Ex-Rangers star Boyd says he looks more like Xmas pudding than elf as he takes part in 50-mile charity Ayrshire cycle

BlueMeanie

BIG-hearted Sun Sport columnist Kris Boyd has been getting on his bike to help support children and families in East, North and South Ayrshire for Christmas.
The former Rangers and Killie star is taking part in marathon 50-mile bike ride today - dressed as an ELF - in a bid to give as many families as possible some 'Krismas cheer' for the festive period.
Sky Sports pundit Kris Boyd

Acknowledging that these are challenging times for everyone, The Kris Boyd Charity is trying to play a small part in making a difference to the Mental Health and Well-being of families in Ayrshire during December.
Locals have been urged to keep an eye out for the former Scotland striker - and you can visit his Just Giving page HERE
While all donations are greatly appreciated, Boyd says his mission is as much about raising awareness of mental health in young people and among struggling families at Christmas time as anything else.
Joking that he maybe looks more like a "Christmas pudding" in the outfit "with the amount he has been eating recently", he told Sky Sports: "When we come to Christmas time it is a time for celebration and everything else that comes with it.
Boyd is cycling dressed as an elf

"It has been a difficult year for everyone but with the charity we decided we wanted to do something and give something to kids who might not be as privileged or as lucky as is.
"Who can spend time with their families, put food on the table and also open a present on Christmas day.
"Through the charity we decided that I was going to go and do 50 mile - dressed as an elf.
"For me, even if people didn't want to donate or anything, it is about the awareness side of it - that people are struggling out there.
"After the New year, a lot of people get themselves into financial trouble over Christmas trying to spend money they don't have to give their kids a good Christmas

"We have all done it but at the same time I think there needs to be more awareness of the impact it could have at the turn of the year.
"It was more to do with raising awarenss, to look after yourself mentally, and obviously the cycle is to raise some money for the three councils - South, East and North - and hopefully we can make a few kid' Christmas better.
"It was always in the back of my mind. I've spoken about it recently and through the charity, even in football that was in the back of my mind. I dn't think we do enough for kids that are 17, 18, 19.
"We build them up to be superstars of tomorrow then when they are deemed not to be good enough and it is 'okay see you later'.

"I think more has to be done to look after players. We have seen a lot of young footballers take their own life.
"I think the world of football as a whole needs to do more to look after young men who may have been released from football clubs.
"Do we do enough to look after them? I am not quite sure."

BIG-hearted Sun Sport columnist Kris Boyd has been getting on his bike to help support children and families in East, North and South Ayrshire for Christmas.
The former Rangers and Killie star is taking part in marathon 50-mile bike ride today - dressed as an ELF - in a bid to give as many families as possible some 'Krismas cheer' for the festive period.
Sky Sports pundit Kris Boyd

Acknowledging that these are challenging times for everyone, The Kris Boyd Charity is trying to play a small part in making a difference to the Mental Health and Well-being of families in Ayrshire during December.
Locals have been urged to keep an eye out for the former Scotland striker - and you can visit his Just Giving page HERE
While all donations are greatly appreciated, Boyd says his mission is as much about raising awareness of mental health in young people and among struggling families at Christmas time as anything else.
Joking that he maybe looks more like a "Christmas pudding" in the outfit "with the amount he has been eating recently", he told Sky Sports: "When we come to Christmas time it is a time for celebration and everything else that comes with it.

"It has been a difficult year for everyone but with the charity we decided we wanted to do something and give something to kids who might not be as privileged or as lucky as is.
"Who can spend time with their families, put food on the table and also open a present on Christmas day.
"Through the charity we decided that I was going to go and do 50 mile - dressed as an elf.
"For me, even if people didn't want to donate or anything, it is about the awareness side of it - that people are struggling out there.
"After the New year, a lot of people get themselves into financial trouble over Christmas trying to spend money they don't have to give their kids a good Christmas

"We have all done it but at the same time I think there needs to be more awareness of the impact it could have at the turn of the year.
"It was more to do with raising awarenss, to look after yourself mentally, and obviously the cycle is to raise some money for the three councils - South, East and North - and hopefully we can make a few kid' Christmas better.
"It was always in the back of my mind. I've spoken about it recently and through the charity, even in football that was in the back of my mind. I dn't think we do enough for kids that are 17, 18, 19.
"We build them up to be superstars of tomorrow then when they are deemed not to be good enough and it is 'okay see you later'.

"I think more has to be done to look after players. We have seen a lot of young footballers take their own life.
"I think the world of football as a whole needs to do more to look after young men who may have been released from football clubs.
"Do we do enough to look after them? I am not quite sure."
Fair play to the big man, doing his stuff. Him and his family must have been going through hell the last few years due to his brother.

A role model.

Fair play to him.

Back