Ex players you wish you heard more from

Never got the way his career ended. Played his last competitive game in the 2008 UEFA Cup Final followed by a pre-season friendly.

Was on the bench for Kaunas then no where near the team for the whole season. Was this a Michael Ball type contract?

Also seems weird how he finally committed to playing international football with Algeria only to retire a year before the WC at 31.
I always thought it was a Michael Ball type contract in terms of league appearances as he played every European game and the Cup games but rarely played under Walter in the league - I could be wrong but that is my memory of it.

I always thought it was a Michael Ball type contract in terms of league appearances as he played every European game and the Cup games but rarely played under Walter in the league - I could be wrong but that is my memory of it.
Wasn't sure if he was kept around to help Bougie settle as we signed Kerkar the year later to keep him company.

Can't help but think he would have made a difference in the Kaunas qualifiers

Craig Paterson. I thought hed carve out a decent career in the media from a co-comms viewpoint but seems to have disappeared although not in the the same vein (in terms of being utter lickspittle irrelevancies) as Jimmy Ping and Spiers.
Always wondered about this. He was a regular on the BBC and then disappeared. I guess he wasn’t telling them what they wanted to hear

Didn't we get him on a Bosman? If so I don't think there would be any restrictions on playing.
i always thought it was more to do with Walter thinking the Scottish game didn't suit him but he was ideally suited to European football.

Didn't we get him on a Bosman? If so I don't think there would be any restrictions on playing.
i always thought it was more to do with Walter thinking the Scottish game didn't suit him but he was ideally suited to European football.
Think we did actually get him on a Bosman:

Could it have been his bonus built into contract depending on league appearances?

yeah but could have been 'extension after x amount of games' Strange wage to keep around especially after signing 3 more CM's and very strange how he never played for anyone again.

Saying that I'd rather have silence from him than chasing the blue pound like Negri

yeah but could have been 'extension after x amount of games' Strange wage to keep around especially after signing 3 more CM's and very strange how he never played for anyone again.

Saying that I'd rather have silence from him than chasing the blue pound like Negri
Only played 12 league games in the 07-08 season and then didn't play at all the following season.

Did Dailly not start in midfield against Kaunus or am I imagining that? If so, Hendani would definitely have been a better option in there.

Can't help.but think there was a trigger in his contract for an extension or a bonus and as he was one of our higher earners, we were keen to get rid.

Klos definitely.
Think there was an interview with him in German media before we played Dortmund last year. Other than that and him playing in the Ricksen match barely been a word about him since he retired.

Only played 12 league games in the 07-08 season and then didn't play at all the following season.

Did Dailly not start in midfield against Kaunus or am I imagining that? If so, Hendani would definitely have been a better option in there.

Can't help.but think there was a trigger in his contract for an extension or a bonus and as he was one of our higher earners, we were keen to get rid.
yeah 35 total in 07/08 12 league, 5 cup, 18 europe

First leg

McGregor, Dailly (Novo 45), Broadfoot, Weir, Papac, Whittaker, McCulloch, Thomson, Adam, Darcheville (Boyd 66), Miller (Velicka 73).Subs Not Used: Alexander, Hemdani, Webster, Lafferty.

Second Leg

McGregor, Broadfoot, Weir, Papac, Whittaker, Novo (Boyd 88), McCulloch, Dailly, Thomson, Adam (Velicka 66), Miller (Lafferty 89). Subs Not Used: Alexander, Darcheville, Webster, Hemdani

yeah 35 total in 07/08 12 league, 5 cup, 18 europe

First leg

McGregor, Dailly (Novo 45), Broadfoot, Weir, Papac, Whittaker, McCulloch, Thomson, Adam, Darcheville (Boyd 66), Miller (Velicka 73).Subs Not Used: Alexander, Hemdani, Webster, Lafferty.

Second Leg

McGregor, Broadfoot, Weir, Papac, Whittaker, Novo (Boyd 88), McCulloch, Dailly, Thomson, Adam (Velicka 66), Miller (Lafferty 89). Subs Not Used: Alexander, Darcheville, Webster, Hemdani
Thought that - he would definitely have been a better option than Dailly

With socia media being as massive as it is now, is there any ex players you wish you heard more from?

I really enjoy Rod Wallace updates on Instagram. Someone who really stayed out of the media but has since kept us all updated on Socials.

I would love to hear what Amato is up to these days.
Gorgeous Jorg

Hendami's big problem was he didn't fit into Walters 4-4-2 , 2 man central midfield domestically.

Far too defensive for that. If we had adopted any other system he would've played more frequently. He would've been great in our current system.

I know this isn’t what you meant OP but I would have loved Davie Cooper to be here giving it the big one on BT Sport boasting about the Rangers.

To this day I cannot believe he was taken from us so early.

Moses Ashikodi, what is he up to? B-D

Edit: I wrote this as a laugh then googled him. If his wiki is accurate he played for 38 clubs in a 15 year period, wild.

No update since 2018 and still only 35.

Edit: I wrote this as a laugh then googled him. If his wiki is accurate he played for 38 clubs in a 15 year period, wild.

Came on for the Dog and Duck as a 94th minute sub last week.

Bajram Fetai. Bit of a head case seemingly.

Russell Latapy.

Robert Prtyz. Only ever pops up when the masters is on.

Darcheville. I loved the big/wee man.

I’m sure I read on here Hemdani had began living in some cave like region of France.
Prytz maybe unique,played in the European Cup final against Forest,then years later played in the junior Cup final for Pollok.can anyone match this rise to fame in reverse?

Tommy McLean. Part of our ECWC winning team, as well as winning 10 domestic trophies in the 70’s with us. You never hear anything from him, one of my favourite players from that era
Is their any significance that he never got a mention on the Rangers 72 film?

Had in an in depth group chat conversation about him only last week. Absolute headcase of a man.

Read deeper into those clubs too, some absolutely hilarious issues over the years

Had in an in depth group chat conversation about him only last week. Absolute headcase of a man.

Read deeper into those clubs too, some absolutely hilarious issues over the years
Did he not shank someone when he was in the academy at West Ham or somewhere.

Did he not shank someone when he was in the academy at West Ham or somewhere.
Millwall - only a plastic knife was his excuse.

Other notables from the recent group chat were:
- 2010 at Kettering Town had an on field arguement with teammate over who was taking a penalty. He took, and missed. He punched the teammate for putting him off and was sent off.
- 2014 at Cray Wanderers bit an opponent, missed by ref but player had bite marks on him.
- Had a crazy spell in end of calendar year 15/16 where he had a new club in each of November, December and January.
- 2016 at Chatham Town. Made 4 appearances, had argument mid game in that 4th appearance, walked off and never came back.
- 2017 at Three Bridges. Punched a fan in an argument.

Overall was 164 appearances with 40 goals, and 38 clubs (noting some are loan into buy, which counted as 2).
We were club #4 of the 38.
He only made double figures in appearances 8 times in the 34 clubs after us!

Mental.

Back