Exclusive: James Tavernier in demand as former Rangers boss Mark Warburton makes EPL claim (Record)

Whereas I agree with your summary of his performance on Sunday, I feel you are being a little harsh to demand he is removed from the team, his contribution to this team over his time at the club has been considerable, his crosses into the box have resulted in many goals and he has also scored several goals, much of which have been match winning contributions.

He has also shown on many occasions that he is not "shite" in defence, however his mistakes have been costly.

I personally feel the positive aspects of his play far outweigh the negatives, he needs to concentrate more on his defending, but it is obvious that he is encouraged to get forward as much as possible due to his fantastic ability to play lethal balls into the box and his link up play with the forwards.

I hope he gets through this current sticky patch and leads us to the title this season.

PS, no one got pass marks on Sunday, we were a collective nightmare.
Good post mate, and your last sentence sums it up....all of them were bad on Sunday

I don't think we'll ever see a transfer bid for Tav (bar the 3 mill Brighton, or whoever it was, thought he was worth).

Ah so in your mind he’s irreplaceable and there’s nobody out there that can take his place, oh well let’s not bother then and just to let you know it’s not my job to make suggestions to the manager I seem to remember we have just hired a person for that very roll.
In my mind he’s the second best player at the club behind Morelos.
I asked a genuine question, who do we replace him With & let’s not forget he contributes a lot going forward (responsible for 1/3 of our goals last year through assists and goals)
Then consider if it’s just a bog standard defender as most seem to want you’re then having to change the entire team as we’ll need a RW or we will have no width on the right at all.

open to suggestions

We know where this is going...

As he plays for Rangers - £5m valuation
If he played for the scume - £30m.

The value of a player isn't based on what some mugs payed for someone else.
Well we should look for the same mugs that do pay that sort of money then.
I don’t want Tav sold but £8-9m with add ons would be a fair price for him not £4-5m

Well we should look for the same mugs that do pay that sort of money then.
I don’t want Tav sold but £8-9m with add ons would be a fair price for him not £4-5m
Come the end of the season after winning 55 and the cups then we may get a better price

He's had a poor start to the season and as his poor form along with his mistakes continue, he risks becoming a liability.

If the money is right we should look at selling.

You told us a lot of clubs were interested in Josh Windass ya fucking blowhard fanny.

Any chance of telling the media that Rangers supporters don’t have any interest or investment in anything Mark Warburton has to say?
Think it's a cert he'll go for him at some point. The fact he's blabbed to the record as well,how low can he sink.

Some nice words, but he is not allowed an opinion.
Its like an ex giving compliments about your trainers.

He's not worth 10% was your comment. Anyway ignore is your friend.
How does your 'realism' get to a value of just £5m for Tav?
Well i don't have blinkers on for a start!! Once he is more consistent in our bigger games then his value will reflect that. And I'm getting bored now of these Tav questions/threads. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong so we will just see what the rest of the season holds.

We won't find a better RB than Tav on our budget. The guy's form has been poor of late but he's still one of our best players!
What is our budget exactly, I’m assuming you know from that comment?
Did you expect us to spend so much on Kent?
Let’s not kid ourselves here Tavernier is decent but some of the nonsense being spouted make him sound irreplaceable, which he’s not.

In my mind he’s the second best player at the club behind Morelos.
I asked a genuine question, who do we replace him With & let’s not forget he contributes a lot going forward (responsible for 1/3 of our goals last year through assists and goals)
Then consider if it’s just a bog standard defender as most seem to want you’re then having to change the entire team as we’ll need a RW or we will have no width on the right at all.

open to suggestions
Ask Ross Wilson.

Surely Tavernier's value is what clubs are willing to pay? Currently we rejected a £3m bid from West Brom and if clubs aren't willing to go higher than that then that's his worth surely?

People can demand £8m bids or compare him to Tierney all they want but that does no one any favours.

What is our budget exactly, I’m assuming you know from that comment?
Did you expect us to spend so much on Kent?
Let’s not kid ourselves here Tavernier is decent but some of the nonsense being spouted make him sound irreplaceable, which he’s not.

Agreed but most of the nonsense is negative in nature. Every player in football suffers dips in form!

Agreed but most of the nonsense is negative in nature. Every player in football suffers dips in form!
Of course they do but when it happens most ( well the ones that play for big clubs) are dropped.
We have far too many important games to carry someone who’s costing us goals because his heads not right and if Tavernier is the only RB the manager thinks is good enough then that’s also a sorry state of affairs to be in.

Of course they do but when it happens most ( well the ones that play for big clubs) are dropped.
We have far too many important games to carry someone who’s costing us goals because his heads not right and if Tavernier is the only RB the manager thinks is good enough then that’s also a sorry state of affairs to be in.

Not every player is dropped for a lack of form though are they? If you only see the negative then fine however, it may be that Tav's form takes a turn for the better or it may be that he needs to be rested for a few games and Flanagan or Polster come in. Where's the "sorry state of affairs" in that?

Well i don't have blinkers on for a start!! Once he is more consistent in our bigger games then his value will reflect that. And I'm getting bored now of these Tav questions/threads. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong so we will just see what the rest of the season holds.

It's blinkered to think Tav's worth more than that?

Right then.

Tav is a great player and it is nice of his former manager to remind us of what a fantastic player we have at the club.
Yes, he has hit a bit of mixed form and maybe he needs a rest, who can be sure, but nonetheless he also needs our full support and for Warburton to come out at this time with such kind words is great for the player and for Rangers.

Anyone who has a problem with this strikes me as having a problem.

Not every player is dropped for a lack of form though are they? If you only see the negative then fine however, it may be that Tav's form takes a turn for the better or it may be that he needs to be rested for a few games and Flanagan or Polster come in. Where's the "sorry state of affairs" in that?
Reread my post I said IF Gerrard thinks Tavernier’s back up aren’t good enough to take over from a player clearly struggling then that would be IMO a sorry state of affairs.

Whit is it with folk on here?

Ex manager says Rangers player is top drawer and wanted down south and he is lambasted.

Ex mentally challenged says Tierney is top drawer and is wanted down south and is lambasted.

It must be exhausting being perpetually offended.

Ex manager says Rangers player is top drawer and wanted down south and he is lambasted.

Ex mentally challenged says Tierney is top drawer and is wanted down south and is lambasted.

Because he’s a slimy liar who threatened the club with legal action and he’s no doubt talking up Tav because he signed him and as a consequence it does wonders for his own profile.

Were you expecting us all to get behind the serpent and say thanks very much?

As per on here folk reach for extremes to bolster their argument.
A bit of clarity. I, for one, am not offended, perpetually or even fleetingly. I, and I think quite a few others, are just not blown away or taken in by the Record going to a former manager and asking him to blow smoke up our arses to get them a headline. That's it, just that.
If it was true there would've been a bid that reflected Warburton's words. The man is a fantasist.

If warbs comments gets on the mainstream then happy days, much better to big our players up than ridicule them

Back