Ex Celtic player David Moyes

You're missing the point - Moyes is a bear .

Just because he played for them 22 times doesn't change that.

We all welcomed Kenny miller back to our club twice , and he's played more for them than Moyes ever did. Moyes was a bit part player.

Check his credentials , his whole family are dyed in the wool bluenoses .
Exactly my thoughts and FWIW he played for the BB as a kid . I played against him a couple of times.[/QUOTE]
The fact is he`s a shite manager.

Don't think it matters that he played from them if he does well at the club. Look at Kenny Miller - how he plays determines our opinions of him, not the fact he played for them. Should be the same with the manager, regardless of the fact Moyes' family are purportedly all bears.

I think he'd be a good man for the job. He did about as well as LVG at Man U with a fraction of the spend. People shouldn't hold that against him. While sociodad wasn't a success, and Sunderland was definitely a mistake, years of successfully managing everton shouldn't be spat on the way it is by some on FF.

Look I get that as a lad he was one of us, I love the fact that either his Mum or Dad is from a staunch part of Ulster.
However he played for them, his managerial record is poor, every club he’s been at, the fans have ended up choking to get rid of him. And what gets to me, is I’ve seen him whoring himself(on telly,not actual personally aargh:confused:) to try and get the Ceptic gig time after time.
He is not befit to manage our fantastic club, and that’s that.Imho.

There's a world of difference between the job of a player in the team, and the job of football club manager. The manager is the day to day figurehead of the club, the man with absolute authority over the football team, and it's a position with the sort of status and prestige that is afforded to very few people in the whole country.
Club chairman, board member and team manager are measured by standards above others. And we should reflect that by ensuring some non-negotiable standards for those wanting to fill them. For me, one of those absolute standards is none of those positions can ever be given to anyone who has represented celtic. Their whole existence, their culture, their hatred of us all means that it can never be compatible. Ever. No exceptions.

I think most of the support are in agreement that Moyes isn't the guy for the job, the problem is that some want to go back to the 19 canteen lets not employ any Ex-Celt pish.

We'll forever be behind the bheasts with a mindset like that. If a raging Catholic ex-Celtic ginger, spotty, aids ridden player/manager is capable of leading us to glory then he'll get my support.

And before people start quoting me about the fact he's not a Catholic or whatever, I know, I'm just getting my point across that some are cutting their nose off to spite their faces. And thankfully he's pish too because if he became our manager I think a good whack of our support would be very unhappy because of his previous jobs.

"Aww did you used to work for Apple? Naw ye cannae work for Microsoft then we hate Apple and anything related to it ....." utter stupidity.

Everyone has their own opinions, I feel he could be a good choice given our options.

He's played 22 games only for the Yahoos, far less than Kenny Miller .

It shouldn't stop us considering him as manager, his whole family are bluenoses .
Kenny Miller hasnt got the top job at our club. Is this what we have become, accepting an ex celtic player as manager of our football club? Take a minute and let that sink in. It should not happen. The press are quiet on this at minute but you can imagine them if it were to happen.

Such a moronic view considering we have an ex celtic player as our captain.

A guy that was very successful for many years with Everton and was hand picked by arguably the greatest manager ever to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Yep you're right, not good enough.

Kenny Miller hasnt got the top job at our club. Is this what we have become, accepting an ex celtic player as manager of our football club? Take a minute and let that sink in. It should not happen. The press are quiet on this at minute but you can imagine them if it were to happen.

So it's OK to be captain but not manager? You can be one kind of leader but not the other one? Wit the %^*& are you on?

I don't get it either.

Changed says indeed.

I don't get what you can't get since I've never had the pleasure of living in these wonderful days of the past you're on about, please explain?

So it's OK to be captain but not manager? You can be one kind of leader but not the other one? Wit the %^*& are you on?
Kenny Miller isnt captain of Rangers, Lee Wallace is. I never said I was happy with Miller captaining Rangers. Iam talking about the top job at our club, the manager. Think of Struth, Wallace, Souness, Smith, and letting an ex Celtic player joining them. Not forgetting his poor managerial capabilities.

We obviously come from different generations and maybe also different upbringings.
So please don't take offence when I say I am so glad to be brought up when and how I was.
The standards Rangers were built on is why we aren't just a Partick Thistle equivalent team from Glasgow, but a team who attract followers from every corner of the planet.

Religion is secondary, but allegience to our enemy means there are positions at Ibrox you should be nowhere near. I'll think that way until my last breath and I'll disagree with every "modern" apologist who wants to dilute what makes us unique.

We obviously come from different generations and maybe also different upbringings.
So please don't take offence when I say I am so glad to be brought up when and how I was.
The standards Rangers were built on is why we aren't just a Partick Thistle equivalent team from Glasgow, but a team who attract followers from every corner of the planet.

Religion is secondary, but allegience to our enemy means there are positions at Ibrox you should be nowhere near. I'll think that way until my last breath and I'll disagree with every "modern" apologist who wants to dilute what makes us unique.

Fair enough, I was born in the 90's. Likewise, I'm glad I was brought up when I was because I just don't get the sheer hatred towards ex-Celts or whatever you may happen to be. I mean the guy played for Celtic 10 years before I was even born so for me to look at that and discredit him for it would be totally stupid of me.

The fact is that the club has been going for roughly 145 years now and there's going to be totally different views depending on who you are, when you were brought up and how you were brought up, and as much as I understand tradition and value it, it gets diluted over time, naturally.

But I'm very passionate about the club, I mean extremely, my mood 24/7 is basically dependant upon how Rangers are playing, I've cried an awful lot when we've lost big games and I've had some very happy times when when we're winning. I have the same passion for Rangers as older bears (I think) but for different reasons.

Obviously I hate the likes of Sutton and Hartson, but that's because they want to continue to talk shit about us even years after they've left Celtic. I don't discount them simply for being an ex-player of theirs, though.

If our board think Moyes is the right man too take us forward then I will back him 100%, I do not care one little jot if he played for them or not, their most successful manager at one time supported Rangers.

Look I get that as a lad he was one of us, I love the fact that either his Mum or Dad is from a staunch part of Ulster.
However he played for them, his managerial record is poor, every club he’s been at, the fans have ended up choking to get rid of him. And what gets to me, is I’ve seen him whoring himself(on telly,not actual personally aargh:confused:) to try and get the Ceptic gig time after time.
He is not befit to manage our fantastic club, and that’s that.Imho.
His record is far superior to McInnes He is was a bear and while not enthused has ebough to take on and BEAT Rodgers

If your motivation for disregarding Moyes is because he played for the rotten mob, then it is you who are out of touch with what the majority of the support would think. I think back to the day we signed Maurice Johnston, we were told the support would never allow this and had the press trying to find something that really wasn't there, the support took him to their hearts immediately and proved that we want above all else is sporting success and anything else is simply a part of our fabric.

The same will apply to Moyes.

If your motivation for disregarding Moyes is because he played for the rotten mob, then it is you who are out of touch with what the majority of the support would think. I think back to the day we signed Maurice Johnston, we were told the support would never allow this and had the press trying to find something that really wasn't there, the support took him to their hearts immediately and proved that we want above all else is sporting success and anything else is simply a part of our fabric.

Whats Mo Johnston got to do with this Moyes is from a Proddy Ranger supporting background.

This Moyes isn't a good manager ANYMORE stuff makes me laugh. It's not like playing ability, you don't lose it. The United job he was shafted. Given more time he'd have got it right, he was better than LVG if I'm not mistaken.
Then sociedad was a weird move but full praise to him for trying it out. Sunderland (as Grayson now knows) is a poisoned chalice, no manager worth their salt should go near that place. The club needs gutted from top to bottom.

Moyes wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd not be upset if he got the gig.

What about Celtic supporting murty and kenny miller some people on here are nuts David Moyes is a Rangers supporter and a very good experienced manager who has managed at the top level so I don’t think he has anything to prove I’d be amazed if he was our next manager we’ll go for McInnes uninspiring as it is it’s where we’re at no money and bereft of any foresight as far as managers of our club is concerned

I don't want Moyes near our club. Fail Fail since he left Everton.
I agree. I want any manager of our club to hate those mentally challenged scum as much as I do. He clearly can't have that same passion having played for them (and please no Miller comments). I admit to struggling with Miller and Mo Johnston but FFS this seems worse.

If the majority of Rangers supporters have no problem with an ex celtic player being given the honour of our manager, then I should stop being surprised how we constantly allow our enemies in football, politics and the media treat us like shite and we just take it. Apologise often enough and you end up forgetting what you were to start with.

Although it might again be a generation thing, as everyone I talk to among my long standing Bears supporters feels like I do. Wearing the colours of evil bars you from representing the good guys.

Leaving aside the inane religious nonsense, I could see past someone playing for them, if he was an exceptional manager. Imagine a journeyman English footballer playing a handful of games for Celtic, treating it as a job and not really engaging with their rancid culture, then emerging as a fantastic coach some years down the line. You'd really rule him out because he took a paycheck off them? You can't see a difference between that person and a twat like Lennon?

So my issue with Moyes isn't that he played for Celtic, it's that he's a f*cking disaster zone.

I genuinely think the Man U experience broke him.

He’s looked like a ghost since and just needed put out of his misery at Sunderland.

No ta.

Don't think it matters that he played from them if he does well at the club. Look at Kenny Miller - how he plays determines our opinions of him, not the fact he played for them. Should be the same with the manager, regardless of the fact Moyes' family are purportedly all bears.

I think he'd be a good man for the job. He did about as well as LVG at Man U with a fraction of the spend. People shouldn't hold that against him. While sociodad wasn't a success, and Sunderland was definitely a mistake, years of successfully managing everton shouldn't be spat on the way it is by some on FF.
Sorry mate but I think it matters that he played for them. I can barely stand that we have had players that have played for them but a manager is a bridge too far.

Kenny Miller isnt captain of Rangers, Lee Wallace is. I never said I was happy with Miller captaining Rangers. Iam talking about the top job at our club, the manager. Think of Struth, Wallace, Souness, Smith, and letting an ex Celtic player joining them. Not forgetting his poor managerial capabilities.
Totally agree with you. As far as I am concerned we should never have allowed ex scum players to play for us but have reluctantly accepted this. A manager is on a different plane and is totally unacceptable.

What about Celtic supporting murty and kenny miller some people on here are nuts David Moyes is a Rangers supporter and a very good experienced manager who has managed at the top level so I don’t think he has anything to prove I’d be amazed if he was our next manager we’ll go for McInnes uninspiring as it is it’s where we’re at no money and bereft of any foresight as far as managers of our club is concerned
will say it again he is a pish manager, how anyone can say he is good is beyond me.

I have even seen people liken it to Souness signing Mo Johnstone, I mean come on to feck.

It’s another shining example of how apathetic we as a support have grown over the last decade, we have en Masse stood by and watch our club be raped, pillaged and knocked about in the press.

If the board seriously think that it’s mildly ok, then I fear they are completely out of touch with the support.

I, like (I would hope) the vast majority of Rangers supporters could not give a flying one as to the leanings of any member of staff at the club. There is one measure and one measure only that should be used; are they the best person for the job that we can realistically get? If that person was Moyes, and we said no because of his playing history, who exactly is benefiting from that decision? Certainly not us.

Thankfully, it is pretty obvious he is not the best man we could get in for the job.[/QUOTE]
Shows how much you know about our signings pal:(

I have seen numerous people on here support him as an option for new manager. Read the heading of this thread and ask yourselves if thats who you want as manager of Rangers Football Club. A man who played first team games for them and I dont care if he supported us, so did Scott Allan and look at the abuse he took. Add to the fact he isnt a good manager anymore.
Agreed.

I think the important thing is Kenny will like him as they can talk about their days wearing the hoops after training

Back