Falkirk FC Q&A

Just watching bits of that video. Gary Holt and Paul Sheerin don't exactly exude confidence do they? In all honesty they come across as guys completely out of their depth with no clue as to how to sort that mess out. Surprises me a bit as they both played at a decent level, particularly Holt.

Likewise Gary Deans standing up and saying 'it was a statement, not a question' was never going to get the room onside.

Just watching bits of that video. Gary Holt and Paul Sheerin don't exactly exude confidence do they? In all honesty they come across as guys completely out of their depth with no clue as to how to sort that mess out. Surprises me a bit as they both played at a decent level, particularly Holt.

Likewise Gary Deans standing up and saying 'it was a statement, not a question' was never going to get the room onside.

Paul Sheerin actually scratches his head like Stan Laurel at one point, because he doesn’t know what to say. :))

Paul Sheerin actually scratches his head like Stan Laurel at one point, because he doesn’t know what to say. :))

Stands up trying to be funny and says 'i don't know if I have the answer to that'. Trouble is you know he is being completely serious.

Sounds like where we were after the spivs were ousted. No youth set up, no money, a poor squad and an inexperienced manager but they've a team a stadium and a half decent size support. Don't know anything about the board but One of them needs to just say what nobody wants to hear, it's going to take 2 to 5 years to sort out. I expect them to stay down this year, promoted the year after then top 4 championship with a slim chance of premiership year 4 or 5.

Listened to this when I was driving for a couple of hours earlier. Still can't work out why I bothered

Don't know how the supporters weren't mollified, they were repeatedly told "we're not going to get everything right first time".
The English fellow came across as the best of the top table, despite not really saying very much:rolleyes:

Did they not have a reputation as a well run club with a decent academy until fairly recently? WTF happened to them?

Did they not have a reputation as a well run club with a decent academy until fairly recently? WTF happened to them?
I think successive relegations basically resulted in them running out of cash and in order to survive they had to scrap their academy to save 100k a year which just seemed to accelerate the downward spiral.
Seems like a long way back for them.

Don't know what the club is like now. Used to regularly attend Falkirk games (when Hughes and Rice were in charge) as my mate played for them. Never heard a bad word against Rangers and we were known as the Rangers crew by the door man. Even Chipper used to ask and talk about Rangers with us. Shame to see the way they have turned out.

Falkirk should be in the top league,with their support and infrastructure.
Still think Scottish football needs a revamp to a 16-18 top league ,with Falkirk ,Dunfermline ,Inverness and Q.O.S. to name a few in it.

I remember at the Novo Cup Final against them their fans were singing “we are the steeple” and putting their hands up in the shape of a steeple. I still cringe when I think about it.

The only good thing about Falkirk is that it isn’t Alloa.
Almost as cringey as the Motherwell fans singing "I am a person"

Don't know what the club is like now. Used to regularly attend Falkirk games (when Hughes and Rice were in charge) as my mate played for them. Never heard a bad word against Rangers and we were known as the Rangers crew by the door man. Even Chipper used to ask and talk about Rangers with us. Shame to see the way they have turned out.
Falkirk in the main is a Rangers friendly town ,and used to joke that their support were really Rangers fans with no ambition . ;)

Falkirk in the main is a Rangers friendly town ,and used to joke that their support were really Rangers fans with no ambition . ;)
There's five local flute bands, more orange LOL and there's RBP and three branch ABOD that I can think of. Falkirk and local villages is still full of good stock.
I know lots of Ranger's fans who went to Falkirk games as I did because it was easier thirty five year ago ish.
Still seee these guy's at many functions and in Belfast most years.

went along to the game on saturday and beat them 3-0 going on 5! either we have improved massively or they have chucked it! either way i loved every minute of the game one of the best performances i've seen from us at that ground, they certainly wont be getting promoted this season which is a shame because the scottish championship would be better with them

My mate took a hospitality table there this season (still can’t think why) and I went to the Dumbarton game last month with him (purely to get fed and pished at my mates expense) and it was the poorest standard of football I’ve seen in a long long time. Plastic pitch, half a stadium and about 30 Dumbarton fans there. One of the players came in for a quick Q&A after the game and he’d gone off injured during the 1st half. MC asks him for an update on his injury and he says “yeah it’s still sore” ffs :0)

The chairman is a good guy. My old boss and an ex KPMG partner.

However it is funny to see that his passive aggressive arrogant manner when challenged doesn't fully go down well with the man in the street

The chairman is a good guy. My old boss and an ex KPMG partner.

However it is funny to see that his passive aggressive arrogant manner when challenged doesn't fully go down well with the man in the street

Comes across a smary wee prick, tbh.

went along to the game on saturday and beat them 3-0 going on 5! either we have improved massively or they have chucked it! either way i loved every minute of the game one of the best performances i've seen from us at that ground, they certainly wont be getting promoted this season which is a shame because the scottish championship would be better with them

I’m sure yous have had a really good record against Falkirk since they came back down tbf. Guaranteed points from the games against them last year.

Never minded Falkirk, my local club, but when we went through our bad period it brought out loads of bitter cunts, really showed their true colours. Now I'm quite happy seeing them toil.

Their is still fans of theirs wanting the Scottish cup awarded to them because we cheated by having the players we did that we"couldn't afford"

Novo 1 nil final must've been 12/13 years ago now

Yeah, we did. I remember on here afterwards there was a big shout to sign their English midfielder (for life of me can't remember his name), who played pretty well against us every time, and some were annoyed when a few seasons later he joined a lower league team down south. One thing about the whole Warburton roller coaster, particularly that first season, it was never dull. B-)
The first game of the season, 1-0 down away at Easter road, we get back into with an outrageous free kick from Tav, going ahead with Waggy, Hallidays screamer, enter Kenny Miller… What a game, folk cutting about with a bread poke for a hat B-)
Oduwa at home as well that day skinning folk like it was the last game he would ever play in his life.
I mind the King winner against Falkirk, Warburton came out after and went “well he’s just got here and when he gets up to speed he will probably not find himself in the same position in the box” hahaha.
A rollercoaster as you say.

The first game of the season, 1-0 down away at Easter road, we get back into with an outrageous free kick from Tav, going ahead with Waggy, Hallidays screamer, enter Kenny Miller… What a game, folk cutting about with a bread poke for a hat B-)
Oduwa at home as well that day skinning folk like it was the last game he would ever play in his life.
I mind the King winner against Falkirk, Warburton came out after and went “well he’s just got here and when he gets up to speed he will probably not find himself in the same position in the box” hahaha.
A rollercoaster as you say.
Yup, one of my favourite seasons, despite all the warning signs also being there for when we got up and none more so than the final, as we'd seen nothing but dross since 2012. Finally enjoyed games again.

Yeah, we did. I remember on here afterwards there was a big shout to sign their English midfielder (for life of me can't remember his name), who played pretty well against us every time, and some were annoyed when a few seasons later he joined a lower league team down south. One thing about the whole Warburton roller coaster, particularly that first season, it was never dull. B-)
Available on a pre contract from Cardiff in January

Finally bring home Will Vaulks?:D

Back