Ex-Arsenal footballer Tyrell Robinson, 22, charged with child sex offences

Syme

EX-ARSENAL footballer Tyrell Robinson has today been charged with child sex offences.

The Bradford City star, 22, has been sacked from the club after the accusations were confirmed this afternoon.

He was arrested in August 2018, and has now been charged with "sexual activity with a child".

A West Yorkshire Police statement said: "The charge relates to an offence which is alleged to have occurred in Bradford in August 2018.

"He has also been charged with one count of making an indecent image of a child and two counts of distributing an indecent image of a child and has been summonsed to appear before Bradford magistrates on 7 April."

Robinson, of South Ockendon, Essex was suspended from the club after the arrest, but has now been let go.

Bradford City Football Club said in a statement: "Bradford City Football Club has parted company with Tyrell Robinson.

"This comes after West Yorkshire Police confirmed charges had been brought against Robinson, following his arrest in August 2018.

"Robinson has been dismissed from the remainder of his contract on grounds of committing gross misconduct.

"The club will be making no further comment on the matter."

Robinson came through Arsenal's academy and moved to West Bromwich Albion, before joining Bradford on a free transfer in August 2017.

The footballer, who can play left-back or left-wing, was earmarked for big things under manager Michael Collins.

He made 28 appearances for the club, including 13 league starts, with his final appearance in a 2-0 defeat in August 2018.

Bradford seems to be a hotbed for this kind of activity. Rancid. How does it take almost 18 months for him to be charged?

All his mobile devices, laptop, iPad, phone etc would need to be seized and then forensically examines for indecent images and any other related evidence and then the images graded. Submit to CPS for a charging decision. It’s not a quick process.

I take it they suspended him when he was initially arrested, as he hadn't played since August 2018, and now he has been charged they've got rid.
Given that he hasn't actually been found guilty yet, how would that work with the reason given, of gross misconduct.

Now he can play on the left wing or the nonce wing. Cu.nt. What is it about Bradford?

How long till Graham Spiers defends him and says its all the fault of wee miss understood. And Bradford splash out on Adam Johnson to replace him.
Do you think if he defended a paedophile in this day and age he would be rightly sacked? Still can’t believe he got away with that (well I can, it’s not right though)

I’m certainly not defending the guy but I just want to throw up something and going by the report it’s not clear if the is could be the case.

2 years ago the guy was 20, what if the child was 15. Some of these young lassies don’t look their age and get into nightclubs etc with fake ids and their looks. Could it be a lassie like this that’s chased a young footballer? It would be deemed an illegal pic if he too a picture of this hypothetical girls bare chest.

to be clear I’m not saying this has happened or even if it was the scenario that he should have been more cautious if her age but when you read these stories you automatically think of some beast taking photos of young kids and interfering with them. In the example I suggest I’d maybe have some sympathy with a young guy having sex with what he though was every inch a young woman.

I know many young guys 17,18,19 with girlfriends younger than them who would be deemed a beast if police knew of their consensual activities despite her age

I’m certainly not defending the guy but I just want to throw up something and going by the report it’s not clear if the is could be the case.

2 years ago the guy was 20, what if the child was 15. Some of these young lassies don’t look their age and get into nightclubs etc with fake ids and their looks. Could it be a lassie like this that’s chased a young footballer? It would be deemed an illegal pic if he too a picture of this hypothetical girls bare chest.

to be clear I’m not saying this has happened or even if it was the scenario that he should have been more cautious if her age but when you read these stories you automatically think of some beast taking photos of young kids and interfering with them. In the example I suggest I’d maybe have some sympathy with a young guy having sex with what he though was every inch a young woman.

I know many young guys 17,18,19 with girlfriends younger than them who would be deemed a beast if police knew of their consensual activities despite her age

From a legal standpoint - the child in question would have told him her age for the charges to have been brought against him or the pic shows her beyond reasonable doubt to be u see the age of 18. And yes, in this type of offending a child is under 18.

There is also another possibility/ scenario but I won’t say what as the matters haven’t been dealt with in court as yet.

I guess without knowing the full details it's hard to judge just how bad his crime is. He's certainly not getting my support but I suppose it's too early to hang him just now.

Not sure the club would've sacked him before being found guilty if the girl was nearly 16 , looked it and was in a nightclub.
As an aside, surely this will have an effect on his court case. The jury already know the club believe him to be guilty.

Yeah, you’d think this move would surely prejudice any jury should it go to trial.

Oh my god. Just... Oh my god.

I'm not sure stating that you know a lot of nonces is a good move.

Oh my god. Just... Oh my god.

and another idiot, im not saying a guy in their 30s it 40s with a 15 year old girlfriend but there are loads of guys who will be 17 to 20 with younger girlfriends who would be in trouble if their sex life was revealed

thankfully some of the most sensible posters can see exactly what I was getting at and can see with the charge the guy is up on the scenario I mention isn’t the case

So are you saying if two people met in school at 15 and 13, then as soon as the guy turns 17 and she's 15 he suddenly becomes a nonce?

Not as black and white as that IMO.

Legally, it's exactly that black and white..if they are having a sexual relationship.

So are you saying if two people met in school at 15 and 13, then as soon as the guy turns 17 and she's 15 he suddenly becomes a nonce?

Not as black and white as that IMO.

if folks remember the movie “Trainspotting” where Renton picks up Diane in the club only to find the next morning she is a school girl. That happens and for any PC idiot to say it makes you a nonce has no grasp on what’s happening out there.

I’m sure many guys will have their head turned by a stunning looking woman to be later shocked that they are just a girl.

As there are little details to the case folks seem to be jumping in that the guy is fiddling with young kids when all I’ve suggested and you back up it’s not as simple as that

There is a Watford striker with a bird thats 15 - granted legal where he is from but i bet his club shit themselves when she visits

Travis sing of it here in the song U16

I agree with the legality of the thing but perhaps there should be a bit more of a grey area.

how many of you on here lost your virginity before you were 16? So you could be both underage and you are having sex but if you turn 16 before your girlfriend you can be branded a sex offender?

Regardless if the guy is 18 or 40 and he’s got a gf that’s under age and having a sexual relationship that’s Sexual activity with a child and as such is legally incapable of giving consent to the act.

That’s the law and plenty of guys have been prosecuted because of it but **The Crown Prosecution guidelines state it is not in the public interest to prosecute children who are of the same or similar age and understanding that engage in sexual activity, where the activity is truly consensual for both parties and there are no aggravating features, such as coercion or corruption.

Edit **

Last edited:
Regardless if the guy is 18 or 40 and he’s got a gf that’s under age and having a sexual relationship that’s Sexual activity with a child.

That’s the law and plenty of guys have been prosecuted because of it.

as I said above How many of you posting lost their virginity under the age of 16 to girls that age or a bit younger? Did the sex suddenly stop,with the lassie when you turned 16.

if folks remember the movie “Trainspotting” where Renton picks up Diane in the club only to find the next morning she is a school girl. That happens and for any PC idiot to say it makes you a nonce has no grasp on what’s happening out there.

I’m sure many guys will have their head turned by a stunning looking woman to be later shocked that they are just a girl.

As there are little details to the case folks seem to be jumping in that the guy is fiddling with young kids when all I’ve suggested and you back up it’s not as simple as that
Thats the problem,you knew nothing of the case and made a scenario up.

and another idiot, im not saying a guy in their 30s it 40s with a 15 year old girlfriend but there are loads of guys who will be 17 to 20 with younger girlfriends who would be in trouble if their sex life was revealed

thankfully some of the most sensible posters can see exactly what I was getting at and can see with the charge the guy is up on the scenario I mention isn’t the case

Mate you're the fucking idiot. You think a 17-20 year old fucking a 15 year old is acceptable?? That's fuckin disgusting

If you are 17 to 20 and in a sexual relationship with a 15 year old then you are a rapist. It's the law.

If you are 17 to 20 and in a sexual relationship with a 15 year old then you are a rapist. It's the law.
The term 'rape' is used only with regard to children under 13 consensual sexual penetration of a child above 13 but under 16 is defined as 'Sexual activity with a child,and punished less severely.

I know this is going off thread slightly but is the law really as black and white as suggested.

Say two fifteeen year olds are in a sexual relationship - one turns sixteen it then becomes rape?

I know this is going off thread slightly but is the law really as black and white as suggested.

Say two fifteeen year olds are in a sexual relationship - one turns sixteen it then becomes rape?
Crown Prosecution guidelines state it is not in the public interest to prosecute children who are of the same or similar age and engage in sexual activity.

He's a piece of scum that needs booted fuck out of on an hourly basis.

But why he's not just a Bradford player as opposed to an ex-Arsenal player is a bit wrong.
That stood out to me too.
Arsenals name shouldn't be dragged into this, especially not a headline like that.

Screams of the time Billy Dodds picture was front page because his father in law was a nonce.

The South Americans actually handle it in quite a sensible way. There's both a soft and hard age of consent, depending on the circumstances. If the couple are close in age and I believe over the age of 13, it would typically be considered okay. If there's more than 5 years between the people, and the younger child is under 14, then it's considered illegal, no questions asked.

The term 'rape' is used only with regard to children under 13 consensual sexual penetration of a child above 13 but under 16 is defined as 'Sexual activity with a child,and punished less severely.
Thanks for clarification. This would make it appear Robinson was 20 at the time of his offending, and his victim was 14 or 15. It might mean a lesser punishment for him, but it's still a despicable offence. I hope he gets proper justice.

Mate you're the fucking idiot. You think a 17-20 year old fucking a 15 year old is acceptable?? That's fuckin disgusting

did I say it was acceptable you clown? Are you too stupid to understand all I’m pointing out there are huge grey areas. I’d have sympathy if he had shagged some girl who was at a nightclub and she turned out to be 14 or 15 but looked in her 20s That’s not the same as interfering with a toddler

Back