Falkirk FC - What A Mess

Remember they got shafted a couple of times to prevent Aberdeen getting demoted. They were a really decent wee team at one point.
Was in the town the day Aberdeen had to beat them think it was the last game of the season.
Sheep brought a massive mob and got done outside the auld argyle bar.
Guys laugh about the school kids and hibs at the station but Falkirk that day pummelled Aberdeen.

They seemed a well run provincial club, from a decent town at one time. The death knell for a lot of clubs of this size seems to be that they entrust so much in useless c#nts of the likes of Paul Hartley and Gary Holt. Guys like these achieve nothing except get chairman the sack and clubs relegated

Met Hughes through work. The complete opposite of most head up arse footballers.
I'm sure he is, most of the players and managers are fairly sound when you actually meet them.

I could just never take to his TV persona. Shree-nil Mr. Shoes.

Was involved with Falkirk FC when Neil McCann was playing there.

Was at the u18s at the time and McCann walking about the place and me being a bluenose, I buzzed off of it. Was always trying to talk to him for advice and stuff, was a great time in my life.

It makes me sad seeing them in the state they are now, I've always looked out for their results since they let me go, and Ive got to agree, they're an absolute mess.

Hopefully they can turn it around. It's all the diehard auld men at Falkirk I feel sorry for, in that Amarillo Cafe all day every day waiting for players and staff.

Teams like Falkirk,Airdrie and Clyde changing their established home grounds for short time gain was a disaster,their old grounds had pubs near them and easy walking access,new grounds in the middle of nowhere and soulless.

I accept that argument regarding Airdrie and Falkirk, but not Clyde. Clyde drew their support from the Bridgeton, Rutherglen and Oatlands areas. By the time the 1980's arrived most of the tenements in Bridgeton and the Oatlands had been demolished. On top of that the people who owned Shawfield wanted Clyde out of the stadium so they could concentrate on greyhound racing. Clyde's problem after they stopped being nomads with no home ground is that they went to a location (Cumbernauld) which had no previous association with them. Both they and Third Lanark had had the chance to move to East Ķilbride in the mid 60's. Of the two, I have always thought that it would have been a more natural move for Clyde to go there, given that their support was on a side of the city that was nearer.

I accept that argument regarding Airdrie and Falkirk, but not Clyde. Clyde drew their support from the Bridgeton, Rutherglen and Oatlands areas. By the time the 1980's arrived most of the tenements in Bridgeton and the Oatlands had been demolished. On top of that the people who owned Shawfield wanted Clyde out of the stadium so they could concentrate on greyhound racing. Clyde's problem after they stopped being nomads with no home ground is that they went to a location (Cumbernauld) which had no previous association with them. Both they and Third Lanark had had the chance to move to East Ķilbride in the mid 60's. Of the two, I have always thought that it would have been a more natural move for Clyde to go there, given that their support was on a side of the city that was nearer.
Airdrie moved 5 mins from Broomfield

Teams like Falkirk,Airdrie and Clyde changing their established home grounds for short time gain was a disaster,their old grounds had pubs near them and easy walking access,new grounds in the middle of nowhere and soulless.
Falkirk were humped with Brockville because of the lack of seats and hugely prohibitive costs of redeveloping it I’m sure. In fact, I think Aberdeen were potentially handed a relegation reprieve by the SPL at the time because Falkirk had won Division 1 but could not be promoted because of the 6000 seat rule?

I don’t know if any other sites for their new stadium were considered but I genuinely cant think of anywhere closer to Falkirk town centre with the space to accomodate a football stadium the size of Falkirk’s. It hasn’t seemed to harm their crowds anyway as they are still pulling in average of 3k every home game this season…however long that lasts the way they’re playing.

Was involved with Falkirk FC when Neil McCann was playing there.

Was at the u18s at the time and McCann walking about the place and me being a bluenose, I buzzed off of it. Was always trying to talk to him for advice and stuff, was a great time in my life.

It makes me sad seeing them in the state they are now, I've always looked out for their results since they let me go, and Ive got to agree, they're an absolute mess.

Hopefully they can turn it around. It's all the diehard auld men at Falkirk I feel sorry for, in that Amarillo Cafe all day every day waiting for players and staff.
I can remember speaking to McCann a few years ago, he recalled his time at Falkirk where a guy constantly stalked him until he spoke to his bosses n they let the guy go. :))

Just back from the stadium as it goes due to getting a covid test done. Waaaaaay too many weirdos parked there with their lights dipped at this time of night. But that's beside the point.

Falkirk are the text book example of a club that made a rod for it's own back. I've always seen them as a middle of the road nothing club but the place is overrun with snp ghouls. Guy I work with is a Falkirk fan but understands wholeheartedly that they are utter dug shite so I don't rub it in. And to be fair to the lad he shudders at the mentioning of the dean shiels situation.

After their fans forum went viral with the now infamous “it’s a statement, not a question” line, I’ve been keeping an eye on their results. After the fans forum, they picked up a few wins but are now back to losing, having now lost their last two league games and being put out the Scottish Cup by Raith Rovers who played with 10 men for 70 minutes.

Yesterday they got pumped 6-0 by Queens Park. Next week they play league leaders Cove Rangers and it’s looking like they will be in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football for another season. Their fans have resigned themselves to it.

Some shambolic decisions off the park over the last few years, especially closing their relatively successful youth set up so Paul Hartley had more money to spend on first team and then the somewhat pointless appointment of Gary Holt to work above Paul Sheerin which doesn’t seem to be working. Two massive gambles which haven’t paid off.

Nearly 70 players have left them over the last 3 years. One of them scored two for Queen’s Park yesterday.

They could still make the play offs but their players look to have chucked it totally. The atmosphere is utterly toxic from the fans and no wonder.

One to watch for the rest of the season. B-)
I live in Falkirk and enjoy telling them they are Rangers fans without the bus fare. They hate that.

Sorry state to be in but reaping the results of years of mismanagement and piss poor leadership from the board down. Should be at least a championship club but who would bet against them ending up in the fourth tier?

Shame for their fans.

Replacing Miller and McCracken with Gary Holt at that stage of the season when they still had a good chance of promotion was mental and it's been all down hill since then.

Falkirk fans back in the day were majority Pro union and Rangers friendly changed days these days so phuck them.
Disagree with that.

As a few have said to me over the years.

We don’t like both teams songs.
But at least one of them don’t sing about killing our soldiers.
Falkirk voted No when it counted.

Potential to be a good ground too. Scotland has a few of them. WTF happened?
Tbh

Why would they spend a fortune on a stand that doesn’t need built.

The 3 stands cover all their games except from the oldfirm and Hearts now and again.

They couldn’t afford to keep their youth set up.

The Falkirk end stand was bought and paid for by a fan.

Council also helped them with the 2 other stands

That’s why it’s called the council stadium.

The fear were a handy mob over 25/30 years ago always keen to travel in large numbers and up for it. When the older ones retired you were left with embarrassments like Oddbod and the baby squad who when not dancing around Grahamston were normally getting kicked up and down the road at Coasters.

Tbh

Why would they spend a fortune on a stand that doesn’t need built.

The 3 stands cover all their games except from the oldfirm and Hearts now and again.

They couldn’t afford to keep their youth set up.

The Falkirk end stand was bought and paid for by a fan.

Council also helped them with the 2 other stands

That’s why it’s called the council stadium.
I agree with the first point, but why not just build a ground like St Mirrens new one? Rather than two cracking stands which are completely wasted by the rest of the ground?

I laugh when they would sing
(we support our local team).

They play in Grangemouth
Trained in Stirling for years.
Falkirk herald would print the match report off in Livingston.

I agree with the first point, but why not just build a ground like St Mirrens new one? Rather than two cracking stands which are completely wasted by the rest of the ground?
Pure and simple

No money to do it.

Remember when they were doing well and won the championship.

They got refused entry several times because they never had a 10k seated stadium and couldn’t ground share with anyone.

Yet Celtic shared Hampden.

Pure and simple

No money to do it.

Remember when they were doing well and won the championship.

They got refused entry several times because they never had a 10k seated stadium and couldn’t ground share with anyone.

Yet Celtic shared Hampden.
The rule was a disgrace and harmed so many clubs. But surely they knew themselves that building two excellent stands is pointless when they ruin it by leaving two stands empty? Just build one like Livi or St Mirren. I’d rather four small stands than two big ones, a tent and a waste ground.

Back