eleven will get personal criticism, managers tactics will get it, referee will be a cheat and the TV presenters wold be anti-Rangers. It was a certainty that a win would see James Sands heralded as a great find, anything else would see the signing getting questioned.

No point In getting annoyed, it happened before Internet forums with people on supporters buses and in the pub. Just a different way of venting their disappointment. Football is a chaotic game with probably 30 people at different times all making split second decisions that can influence the result. If it was as simple as the best team winning every game nobody would watch it.

Ref was mince

We were under strength with players missing

Player making ins debut in new league

First game after a period off away from home v a side considered our second hardest game of the season

Much stronger rangers sides have lost points up there.

Take the knock on the chin and move on .

would like a few new bodies in now mind you - lets hope it gives board a kick up the arse .

A lot at stake this year

The way I see it is, dropped points are inevitable. Aberdeen away is traditionally one of our toughest games. You're better dropping points where it is expected rather than an unexpected one.

We need to bounce back and win the next 2 games, get the momentum going ahead of the piggery then try and get a result there. If we are still 4 ahead after that game then we will be in a decent position.
Entirely agreed - it’s never good news to drop points but Aberdeen away is somewhere that you can imagine it might happen over a season.

The concern I have is that our midfield is fragile once you don’t have Davis & Aribo pulling the strings.. and there’s a chance that neither will be here next season.
I’m a massive fan of Hagi, and I recognise that he scored our goal on the end of a great move, but he needs to find more ways to be effective on the field.

This team needs to kick on now. 5 league games to take us to mid-Feb - barring Celtic having a nightmare then we need close to maximum points in this set of games.

We played a team last night who’s only aim was to kick us up and down the park and Clancy let them away with it. We conceded a penalty, which happens and we draw. We could be more prepared for such a fight but balanced between the ref giving us %^*& all and falling for everything they did and it’s a good result. Perspective is what’s needed.

Grow a pair!
We went into the 2nd half of the season 6 ahead and now its 4, again it's not the result, it's the performance that's worrying. That's Hibs away and Aberdeen away we have been absolutely dreadful, throw Dundee utd at home into the mix that's a worry that we should all be concerned about

We really must throw the dice and go and get 2 starters for midfield and right forward plus sign John Souttar imo to get this league wrapped up

Dropped points happen, so do poor performances.

That last night was dreadful. You can discuss that. Right from the word go you could tell we were in for a long night. Typical Rangers performances after an extended break.

Don't think anyone is shitting themselves, but did you watch that performance?
I think what was evident was we really need a couple of attacking midfielders. It didn't surprise me that Clancy would give a penalty or send someone off,he did both and as off it as we were,that referee really needs reported,clearly he has an agenda and I wish Rangers would challenge the standard of refereeing at a higher level,because the gaffer can't really say very much or Tav because they'd be hauled up before the authorities,that in itself raises suspicions. I'm relieved to take a point,given how poor we played. As far as Brown is concerned the Rangers players should be a lot more savvy in regards what he gets up to. That simulation should be a sending off offence as clearly that's the objective. Still four clear and knowing we can play a lot better keeps me hopeful. Onwards and upwards.

It’s a bad performance, no more no less. Nothing to be worried about, particularly given the players missing and the run of form we’ve just come off of. We always get a game up there. We should be good enough to beat them but take the point and run after a performance like that.

4 points clear of a team who aren’t exactly world beaters. A bit of time in the window and we historically pull something out of the bag late on after a poor result(Hagi & Kamberi 2 years ago, Kent after the Old Firm earlier that season). We’ll be fine,
We weren’t fine when we couldn’t beat them at Ibrox earlier in season. We lack strength especially in midfield, too easily bullied off the ball.

Dropped points happen, so do poor performances.

That last night was dreadful. You can discuss that. Right from the word go you could tell we were in for a long night. Typical Rangers performances after an extended break.
I agree - That was most confident I've felt going to Aberdeen in a while too.

Criticism of the manager and tactics is OK, so is digging out individuals that were poor. The ref also played his part.

What is ridiculous is the scrotum stretching and howling that everything is all of a sudden shit.

It’s normal after a bad result. It will never change. There was a similar reaction, worse in fact, last season after the St Mirren and St Johnstone cup exits despite the fact we were cantering the league.

At the end of the day we played badly but are still undefeated under Gio and four points clear. We still have the chance to improve to seven points clear on February 2nd.
The concern is more about how badly we played rather than the result itself.

As a barometer for the rest of the season it wouldn’t be good. We were dreadful at Easter road but escaped with 3 points, last night was worse.

If it’s a case of take the point and get back into our groove fine, but any more performances like that and alarm bells will rightly be ringing.

Aberdeen away is always a tough game, disappointed we didn't win, but I'll take the point and look forward to us scudding Livi next week 5-0.

For the first time in about 11 years the SPFL is normalising and we are seeing a normal title race. We’ll drop points as will the scum and there will be plenty of twists and turns between now and May. Freshen up our squad with a signing or two, get our injured players back and get Aribo back then I’m confident we’ll have enough to go on and win 56.

To be honest I was kind of expecting that performace last night when I knoew we would be without Arfield, Davis and Aribo.

Arfield - Gets forward to support Morelos and is a goal threat.
Davis - Can control the game when under pressure.
Aribo - Best player in the league who creates chances and is a goal threat.

Last night we had Sands who was playing his first game and is more defensive minded, and Kamara who is neat and tidy but isn't going to offer much going forward. I like Hagi but apart from his goal he did nothing and he isn't a player you want in your team when you need to win the midfield battle.

That game was lost (drawn) in the midfield last night so lets hope our missing players are back soon or our 4 point lead won't last long.

Cant expect to walk every season the way we did for 55, 4 points clear and sitting top isnt a bad place to be

Grow a pair!
It’s typical of the moaning faced any wetting younger generation who think a draw at Pittodrie is
Unacceptable, Terrible, Calls for new signings et etc
murder

Grow a pair!
What suggests that a host of eunuchs are posting on here whilst soiling themselves?

Back