Ex Celtc player Edvaldsson has died

RIP Shug, can remember him scoring against us at Ibrox, they were 2 nil up at HT we came back and won 3-2.
We were probably on the the broomy bus that day Davie . :).Back to now . I was talking in the work the other night . I was watching old Rangers games on you tube and the boy started talking about when he went to the games on the buses that left from the Dumbarton area ,said he went on a few and that SHUGGIE was his next door neighbour .Said that he was a great guy that although he was a celtic player always spoke well about the Rangers and said Davie Cooper was one of the best footballers he'd ever seen ,

Last edited:
RIP Shug, can remember him scoring against us at Ibrox, they were 2 nil up at HT we came back and won 3-2.
1977. One of my first ever old firm games. They were 2 up at half time - big Shuggy scored both. We came back second half and Gordon Smith got the winner late on - think he got 2 that day

Sad news ; I was young when he played for them but seem to remember he was a big strong guy and he scored a few against us in the auld days. RIP

Also scored Celtic's equaliser in 1978 LC final before Smith's extra time winner.

An Icelandic international, a decent old fashioned centre half is probably the best way to describe him,. Could also play in mdfield when asked.

RIP

Good guy very friendly with Stanley. Many a session I had with both in the Southside.
A few wee night's up the town with Big Shug in the 80s. Never heard him say a bad word about us.

I well remember him Decent player, he had a hotel in Achnasheen, it was a bus rest stop, for 15 min time for a toilet break

Sad news we hated each other back then but there was a line and now there isn’t thoughts with Shugs family.

My dad knew Shuggy through his links with junior football and I was pestering my old man to get me a Kleim tracky why was the fashion in the mid 80s. So my old man takes me up to Shuggy's sports shop in Burnside and gets me the same type tracky but the Icelandic brand Henson across the front! Henson also made the Pollok strips in 1986! The top got stolen when I used it as a goalpost up in Milton one day but that's another story!

scored in a league cup final that we won 2-1,would have been 1978

Smith scored two and DJ the other after being centre-half in the first half and moved up front in the second. We pummeled them in that second half.

In the cup final he scored with the last touch in normal time but Smith(again) scored in extra time.

Sad to hear of his passing. He was excellent in the air and always posed a threat. Bit of a cult figure for them back then.

Back