Ex Milan/Brazil striker Adriano

There was a stage he looked like he would take the football world by storm. All fell apart for him off the field it would seem.

He announced he wanted to make a comeback this year. Piled on the weight and hit the booze hard after his old man died.

Check out one of Adriano's goals against Juve where he makes the defence look like a bunch of mugs.

Big Marvin did a good job on him when we played Inter though!

Guy was an absolute monster, had all the attributes to be an all-time-great forward, but unfortunately he suffered with mental issues and his private life was torrid, I'm pretty sure he or his dad was kidnapped? And his dads death really affected him too. Shame.

It was said that he had the potential to be better than Ronaldo (R9) but obviously he never fulfilled that potential. Was still a cracking striker in his day.

He was an amazing talent but i have little sympathy for him blowing ALL of that money.

I know he had issues with his Father passing away but financially he's the footballing equivalent of Michael Carroll.

There was a thing on beIN sports over here in Oz a couple of months back about him, as said earlier, he basically gave up on football after his dad died. Now, obviously he still hasn’t got over it, trying to get back into the game again and finish his career with the team he grew up supporting , can’t remember who but Flamengo rings a bell.

Back