Ex Celtic defender claims The Gaffer "made a gesture" to him

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
ERIK SVIATCHENKO has opened up on his version of the post-match words with Steven Gerrard.
Rangers boss Gerrard last week played down the alleged coming together with the former Celtic star.

The duo exchanged words after Gers knocked out FC Midtjylland at Ibrox – with Gerrard saying he wished the defender luck luck for the remainder of the season.
Sviatchenko had previously said that Gerrard’s arrival was a positive for Scottish football and suggested he was an apprentice of former Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers.

On being confronted by Gerrard, the stopper said: “Yes, he made a gesture that suggested, ‘You’re not so funny anymore’, or ‘You’re quiet now’ — something like that.
“I don’t know why he said that because my comments throughout have been respectful and I said nothing.
“It’s up to him what he wants to say after the game.
“They deserved the victories so we should just have shaken hands and moved on.”

Meanwhile, Sviatchenko insists Rangers CAN knock Legia Warsaw out and reach the Europa League group stages.
The Danish ace was left shattered by FC Midtjylland’s defeat to Gers last week.
But the 27-year-old was full of praise for the Light Blues’ performance and provided a positive verdict on their chances against the Poles.
He said: “We were disappointed to lose the second leg to Rangers as we went into the game with high hopes.

“But we lost it all in 14 minutes and it came down to individual errors.
“We were better in the second half at Ibrox — but they didn’t play at 100 per cent.

All the best to Rangers as they were the much better team over the two legs.

“I don’t want to say they can go on and make an impact on the Europa League, but they certainly have a good chance against Legia Warsaw.
“We played them in the group stages four years ago and they were good.
“But anything can happen on these big occasions, particularly when the fans at Ibrox are with them. All the best to Rangers.
“It’s difficult to say Alfredo Morelos is not a good player because he scored three goals. But they came from mistakes from our side — and then it is easier to score.
“Again, though, to score three and also contribute one or two assists means he has made a big impact. At this level, they will punish us when we make small mistakes.”

what paper. did they forget the piash he was spouting previously or just conveniently forget to?

Where is this from? It smacks of trouble making by the press. I think the player is trying to tow the line of being an ex-bheggar, a realist and a player hurting from being beaten home and away. He seems not to want to give too much credit to Morelos but otherwise, not a huge amount else to discuss.

Nothing wrong with what he's said tbh and he's barely mentioned anything between him and the gaffer so it's pure shit stirring. The poets will be the only ones angry with that cause he's complimented us and our players
Aye, the way things are reported by some journalists , its no surprise loads of players just dont bother doing press interviews. I can honestly not remember , seeing either Morelos or Defoe doing a recorded interview since they came to us

:))

HshfFdo.png

He's trying to hold in his inner wee bitch that whole interview but when your a big fairy like him it always comes out.

I can’t stand him but I can’t get upset at those comments. He’s hardly went full Tom Boyd has he?

Defoe did interview with BT after game on Sunday.
ok I never saw that one - but do you get the general point , loads of players just do the media duties they're obliged to and then keep the head down the rest of the time - partly because anything they say is sensationalised.

He was quoted in a Danish paper with a reference of something like "I know Brendan Rodgers and now we have the apprentice, if you will" or something of that sort - allowing for the translation - a nothing story

Told to ssssshhhh!Timmy press trying to
make trouble when there is none.Fu*k em.Don't like the fact we got through.

Now what leading question from a Scottish journalist could possibly lead to him giving the above as an answer?

"Sviatchenko, can you tell us if you think alfredo Morelos is a bad player?"

or

"Is Alfredo not a very good player?"
Exactly what I thought. Obviously a mink fan that is interviewing.

Timmy, what are they like.
Unknown Timmy: “ Please sir, Brendan didn’t shout at us”
Another Unknown Timmy now in Denmark: “ Please Miss, Stevie told me to be quiet “
Touchy bassas.

The agenda driven media going into overdrive. The propaganda machine is being overworked. You can just hear the sound. DEFLECT and DENY. DEFLECT and DENY.

One week after the game. Dearie me. Scotland is a fucking rat hole.

"On being confronted by Gerrard" What-the-actual-f*ck?!?!

Dear Josh, go play for the ROI. Shitland doesn't deserve you (although I can see the headlines "Rangers ace in snub to Scotland" "Ger turns his back on his country")

Ok, rant over. I'm away for a lie down .

Can somebody clarify exactly what it is he said before the match? Surely we'd have heard about it, our media love a "war of words".

The taste of humble pie not go down too well, Erik

Maybe that’ll teach you not to shoot your ex-crash barrier mouth off :))

I think there is a group of sectarian agenda driven media and others who assess negative Rangers stories and push them forward. We are living in a politically and sectarian controlled country. The “liberal” non sectarian punter are unaware of the demonisation of everything Rangers and the coverup of the Celt.. child abuse. We as right minded people should be aware of the bigotry in all walks of life and the nepotism that has festered because of this hatred and bigotry. Facilitated by the snp and labour.

Not a lot wrong in what he says and in fact is quite complimentary about Rangers - otherwise just stirring by the stinking rags that ignore and twist the truth.

Back