Excellent Club 1872 Q&A

Tommac

Club 1872 Q&A here on the general meeting, dilution, future share issues, board place and much more. Interesting and informative stuff.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/spor...raising-their-stakes-and-a-seat-on-the-board/

What about the BBC CFC? Pacific Quay? Did they update on the 2 year battle they've started with letters going back 2 years?

I still cant understand why we have only got 7000 members.

We should have a least 20000 - 25000 that can afford and want to pay the £5 or £10 per month
I’m not 100% sure , but if you contribute say 10 quid a month do you actually own shares or does club1872 own the shares ?
If it’s the latter then maybe folk would rather save the 10 quid per month and buy shares to own themselves .if that’s the case they could still offer club1872 the use of them in votes

I’m not 100% sure , but if you contribute say 10 quid a month do you actually own shares or does club1872 own the shares ?
If it’s the latter then maybe folk would rather save the 10 quid per month and buy shares to own themselves .if that’s the case they could still offer club1872 the use of them in votes
You never ownshares through C1872
Its more of a contribution thing Ive been in both Rangers First and the RST buy Rangers schemes With the RST you got a community share with Club 1872 nothing

I have my own shares but also contribute to Club 1872. I feel they should go on a new recruitment drive and start to be a bit more high profile on the likes of the BBC etc.

Really good Q&A.

If anyone wants to help prevent something like a Craig Whyte situation from ever happening again, I'd suggest they join Club 1872.

"buy shares themselves" - dealing fees make that uneconomic (stupid).

You don't invest in C1872 to make a profit or even ever get your money back - it's not for Gordon Gecko.

These two sections stuck out to me;

It is actually one of the most efficient ways of getting money into the club. Obviously people want to buy season tickets, they want to buy strips and go for a pint before the game and that is the money they spend around football. In terms of just putting money into Rangers, this is the most efficient way to just help with the rebuilding process. We need to get that message through to people.

And;

But we want the mindset that this is just something you do. You buy your season ticket, you buy your jersey and you pay your Club 1872 subscription and stick with it. I think we still have some work to do with the support in terms of that collective responsibility mindset.

Club 1872 is important to the future of the club. If you haven't joined up already bears, please do.

I have contributed to the RST, and carried it on with Club 1872 since the start of both schemes. My contribution to the RST was supposed to make me entitled to a community share, never got one, but isn't an issue for me personally.
What do I get for my contributions to Club 1872, nothing that I can look at, and say this is what I did. Again not an issue for me, but will be for others.
Why not a non redeemable community share certificate to those who contribute to Club 1872, gives them something to be proud off.
I also bought shares in the club, as a fan not an investment. It is something I can physically look at, and pass on, showing my small contribution to the club's history, and future.
Wouldn't cost much, but might encourage people to become part of Club 1872.

Laura says they have £400k in the bank, just my opinion but i would use that money to buy the sporting facility centre opposite Ibrox. Something the club and supporters can use, and know they have left something their families and club can use down the decades.

Back