Ex Celtic player David Moyes

GodSaveTheQueen

I have seen numerous people on here support him as an option for new manager. Read the heading of this thread and ask yourselves if thats who you want as manager of Rangers Football Club. A man who played first team games for them and I dont care if he supported us, so did Scott Allan and look at the abuse he took. Add to the fact he isnt a good manager anymore.

I didn't not want him either but his Mum and Dad have been part of the Rangers family for decades

I have seen numerous people on here support him as an option for new manager. Read the heading of this thread and ask yourselves if thats who you want as manager of Rangers Football Club. A man who played first team games for them and I dont care if he supported us, so did Scott Allan and look at the abuse he took. Add to the fact he isnt a good manager anymore.

sxoc91.jpg[

Everyone has their own opinions, I feel he could be a good choice given our options.

He's played 22 games only for the Yahoos, far less than Kenny Miller .

It shouldn't stop us considering him as manager, his whole family are bluenoses .

Have questioned the same thing over the last week on here along with McInnes entire backroom staff.

Have seen posters state that anyone in this frame of mind has to get over it;

“It’s 2017”

“They are professionals”

They only supported them as boys”

“They are good lads”

I have even seen people liken it to Souness signing Mo Johnstone, I mean come on to feck.

It’s another shining example of how apathetic we as a support have grown over the last decade, we have en Masse stood by and watch our club be raped, pillaged and knocked about in the press.

If the board seriously think that it’s mildly ok, then I fear they are completely out of touch with the support.

Last edited:
Have questioned the same thing over the last week on here along with McInnes entire backroom staff.

[QUITE]
“It’s 2017”

“They are professionals”

“They are good lads”

I have even seen people liken it to Souness signing Mo Johnstone, I mean come on to feck.

It’s another shining example of how apathetic we as a support have grown over the last decade, we have en Masse stood by and watch our club be raped, pillaged and knocked about in the press.

If the board seriously think that it’s mildly ok, then I fear they are completely out of touch with the support.[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point - Moyes is a bear .

Just because he played for them 22 times doesn't change that.

We all welcomed Kenny miller back to our club twice , and he's played more for them than Moyes ever did. Moyes was a bit part player.

Check his credentials , his whole family are dyed in the wool bluenoses .

[QUITE]
“It’s 2017”

“They are professionals”

“They are good lads”

If the board seriously think that it’s mildly ok, then I fear they are completely out of touch with the support.[/QUOTE]

Absolute nonsense... This mentality will finish us

He’s called David
His Dad is called David
His son is called David

Nobody from such a dull unimaginative family should manage Rangers.

Just missed out on boy David.

Apologies if offended. Seems to be par for the course tonight.

As mentioned above, he probably just isn't good enough. Decent guy by all accounts but he caved in when he got the MU gig. I don't think he got the time he needed there and some players were against him from the start. He screwed up by bringing in all new staff which was a huge error and looked weak in all his press conferences. Overall, he's too weak and too defensive so a no from me. For whatever job he gets next he needs a sidekick to his press.

If the board seriously think that it’s mildly ok, then I fear they are completely out of touch with the support.

You're missing the point - Moyes is a bear .

Just because he played for them 22 times doesn't change that.

We all welcomed Kenny miller back to our club twice , and he's played more for them than Moyes ever did. Moyes was a bit part player.

Check his credentials , his whole family are dyed in the wool bluenoses .[/QUOTE]
Exactly my thoughts and FWIW he played for the BB as a kid . I played against him a couple of times.

If he gets the job and if he's successful in getting us back to the top then is anyone really going to care that he played for Celtic a few decades ago?

I only care about Rangers being successful. If Moyes can provide that then I couldn't give a shit who he used to play for.

Although I'd prefer McInnes, I think he's a better fit right now.

We cheer on Kenny miller every week im not sure of the difference

Ex Celtic player as captain ( and new hero to many)

The only reason for by passing David Moyes is that he isn't the best candidate for the job. End of! Anything else is dragging us back into a dark world where there is only one winner and it isn't anyone who wants to see Rangers succeed in the future.

Moyes is a very good manager and would do well with us. I know some wouldn’t like the fact he’s ex Celtic though. I understand that.

Sorry, please explain how in 2017 David Moyes is a "very good manager"?

I'm all ears.

Roll on the days where being a Catholic or a Jew or whatever you are is irrelevant to football.

Scottish football is total pish thanks this crazy mindset our (mainly older, aye I said it) punters have.

Why would you bring religion into football in this day and age?
Especially on a thread about a Protestant potentially managing a Rangers team that the bigoted Celtic minded see as "Proddy bastards"

I don't get it?
So narrow minded.

Who appointed you the voice of the support?

Roll on the days where being a Catholic or a Jew or whatever you are is irrelevant to football.

Scottish football is total pish thanks this crazy mindset our (mainly older, aye I said it) punters have.

Who the f*ck mentioned Catholics? I couldn't tell you if Moyes is one or not, and I don't care. That picture of his big glaikit bug eyed plooky ginger coupon in their manky colours is enough for me, but throw in the fact he's an utterly shite and outdated manager with the charisma of a soiled nappy and it's a full house. I couldn't give a shit if he's Catholic protestant Jewish or f*cking Muslim.

I don't care that Moyes played for them - I'm more concerned by the fact he is in a downward spiral as a manager.

Best avoided in my opinion

Forget the Celtic connection for a moment....his career his been on a downward spiral since leaving Everton.

[QUITE]
“It’s 2017”

“They are professionals”

“They are good lads”

I, like (I would hope) the vast majority of Rangers supporters could not give a flying one as to the leanings of any member of staff at the club. There is one measure and one measure only that should be used; are they the best person for the job that we can realistically get? If that person was Moyes, and we said no because of his playing history, who exactly is benefiting from that decision? Certainly not us.

Thankfully, it is pretty obvious he is not the best man we could get in for the job.

Kenny McDowell was a coach in the manky youth set up. He ended up coaching the 'Gers. I think Walter brought him in.

I am not to sure about having an ex them player managing our club. What if he doesn't get off to a flyer ? I don't think I could take much more

Who the f*ck mentioned Catholics?

See post #15, you must've missed it, and it's been quoted quite a few times throughout the thread .... at least read the thread before telling someone they're wrong.

I couldn't tell you if Moyes is one or not, and I don't care. That picture of his big glaikit bug eyed plooky ginger coupon in their manky colours is enough for me

You hate Moyes because he's ginger and ugly but you're alright with Kenny Miller playing for us? Are you for real? Would love to hear the thinking behind this statement. If you support Kenny Miller then it's a rather ironic comment to make, and since you're a Gers fans I'm guessing you support Kenny Miller? You're just picking and choosing stuff to be angry at because he's a shite manager. Simple as that.

but throw in the fact he's an utterly shite and outdated manager with the charisma of a soiled nappy and it's a full house. I couldn't give a shit if he's Catholic protestant Jewish or f*cking Muslim.

Well I'm glad you agree with me.

I am not to sure about having an ex them player managing our club. What if he doesn't get off to a flyer ? I don't think I could take much more

whoever gets the jobs going to have that problem

don't think there's a candidate everybody's totally in favour of

first defeat and it'll be carnage :rolleyes:

Back