Exactly Who is Offended?

I would suggest very few are offended at being called 19th Century Terrorists, whilst many will be offended by FTP shouts.

It doesnt matter really. UEFA have decided we have contravened their rules and are punishing us as per their disciplinary guidelines.

Its not a matter that can be debated with them - they've ordered entire countries to play behind closed doors for breaching the rules.

Interestingly many have recently been fined for the throwing of objects - wonder if the bheggars will be fined for Cluj - and if our ever wonderful Sports media will mention it?

Being offended was created by the lefties and liberals, it is a form of fascism used to kill free speech and ensure that eventually you will all adhere to the party line.

For the older bears think back a few years to how the UK used to be and think about how the snow flakes and weirdos have taken over society, its fine to teach kids about LBGTQP but a few bad words at the football is a major crime, the UK is officially a shithole.

Most people are not.offended .The entire idea is just to damage rangers and the rangers brand.it is mostly lead by people who hate rangers.

Fitba is dying on its arse I'll give you that.

However if we played down south how long do you think our songbook in all its glory would last?

It doesn’t matter who is offended. It doesn’t matter who hates us or is pursuing us for sectarianism.

The fact is, it is sectarianism. Why should it be brought into football. I hate singing about people dying. I hate “with a rifle and a pistol in my hand”!!! Really, WTF??!?! Who cares what St Boo sing. Get on with supporting Rangers.

Sing it behind closed doors or at a walk if you must. But please stop singing it at our games.

I don't care if the scum are offended or if certain journalists are mock offended.We do have players in our team who could be affected by the ftp stuff so for that reason alone they should not be sung.
On a wider scale it is damaging to the Club.IMO it is time to leave all this stuff in the past,concentrate on the football and proper football songs.

Nobody is offended, it’s an orchestrated attack on all things Rangers, Unionist, Loyalist, Protestant and it’s only going to get worse as more and more Rattlers get themselves into positions of power!
They tried to close us down before and they’ll continue to do so!

NO SURRENDER!

It matters not a jot.

If we wish to enter European competition the club has to abide by the rules of the competition's organisers. It is that simple, there are no ifs and buts.

BTW, no European competition means we won't even be competitive in the SPL.

First and foremost I want to say that I cringe when hearing anti-Catholic songs and add ons during our matches and it must stop. It was a buzz as a teenager at school but we grow out of it. Or should be anyway.

This new finger pointing is of no coincidence. It is being steered by the filth and only because we are breathing down their necks and the heat is on them with their Child abuse scandals.

They have done it before and they will do it again. Celtic and their sneaky fans have been manouvering and manupulating since during our 9 in a row / Dick Advocaat era. We were so far in front they could not handle it and started reporting us for spite. Listening to our games to be "offended". That is it in a nutshell. They got their friends in high places into position to punish and demonise us whenever the time comes again. Which is right now.

Am I angered by our board? No not yet as I think this is a battle we can't win on this occasion. Our board know exactly what we are up against. They know there is no parity and that we are in this position due to the narrow minded incompetent Murray / Bain regime.

What I hope and honestly believe is that Dave King and the board will be watching the Bheasts closely and will expect the same treatment when they sing their sectarian anti Protestant terrorist loving chants. If there is any hint of favouratism then he will go to CAS if need be. He is not afraid to go to court.

I also must add that if both Clubs were always going to be dealt with eventualy in regards to offensive Sectarian singing then I would expect us to be punished first anyway. Minority groups are always protected first to an extent in this current climate in society whether we like it or not.

Spoken to a few mhanky mentally challengeds over the last few days that I know and have a drink with. None are offended by our songs at games, and to be honest I don't give a flying feck what they sing, as long as I can tell them they are shite. So who is it that says our songs are wrong - who thinks for a minute I am going to stab a friend at a bus stop because he supports them?

Today some of St Mirren sang the Thistle song:

Hello hello, how do you do
we hate the boys in royal blue
we hate the boys in emerald green
so fect the pope and feck the queen

It's not deemed sectarian because the definition is far too narrow and it's garbage.

Quite simply that chant is offensive and should be reported en masse (no pun intended), although the sight of the FTP being held up at the behest of Rangers fans is a sight to behold.

FTQ should be held up as well as she heads a religious body as well.

The whole issue needs multiple reports of Huns and DOB mentions by the filth, there's no other way than to inconvenience them as well.

Hun should be easier than 19th Century Terrorist as we perceive it to be offensive and there's no adoption of the term in our culture unlike they do with 19th Century Terrorist.

Start with Scotland then move onto Europe, it's simply report after report and we've shown no taste for it as a support.

Michael Stewart should be under investigation for his blatant hatred of Rangers. Never a good word to say about us. Pundits and presenters are supposed to be a neutral
He works for the BBC mate balanced and neutral are not words I associate with the BBC when it comes to rangers.

Martin O’Neill is the biggest one for me. The press conference before one of their CL games where he shone a light on poor wee Lennon. Since then UEFA have been all over us.

The same Martin O'Neill that when asked about the sectarian abuse Ian Ferguson suffered for 90 minutes when playing for Dunfermline against the scum said that he was a big boy and could handle it.

I read the report on Eufa's dealing with the Ajax banner in 2005/6 when they"eufa" specifically mentioned that they were punishing Ajax because the said banner offended the Celtic fans in the stadium so to be punished by Eufa is there a requirement for somebody /group to be offended or not ?

Noone is actually offended
WTF has it to do with him?

GKoRZOh.jpg

This is getting stupid, we’ve been warned before and now it’s been very public and we’ve cost the club and supporter for Thursday night.
Just stop adding ‘19th Century Terrorists or pope’ into songs and we’re fine FFS

Offended - not sure.

Uncomfortable- plenty folk who take their kids.

I don’t give a flying %^*& about upsetting our enemies. I do care about the guys bringing the next generation of bears through. Especially when it’s easy for them to just allow their kids to be brainwashed into following that epl stock market on grass instead of having to explain why they should %^*& the guy in the funny hat.

One other point - I lied about offending our enemies. I want to get it right up them. But singing tbb doesn’t offend them. Singing non-sectarian songs and still having visiting media/ players/ teams/ fans mention how great the Ibrox atmosphere is really offends them. That’s what I want.

I had the misfortune to encounter a few tims at a neighbour's party. They told me they couldn't give s tuff what we sing as they are no angels. One said Celtic fans sing about political stuff and Rangers fans sing about religion. I gave up after that and made my excuses and left.

There is an entire business in being offended nowadays
Unfortunately it’s used as a way of getting advantage on your ‘opponents’

Quite simply that chant is offensive and should be reported en masse (no pun intended), although the sight of the FTP being held up at the behest of Rangers fans is a sight to behold.

FTQ should be held up as well as she heads a religious body as well.

The whole issue needs multiple reports of Huns and DOB mentions by the filth, there's no other way than to inconvenience them as well.

Hun should be easier than 19th Century Terrorist as we perceive it to be offensive and there's no adoption of the term in our culture unlike they do with 19th Century Terrorist.

Start with Scotland then move onto Europe, it's simply report after report and we've shown no taste for it as a support.

We should be all over them about Hun now.

Few people are genuinely 'offended' but that isn't the point.

This all started as the remedy for 'sectarianism' in Scotland. Hard to believe but the argument seemed to run along the lines (it was never really spelled out clearly at any stage) that stopping sectarian chants at football matches would somehow reduce religious bigotry in a wider sense. Not particularly convincing but we have become a very dumbed-down little country and no-one was going to ask awkward questions.

In reality, it was all about blaming one club and its support.

UEFA didn't have a clue about sectarianism in Scotland and were simply reacting to pressure brought by people close to McConnell.

In saying this, over the years the repertoire has drifted more and more into being dominated by Loyalist songs and in some cases verged on self-parody. The support hasn't reacted intelligently and that's a major concern.
All because politicians and churches refuse to acknowledge their part in it all. Blame football but only the 2 big club's and if possible try and just blame the biggest of the 2.

This is getting stupid, we’ve been warned before and now it’s been very public and we’ve cost the club and supporter for Thursday night.
Just stop adding ‘19th Century Terrorists or pope’ into songs and we’re fine FFS
It's not simple for neds though. They only care about themselves and sticking their fingers up to authority.
I genuinely believe they'd pick singing ftp over winning a trophy.

It’s only going to get worse, they’ve swung so far left that it won’t be too long before the Overton Window designates Denis’s Skinner right of centre.

The big irony for me is that ANTIFA are effectively fascistic in many ways..
Had to google that, interesting stuff

For me the authorities are focusing on the wrong issues. There are fans dying at games due to violence yet they seem more worried about singing. However, it's time to ditch the non football stuff. No issues with songs that celebrate our heritage but terrorist stuff needs dropped.
My personal opinion is that I would let the fans sing whatever they want across the stadium and get it out of the system. However, it needs to get left behind at the ground.
It's time to get behind the club. We are very close to being back in a footballing sense. Let's not tarnish that feeling when we lift 55.

I had the misfortune to encounter a few tims at a neighbour's party. They told me they couldn't give s tuff what we sing as they are no angels. One said Celtic fans sing about political stuff and Rangers fans sing about religion. I gave up after that and made my excuses and left.

what about when they were singing to Stevie G that he was an Orange Basta*d?

They will be at it again on sunday but will our support sit and take it or start reporting them for their anti-British racism and sectarianism?

My thread on it.
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/in-domestic-games-opposing-fans.86974/page-3#post-4208845

No ones really offended it’s just a stick to beat us with.

We need to take that stick away from them.

UEFA have decided that they are offended, have drawn a line in the sand & told us what will happen if we continue to sing sectarian songs.

Time to save the songs for the buses, pubs and clubs

Spoken to a few mhanky mentally challengeds over the last few days that I know and have a drink with. None are offended by our songs at games, and to be honest I don't give a flying feck what they sing, as long as I can tell them they are shite. So who is it that says our songs are wrong - who thinks for a minute I am going to stab a friend at a bus stop because he supports them?

It's not deemed sectarian because the definition is far too narrow and it's garbage.
If FTP is deemed sectarian when we sing it, it’s sectarian when they do. As others have said though, they will never make Europe and so come in contact with the scum at FARE.

UEFA like making money. Anything that might bring unwanted publicity and potential damage their brand they will frown upon.

If you look at UEFA’s disciplinary cases you will send many clubs/national sides fined for a variety of offences.

No one is necessarily offended but that isn’t the charge

UEFA have decided that they are offended, have drawn a line in the sand & told us what will happen if we continue to sing sectarian songs.

Time to save the songs for the buses, pubs and clubs

UEFA just implement the rules and set the consequences of breaking them, but that doesn’t change a thing. It’s FARE that seem to have a free reign to decide what is and isn’t offensive. ie. ‘19th Century Terrorist = not ok’ and ‘hun/orange bastard’= ok. That’s how it seems anyway.

Last edited:
UEFA just implement the rules and set the consequences of breaking them, but that doesn’t change a thing. It’s FARE that seem to have a free reign to decide what is and isn’t offensive. ie. ‘19th Century Terrorist = not ok’ and ‘hun/orange bastard’= ok. That’s how it seems anyway.

Sorry mate but you’re wrong on this one. UEFA make/implement the rules as you say, FARE in this instance have reported what they have perceived to be breaches and UEFA have obviously agreed, hence we are where we are.

Personally I’m not overly happy with what appears to be a change in our stance on here in recent days, it doesn’t matter what we think, we’ve been told to stop and unless we do, we’re going to get banned from European Competition and gift them a further advantage.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s people on here who will confirm that I like a singsong as much as the next bear but let’s not forget that a ban from said European Competition was the catalyst for the Souness revolution.

Sorry mate but you’re wrong on this one. UEFA make/implement the rules as you say, FARE in this instance have reported what they have perceived to be breaches and UEFA have obviously agreed, hence we are where we are.

Personally I’m not overly happy with what appears to be a change in our stance on here in recent days, it doesn’t matter what we think, we’ve been told to stop and unless we do, we’re going to get banned from European Competition and gift them a further advantage.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s people on here who will confirm that I like a singsong as much as the next bear but let’s not forget that a ban from said European Competition was the catalyst for the Souness revolution.

That’s ok mate, I’m often wrong haha, but it’s good to talk and discuss. We care, that’s why.

To clarify, i’m not building any case for singing anything we shouldn’t be. The message is simple, and it’s certainly not lost on me, that there are clear rules in place we have to abide by for the sake of the club. I’ve been well aware of this for the last 14 years.

The OP asked the question who is really offended ? You said UEFA are. My point is that I don’t believe they really are. FARE advise them on a subject they know nothing about. UEFA couldn’t have cared less back in 2005 until they were bullied into action.

Last edited:
That’s ok mate, I’m often wrong haha, but it’s good to talk and discuss. We care, that’s why.

To clarify, i’m not building any case for singing anything we shouldn’t be. The message is simple, and it’s certainly not lost on me, that there are clear rules in place we have to abide by for the sake of the club. I’ve been well aware of this for the last 14 years.

The OP asked the question who is really offended ? You said UEFA are. My point is that I don’t believe they really are. FARE advise them on a subject they know nothing about. UEFA couldn’t have cared less back in 2005 until they were bullied into action.

Totally agree that it’s good to talk but if you don’t back yourself up on here, you wake up to dugshit on your door handles.

It’s obviously FARE who report here on “Their” behalf but there must be similar bodies across Europe who do the same hence other sides have faced similar and more severe punishments. We’ve all seen Europen ties played behind closed doors including ourselves away to Inter etc. So it will happen unless we screw the nut.

Last edited:
The answer to all this is an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.

We set up our own version of FARE (NOT FAIR) and report *everything* the scumbags do.

Think that will tone things down fairly quickly.

I would suggest very few are offended at being called 19th Century Terrorists, whilst many will be offended by FTP shouts.

It doesnt matter really. UEFA have decided we have contravened their rules and are punishing us as per their disciplinary guidelines.

Its not a matter that can be debated with them - they've ordered entire countries to play behind closed doors for breaching the rules.

Interestingly many have recently been fined for the throwing of objects - wonder if the bheggars will be fined for Cluj - and if our ever wonderful Sports media will mention it?
No one is offended by it not even Fare or any of the other organisations , their livelihoods depends on pushing the offended stuff as they have built an industry that the government give big big funding too, I’m sure per head of people employed there won’t be a more lucrative business funded as much.

A few of the "liberal" types (call themselves liberal but are in fact authoritarians) may be offended by it but they don't go to football matches and they certainly don't go to Ibrox.

It's more a case of people who are offended by our existence and will do anything to harm us and that includes pretending to be offended.

Same goes for politics and life in general. People aren't massively offended or scared. They just see someone, disagree with something he says or writes and want to hurt him. They'll have hate crime legislation to back them up. We won't.

Back