Exclusive: James Tavernier in demand as former Rangers boss Mark Warburton makes EPL claim (Record)

NDC bear forever

Mark Warburton has warned Rangers that a host of England’s top-flight managers are queuing up to take James Tavernier off their hands.

Warburton spoke out exclusively to Record Sport after a section of Ibrox fans pinned the blame on their captain’s slap-stick defending for Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Hearts.
alls have been growing recently for boss Steven Gerrard to axe the full-back from his starting line-up with Tavernier also copping the flak after two separate blunders led to a Europa League defeat to Young Boys of Bern.

But now the man who bought him for Rangers in the first place has revealed a number of Premier League clubs will be carefully monitoring developments ahead of the January transfer window.

The Queens Park Rangers boss said: “I know for a fact there is a lot of interest in him down here. I hear people talk and I’ve had a lot of phone-calls from managers at other clubs who are asking me about him. I always give them my honest opinion.
“But this is not a new thing. It’s been going on for a long time now
“I remember we were playing a game and we knew a top Premier League club was coming to watch him.
“After the game I was chatting with Davie Weir and we both agreed Tav hadn’t had his best game in terms of one-v-one defending.
“Then the guy from the club who was watching him came up to us and said,’’ He was magnificent”
“What he saw was an athlete going forward, whipping balls into the box and causing all sorts of problems for the opponents.”
“So a lot of Premier League clubs have been watching him because they know how good he is.”
“He’s a very talented boy. Yes, everyone has areas they can improve on but Tav is an outstanding asset and a top class professional. He deserves nothing but respect.”

Who cares how he played, as long as he trained well and learned a valuable lesson. Right warbs?

After the scum regain top spot by virtue of scoring a solitary goal more than we have but conceded a goal more than us we have Tav and Alfie linked with moves to EPL in January.
One would think we have a big few weeks ahead of us and folk are trying to unsettle the squad.
Id file all of this under pish and focus on our games between now and the next break.

Jesus fucking Christ.

We moan like %^*& on here when ex players talk our players down in the press and when an ex manager talks one of our players up we tell him to gtf.

Never change FF.
Shock horror. A guy fucks you hard in the arse and is asked to go %^*& himself when he gently rubs your bum again and asks if he can massage your chocolate star fish.....

Last edited:
Shock horror. A guy fucks you hard in the arse ane is aksed to go %^*& himself when he gently rubs your bum again and asks if he can massage your chocolate star fish.....
HPDkeea.gif

Shock horror. A guy fucks you hard in the arse ane is aksed to go %^*& himself when he gently rubs your bum again and asks if he can massage your chocolate star fish.....

Yeah I’m not really sure why any of us would be giddy that this lying con artist is talking about one of our players.

If it came from a credible ex coach/player who isn’t a lying bastard then maybe I’d a bit happier with it.

I very much doubt teams down south will be looking at James tavernier. Hes a shite defender. Can score penalties. N an odd freekick. N set up a few goals. He's cost rangers points. Just my opinion of course

Just watched the first half of Hertz v Gers and Tave = Bombscare. Not one decent cross entire first half. Total Passenger. He's not up to it it's too heavy for him now. Time for a change.

Just watched the first half of Hertz v Gers and Tave = Bombscare. Not one decent cross entire first half. Total Passenger. He's not up to it it's too heavy for him now. Time for a change.
Whereas I agree with your summary of his performance on Sunday, I feel you are being a little harsh to demand he is removed from the team, his contribution to this team over his time at the club has been considerable, his crosses into the box have resulted in many goals and he has also scored several goals, much of which have been match winning contributions.

He has also shown on many occasions that he is not "shite" in defence, however his mistakes have been costly.

I personally feel the positive aspects of his play far outweigh the negatives, he needs to concentrate more on his defending, but it is obvious that he is encouraged to get forward as much as possible due to his fantastic ability to play lethal balls into the box and his link up play with the forwards.

I hope he gets through this current sticky patch and leads us to the title this season.

PS, no one got pass marks on Sunday, we were a collective nightmare.

I very much doubt teams down south will be looking at James tavernier. Hes a shite defender. Can score penalties. N an odd freekick. N set up a few goals. He's cost rangers points. Just my opinion of course

He has also shown on many occasions that he is not "shite" in defence, however his current mistakes have been costly.

I personally feel the positive aspects of his play far outweigh the negatives, he needs to concentrate more on his defending, but it is obvious that he is encouraged to get forward as much as possible due to his fantastic ability to play lethal balls into the box and his link up play with the forwards.

I hope he gets through this current sticky patch and leads us to the title this season.

Can we just bash warburton on this thread?

3 other threads on Tav on page 1, 372 posts on him between them at time of posting.

Jesus fucking Christ.

We moan like %^*& on here when ex players talk our players down in the press and when an ex manager talks one of our players up we tell him to gtf.

Never change FF.

Not anything to do with Tav or him being talked up or talked down. @BobbyShearer nailed it, for me at least. "Rangers supporters don’t have any interest or investment in anything Mark Warburton has to say". I don't want to listen to him because he winged it talking his way into a job that he couldn't hack. Talks a good game and that's it.

And of course FF will never change because there will always be different opinions on every subject. Don't like them? Scroll down.

Whereas I agree with your summary of his performance on Sunday, I feel you are being a little harsh to demand he is removed from the team, his contribution to this team over his time at the club has been considerable, his crosses into the box have resulted in many goals and he has also scored several goals, much of which have been match winning contributions.

He has also shown on many occasions that he is not "shite" in defence, however his mistakes have been costly.

Thanks for the response. We'll have to agree to disagree he will cost us 55. For every amazing cross or pass, there's 15 pants ones. Just watch that first half again and post your response. Just done it myself and it is a horror show. You'd need to be on drugs to see the positives in this. He's a bottler.

Mark Warburton has warned Rangers that a host of England’s top-flight managers are queuing up to take James Tavernier off their hands.

Warburton spoke out exclusively to Record Sport after a section of Ibrox fans pinned the blame on their captain’s slap-stick defending for Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Hearts.
alls have been growing recently for boss Steven Gerrard to axe the full-back from his starting line-up with Tavernier also copping the flak after two separate blunders led to a Europa League defeat to Young Boys of Bern.

But now the man who bought him for Rangers in the first place has revealed a number of Premier League clubs will be carefully monitoring developments ahead of the January transfer window.

The Queens Park Rangers boss said: “I know for a fact there is a lot of interest in him down here. I hear people talk and I’ve had a lot of phone-calls from managers at other clubs who are asking me about him. I always give them my honest opinion.
“But this is not a new thing. It’s been going on for a long time now
“I remember we were playing a game and we knew a top Premier League club was coming to watch him.
“After the game I was chatting with Davie Weir and we both agreed Tav hadn’t had his best game in terms of one-v-one defending.
“Then the guy from the club who was watching him came up to us and said,’’ He was magnificent”
“What he saw was an athlete going forward, whipping balls into the box and causing all sorts of problems for the opponents.”
“So a lot of Premier League clubs have been watching him because they know how good he is.”
“He’s a very talented boy. Yes, everyone has areas they can improve on but Tav is an outstanding asset and a top class professional. He deserves nothing but respect.”
Can’t disagree with what he says here right enough. Tav’s confidence is clearly shot to bits, he needs to get through whatever this is and show his quality like last season.

Time to take Tav out the limelight. We are a very unforgiving bunch whipped up into a frenzy with the pitchforks out. The lad must be sore as he's not meaning these mistakes and never hides, he's a constant in the team and might be suffering from burnout.

Back