Ex-Arsenal footballer Tyrell Robinson, 22, charged with child sex offences

did I say it was acceptable you clown? Are you too stupid to understand all I’m pointing out there are huge grey areas. I’d have sympathy if he had shagged some girl who was at a nightclub and she turned out to be 14 or 15 but looked in her 20s That’s not the same as interfering with a toddler

You're literally using "how many 20 year olds would be locked up when the police find out they're shagging 15 year olds" as a defence.

The answer is all of them, cause a twenty year old shagging a fifteen year old makes them a fuckin nonce

If you are 17 to 20 and in a sexual relationship with a 15 year old then you are a rapist. It's the law.

I can see you were corrected by another poster, just shows you were wrong in your thoughts about the law.

some of the posts trying to suggest something I’m not are a bit ridiculous. In no way do I think sex with a minor is acceptable but there are scenarios that take place the length and breadth of the country that adds a bit of grey to the mix.

there are schoolgirl mothers who are not objecting to having sex, there are girls sneaking into nightclubs underage because they look like grown women and some dream about being a WAG.

in Holland isn’t the age of consent 12? In Australia they actually have a law in place that it’s illegal to have A girlfriend/boyfriend a certain number of years apart under a certain age .

If it turns out the guy is abusing children he should have his balls cut off

You're literally using "how many 20 year olds would be locked up when the police find out they're shagging 15 year olds" as a defence.

The answer is all of them, cause a twenty year old shagging a fifteen year old makes them a fuckin nonce

you are an idiot who as it’s been pointed out by another poster your grasp of the law is wrong, it would be lesser charge of sexual activity if caught and there would be lassies who are sexually active and be happy to be so.

Crown Prosecution guidelines state it is not in the public interest to prosecute children who are of the same or similar age and engage in sexual activity.

so what does that gap mean? There can be almost 2 years difference between 2 kids in the same year if one stared school at 4 and another at 5

you are an idiot who as it’s been pointed out by another poster your grasp of the law is wrong, it would be lesser charge of sexual activity if caught and there would be lassies who are sexually active and be happy to be so.

I'm definitely not an idiot. You're saying there's nothing wrong with a twenty year old shagging a fifteen year old lassie, and I'm telling you any twenty year old shagging a fifteen year old is a fucking nonce

Have a look at the numbers of teen pregnancy there is and the number of girls using contraception. These are girls consenting to having sex. i look back to my own school days and remember the lassies in my year screwing older lads who had cars etc and happy to do so.

I’m not saying it’s right but you you be very blinkered not to see that it’s happening.

I threw up a suggestion that I’m happy to accept in this case that I was wrong and the guy has been acting in a more sinister way. But I say again I’d have sympathy with a young guy being caught shagging a girl at 15 who had presented herself in a nightclub as someone over the age of consent to then be branded a paedo the same as some guy touching up kids

No there fucking can't. There literally cannot even be a full year. Wtf are you all about man

yeah they can. My lad started school at 5 as he was a January birthday, there is a lad in his class who started at 4 and was born in March, for a period,of time on paper there are 2 years difference. My lad turned 13 and the boy is still 11

I'm definitely not an idiot. You're saying there's nothing wrong with a twenty year old shagging a fifteen year old lassie, and I'm telling you any twenty year old shagging a fifteen year old is a fucking nonce

and I’m telling you you are an idiot if you can see the grey area like others are pointing out.

You're wrong too if that other poster is correct. It would not be a "lesser" charge of sexual activity, it would be a charge of sexual activity with a child, assuming the child's age was 14 or 15.
14 and 15 year old girls who are happy to be sexually active need help and education. Not some predatory adult "boyfriend" who doesn't care what kind of damage they do to their victim's life.

and I’m telling you you are an idiot if you can see the grey area like others are pointing out.

And you are completely ignoring the fact that any twenty year old guy who has sex with a fifteen year old is a fucking nonce - something you dropped in as an argument in DEFENCE of the guy!

You're wrong too if that other poster is correct. It would not be a "lesser" charge of sexual activity, it would be a charge of sexual activity with a child, assuming the child's age was 14 or 15.
14 and 15 year old girls who are happy to be sexually active need help and education. Not some predatory adult "boyfriend" who doesn't care what kind of damage they do to their victim's life.

I think it’s you that’s wrong, so a boy who is 15 is seeing a girl who is 13, they are together for 2 years and the boy is 17 and she is 15 doesn’t become a predatory adult boyfriend.

And you are completely ignoring the fact that any twenty year old guy who has sex with a fifteen year old is a fucking nonce - something you dropped in as an argument in DEFENCE of the guy!

we are talking cross purposes then as I thought we were now talking about the grey areas in the law.

so are you honestly telling me you would have no sympathy for a guy who has had sex with a girl he though was 18 plus after meeting in a nightclub who the turned out to be 15? Like the scenario played out in Trainspotting

I think it’s you that’s wrong, so a boy who is 15 is seeing a girl who is 13, they are together for 2 years and the boy is 17 and she is 15 doesn’t become a predatory adult boyfriend.
You're clutching at straws. I'm not comfortable having this exchange of opinions with you. You and I are not going to see eye to eye. I'll leave things at that.

What if they were in a nightclub where you have to be 18 to enter and the guy thought the girl was obviously 18 because she looked older?

im sure I won’t be the only one who would see treating someone who shagged a girl who looked all woman and presented themselves as all woman the same as someone who abuses toddlers and young kids as the same, a nonce isn’t quite right.

im sure I won’t be the only one who would see treating someone who shagged a girl who looked all woman and presented themselves as all woman the same as someone who abuses toddlers and young kids as the same, a nonce isn’t quite right.

No no no no, your comments implied there are plenty of guys aged up to TWENTY who just happen to have girlfriends who are under sixteen. Which makes them a nonce.

what the acceptable gap between ages was.
Going by CPS guidelines if a female was 15 and entered into a consensual sexual relationship with a male who was under the age of 18 but older than 15 then it wouldn’t be in the public’s interest to pursue a prosecution...

If on the other hand the female was 13 and under and the male was say 17 then that very much is rape of a child Whether or not the child consented to this act is irrelevant!

but the op is about a guy who was 20 having sex with a female over 13 but under 16 is clearly sexual activity with a child which rightfully leaves him open to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law under the sexual offences act 2003.

Last edited:
You're clutching at straws. I'm not comfortable having this exchange of opinions with you. You and I are not going to see eye to eye. I'll leave things at that.

im not clutching at straws, I think it’s you who are a bit blinkered to understand the reality of things, there are many sexually mature girls putting themselves out there, happy to pull guys who are older than them. I could have a certain amount of understanding why it’s a bit different to abusing someone who can’t consent.

as I mentioned when I was at school I knew plenty of 14/15 year old girls in my year who were happy to have older boyfriends and were taking precautions not to get pregnant. We had a couple of teen pregnancies.

I’m not saying it’s morally right or even legally right but it happens

No no no no, your comments implied there are plenty of guys aged up to TWENTY who just happen to have girlfriends who are under sixteen. Which makes them a nonce.

an also you are ignoring the nightclub scenario that myself and others are saying. There are many lassies who look much older than their years once they are all done up for a night out. Where your sympathies lie if a young footballer was caught up with a girl like that. Just answer this and nothing else

I take it they suspended him when he was initially arrested, as he hadn't played since August 2018, and now he has been charged they've got rid.
Given that he hasn't actually been found guilty yet, how would that work with the reason given, of gross misconduct.

Think the charge could be enough in reputation alone damage grounds

Going by CPS guidelines if a female was 15 and entered into a consensual sexual relationship with a male who was under the age of 18 but older than 15 then it wouldn’t be in the public’s interest to pursue a prosecution...

If on the other hand the female was 13 and under and the male was say 17 then that very much is rape of a child Whether or not the child consented to this act is irrelevant!

but the op is about a guy who was 20 having sex with a female over 13 but under 16 is clearly sexual activity with a child which rightfully leaves him open to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law under the sexual offences act 2003.

mate in my defence and why I threw up a question about a possible scenario it’s not obvious in the OP what age the girl was.

20 to 13 is obviously a huge gap and is totally wrong but what I’ve asked a few times I thought it could have been a 15 year old out looking much older and the guy has been caught out

Too many things to reply to here but 1 thing is absolutely certain, if you're 20 years old and chatting up 15 year olds you're a grooming nonce, no other way about it. Most of us here will have been 20, and when you're that age you know damn well that's fucken wrong. This aint some 17 or 18 year old lad that would've been at school with the kid, it's a grown man who earns a living. Nonce!

Other then that it's worrying bringing kids into this world where everything is hyper sexualised and "sending nudes" seems to be an accepted normality. God knows what goes round schools.

mate in my defence and why I threw up a question about a possible scenario it’s not obvious in the OP what age the girl was.

20 to 13 is obviously a huge gap and is totally wrong but what I’ve asked a few times I thought it could have been a 15 year old out looking much older and the guy has been caught out
It doesn’t say her age no but does state what he’s been charged with which is Sexual activity with a child and that charge is only applicable to a female who is over 13 but under 16, she could well have been 13 and 1 month when this offence took place.

As I stated if she was under 13 he would be charged with rape of a child.

At the end of the day if he gets convicted it will be a custodial and his name will be on the sex offenders register. It will be interesting to see if any social work reports are published to deem if he’s at risk of further offending.

Too many things to reply to here but 1 thing is absolutely certain, if you're 20 years old and chatting up 15 year olds you're a grooming nonce, no other way about it. Most of us here will have been 20, and when you're that age you know damn well that's fucken wrong. This aint some 17 or 18 year old lad that would've been at school with the kid, it's a grown man who earns a living. Nonce!

Other then that it's worrying bringing kids into this world where everything is hyper sexualised and "sending nudes" seems to be an accepted normality. God knows what goes round schools.

mate nobody has yet answered this yet may be you will. the scenario I suggest is nothing about grooming. He could have bumped into a woman in a night club, who he bought drinks all night, he could have taken her to a hotel, had sex, took photos of this woman who he still thinks is over 18 as that’s what he has told her. Swapped numbers then said sorry it’s just a one night thing only for the lassie to say by the way I’m 15 and going to the police now since you dont want to see me. Does that make the guy a nonce or unfortunate?

we are all commenting on something where NONE of us know the story. I could be on the button or way off the mark as could anyone commenting.

If it turns out he was grooming her online, then he deserves the book thrown at him all I’m trying to suggest these things are never black and white.

I’ve a friend who is now same age as myself 44, he has been with the same woman since he was 15........she was 23.

he was fucking ecstatic to have pulled her and was pumping her all ways at 15, fully consensual and he was the hero of us lads at the time. Again not saying it’s right or just but may mate would never let you suggest his now wife abused him

mate nobody has yet answered this yet may be you will. the scenario I suggest is nothing about grooming. He could have bumped into a woman in a night club, who he bought drinks all night, he could have taken her to a hotel, had sex, took photos of this woman who he still thinks is over 18 as that’s what he has told her. Swapped numbers then said sorry it’s just a one night thing only for the lassie to say by the way I’m 15 and going to the police now since you dont want to see me. Does that make the guy a nonce or unfortunate?

we are all commenting on something where NONE of us know the story. I could be on the button or way off the mark as could anyone commenting.

If it turns out he was grooming her online, then he deserves the book thrown at him all I’m trying to suggest these things are never black and white.

If that is what turns out to have happened then obviously I would feel a bit of sympathy for him being totally unaware of that, but the fact he hasn't played a game since this happened suggests to me the club knew he was fully aware of what he was doing and they wanted no part in a scandal. He's been suspended since 2018 and the day after he was suspended he was arrested.

If there was a case for what you're suggesting then I think the club would've played him until charges were finally pressed or if they were dropped.

I’ve a friend who is now same age as myself 44, he has been with the same woman since he was 15........she was 23.

he was fucking ecstatic to have pulled her and was pumping her all ways at 15, fully consensual and he was the hero of us lads at the time. Again not saying it’s right or just but may mate would never let you suggest his now wife abused him

Doesn't matter what he'd suggest, that is severely unhealthy and she groomed a child

If that is what turns out to have happened then obviously I would feel a bit of sympathy for him being totally unaware of that, but the fact he hasn't played a game since this happened suggests to me the club knew he was fully aware of what he was doing and they wanted no part in a scandal. He's been suspended since 2018 and the day after he was suspended he was arrested.

If there was a case for what you're suggesting then I think the club would've played him until charges were finally pressed or if they were dropped.

Mate like I said NOBODY on threads like these know the circumstances. The OP really offers very little in details as how could he the police won’t release them

Look at guys who have been charged with rape and are then found innocent. Threads like this slaughter people without knowing the facts.

To one of the posters earlier the only people who at 18 who were pumping girls at 15:

1.Beasts
2. They could not get a girl their own age.
3. They did it when pissed and did not know their age (maybe a one off).

No excuses on this - if you’re pumping a 15 year old and you know their age at 18. You’re a beast.

Where do you draw the line with this? The high schools are full of 15 year old girls hanging about with 16 and 17 year old boys. That's the way it's always worked.

Where do you draw the line with this? The high schools are full of 15 year old girls hanging about with 16 and 17 year old boys. That's the way it's always worked.

18 is the cut off surely. You're preparing for uni/apprenticeships or working, can legally drive, drink in pubs and go on holiday with your mates. Its a small gap in the literal sense of age, but 15 year old school girls are miles behind in development.

When I went to sixth form it was attached to the main high school block, and even then as 18 year old kids, anyone that went with a 15 year old main schooler was one to watch out for.

This guy was 20! As the guy put it, theres only certain types that do that even at 18, let alone 20.

18 is the cut off surely. You're preparing for uni/apprenticeships or working, can legally drive, drink in pubs and go on holiday with your mates. Its a small gap in the literal sense of age, but 15 year old school girls are miles behind in development.

When I went to sixth form it was attached to the main high school block, and even then as 18 year old kids, anyone that went with a 15 year old main schooler was one to watch out for.

This guy was 20! As the guy put it, theres only certain types that do that even at 18, let alone 20.

Aye you're right.

Back