Ex-Hull and Irish player would never coach Rangers

devilman

Well, isn't that a bloody blow eh??? Weirdo!!

I just find this a very strange story. Perhaps it's not unusual so much given the quality of journalism here in Scotland. However, to go out your way to tell everyone that you'd never coach Rangers because you support Celtic is a bloody bizarre thing to do. Even weirder is a paper deciding it's worthy of running a story on it.

Firstly, I doubt he would ever in his life be asked to coach at Rangers. So where the hell did the answer come from. Bitter wanker.

He also decided everyone who is Irish would support Celtic. Another weird statement surely.

Last edited:

I just find this a very strange story. Perhaps it's not unusual so much given the quality of journalism here in Scotland. However, to go out your way to tell everyone that you'd never coach Rangers because you support Celtic is a bloody bizarre thing to do. Even weirder is a paper deciding it's worthy of running a story on it.

Firstly, I doubt he would ever in his life be asked to coach at Rangers. So where the hell did the answer come from. Bitter wanker.

He also decided everyone who is Irish would support Celtic. Another weird statement surely.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/spor...ld-never-coach-rangers-confesses-love-celtic/

I don't have a problem with it tbh. He was asked outright to name a team he would never work for. If I was involved in football and someone asked me, I would absolutely tell the world exactly why i wouldn't work for that mob for any sum of money.

I am definitely distraught that a player whose only career highlight was getting headbutted by Alan Pardew doesn’t appear to like us.

He’s a non entity.

I don't have a problem with it tbh. He was asked outright to name a team he would never work for. If I was involved in football and someone asked me, I would absolutely tell the world exactly why i wouldn't work for that mob for any sum of money.
Fair point I suppose.

Thank goodness for that. If he is as pish a coach as he was as a player no one would want him anywhere near any club nevermind rangers.

I'm going to go against the grain after actually reading it. He was asked who he would never coach at a fans Q&A. I'd hope Bob Malcolm or the likes would say similar the opposite way.

I'm going to go against the grain after actually reading it. He was asked who he would never coach at a fans Q&A. I'd hope Bob Malcolm or the likes would say similar the opposite way.
Ah that makes sense. I thought he just came out and publicly said oh BTW I never want to coach Rangers.

As daft as that sounds you never know with they <unts.

think the point some are missing is this story is obviously meant to be his way of saying "they wouldn't have me due to my background"
the usual anti rangers pro 19th Century Terrorist shite

spin it how you want in saying its his way of saying he wouldn't manage us but the truth is its another Rangers bad piece by a newspaper, no matter how you look at it.

no mate we wouldn't have you as you are a no mark nothing that no ones ever fucking heard of!, your background matters not a jot, but the ability is clearly lacking you self important fud, now fu.ck off

At face value i don't have a problem with what the guy is saying either.

The other side of the coin of course, is if someone like Bob Malcolm said that regarding Celtic, it would cause a massive storm. That is the major issue, the way it would be perceived and spun, as opposed to the words themselves.

I haven’t got a problem with anything he has said as my feelings towards his lot are far worse of his feelings for my club

He can't be comforted by the knowledge that no former Hull and Irish star will ever be offered the opportunity to coach at the club.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/spor...ld-never-coach-rangers-confesses-love-celtic/
Dont share the link.
These stories get posted because people click links and read them.

Celtic man doesn’t want to manage Rangers.

Wow. Mind blowing.

I genuinely prefer to hear that over the jump the dykes who’d do anything for the money, so good on him. Why people want to be offended by this is beyond me.

Reactions: VGM
Seemingly that's their mentality these days hate Rangers more than they support their own team. You'd think someone would take the opportunity to express their love for their team rather than showing their piss poor attitude towards another.

Sorry but I have no idea what the feck this thread is all about. No details in title or post and no link or text. Nice one.

News for this unknown clown. You won't be asked to do a job at Rangers
Unless it's to clean the toilets and that's probably to good for you.

Was it a case he was simply saying he would never coach Rangers ...because he knew he would never be asked.....?

Guessing a link was edited out of the OP but there is no mention of the guy's name now (and the thread title is basically clickbait with the name withheld), makes it hard to follow what people are talking about.

I have not bought a newspaper in over ten years and this is why, I cant wait for all of them to die.

Sorry but I have no idea what the feck this thread is all about. No details in title or post and no link or text. Nice one.
I do apologise.

However, there was a link in there and I took it out. Not put the content of the story in but I guess it doesn't really matter any more.

David Meyler, who was an ex- Hull and Ireland player has given up football and moving into coaching. I missed the part about him being asked about what team he would never coach but he replied "Rangers" - I initially thought this had just come completely out of nowhere. He also pointed out that he doesn't know any Irish people who don't support Celtic. I just found it a little strange a story to end up in the paper.

However, with him being asked it kind of made most of my point irrelevant but since I can't delete a thread it'll just need to hang around until it disappears into the ether.

I took the link out for the story as someone had suggested we shouldn't give them the hits - which was the right thing to do.

David Meyler. Was asked who he would never coach on a youtube q and a and reluctantly said us. Sound guy to be fair just a Celtic fan

Back