Falkirk blew it

Fitba Juice

Blew an 8 point lead. Not even a Championship play-off place, looks like another year in League One as well as the covid pandemic could hurt them, could be forced to go part-time if they're lucky.
From my own personal perspective, them being my "local team", I used to go and watch them now and again with some mates when The Rangers weren't playing.. used to stick some pocket money in their "Save the Bairns" campaign back when I was a youngster. Lost any kind of "soft spot" I had for them (along with a few Falkirk supporting mates) when they wished our club dead in 2012.

So f**k them.

Blew an 8 point lead. Not even a Championship play-off place, looks like another year in League One as well as the covid pandemic could hurt them, could be forced to go part-time if they're lucky.
From my own personal perspective, them being my "local team", I used to go and watch them now and again with some mates when The Rangers weren't playing.. used to stick some pocket money in their "Save the Bairns" campaign back when I was a youngster. Lost any kind of "soft spot" I had for them (along with a few Falkirk supporting mates) when they wished our club dead in 2012.

So f**k them.
Thistle didn't, justice!

So f**k them.

I was speaking to a boy from Falkirk at Ibrox when we were in the 3rd Division and strangely enough he had the same experience as yourself.
He said the bitterness towards Rangers from Falkirk F.C. was well over the top and that he was quite shocked by that.

Alex Totten, David Holmes, Scott Arfield, David Hagen, David Weir.

I know at least two Rangers fans working for Falkirk.

We should have good links with Falkirk but their fans seem to hate us.
I was speaking to a boy from Falkirk at Ibrox when we were in the 3rd Division and strangely enough he had the same experience as yourself.
He said the bitterness towards Rangers from Falkirk F.C. was well over the top and that he was quite shocked by that.

If I remember correctly we put them out of 3 consecutive cups not long after our demotion, which didn't seem to help matters. They thought we were there for the taking. Didn't take it well.

DrearyDeafeningEasternglasslizard-size_restricted.gif

It basically proves that Martindale was running Livingston when Holt was there, there’s no other explanation as to why his managerial career has been distinctly average before and after Livingston.
Well maybe so heres a handy list of Grade A Candidates to help them get started:-

Elvis
Lenny
Jackie
Stubbsy
Big Mixu
Lee Miller
Owen Coyle
Craig Levein
Jim McIntyre
Paul Lambert
Martin Canning
David McCracken
Lee Miller & David McCracken

That will be a boot in the sacks for the Gary Holt fan club on here then.
I actually like stories like this. Holt comes in as director of football, insisting he isn’t there to undermine the manager but work with them……………..a couple of months later the management are sacked and, surprise surprise, Holt is appointed manager. And precedes to make a total arse of things! Lovely.

3 wins from 12 after they started back playing again. 6 defeats in 8 games as well quite the bottle job to finish out the playoff spots after sitting top of the league.

Horrible, bitter fans who have nothing good to say about us (at least the ones I know which is a fair few). Fvck them. League 1 is their level.

I know a good few loyalist falkirk fans but the days of falkirk fans being pro union and rangers minded are long gone.

As a local I like to see them do well, they used to have a great set up churning out decent players. They’ve really had a ‘’mare the last few years.
Can’t stand their fans though, I do t even find they hate us especially. They just seem to hate everyone. A real chip on their shoulder.

Wakey, wakey, EVERYBODY hates us, so feck them all. :D

As a local I like to see them do well, they used to have a great set up churning out decent players. They’ve really had a ‘’mare the last few years.
Can’t stand their fans though, I do t even find they hate us especially. They just seem to hate everyone. A real chip on their shoulder.
I worked in Falkirk for a good few years and I personally found the actual hardcore supporter, ie the ones who actually go to the games, hated us. Mainly due to the fact their support was so small, while most in Falkirk are actually Rangers supporters, they hate that.

I worked in Falkirk for a good few years and I personally found the actual hardcore supporter, ie the ones who actually go to the games, hated us. Mainly due to the fact their support was so small, while most in Falkirk are actually Rangers supporters, they hate that.
I’d agree with that, they absolutely hate it suppose I can understand it

The OP and this post show the contrasts that exist. There are many "dual-club" supporters in Scotland, I've never hidden the fact I'm a token St Johnstone fan on here, but also lifelong Rangers too.

All clubs seem to have their vocal anti-Rangers element now, amplified by social media where Celtic fans retweet and pile onto every post, tweet or meme that suits them. It masks the fact there were latent fans who quietly supported two clubs for many years, and it's ultimately the smaller clubs that suffer when these dual fans decide they're no longer wanted.

2012 ruined Scottish football for a generation and one day those fans who got swept along at the time, taking their clubs' boards with them, will realise what they've done.

Don’t forget Mo Johnston

Makes sense barrymoped . People say the same about Aberdeen and of course that could be true too .
The other thing could be the politics .

So f**k them.
It’s trendy to hate the Rangers.
It’s not just the team it’s the whole club, the whole institution that is hated.
The Pro-British, Unionist, Monarchist values we hold is a major contributor to this ill feeling.
Actually, cancel “ill feeling” and call it what is and that is “hatred”.
Personally, I can live with it.
It makes our success on the pitch so much more enjoyable.

I think Falkirk fans even hate themselves to be honest. Used to go to a lot of there games in the 90s. Strange bunch.
I also have a strange hatred for David McCracken seem to remember him being a tit against us under Warburton.

Back