Falkirk statement

You can’t change rules halfway thru a season surely?

We will have a field day in the courtroom off the back of this - the SPFL ‘shouldn’t’ have a leg to stand on.

But this is Scotland right enough

You’re the bearer of good news tonight mate. I just saw an interview with the Stranraer chairman on STV News 5 minutes ago & he seems as if he is rejecting it too.

He said ‘you don’t award Usain Bolt the race after 75 metres’ ;)

you usually do - bolt has the best finish over the final 25metres of any human running the 100m, ever. Even better than a juiced linford christie.

You can’t change rules halfway thru a season surely?

We will have a field day in the courtroom off the back of this - the SPFL ‘shouldn’t’ have a leg to stand on.

But this is Scotland right enough

Take it to CAS and if unsuccessful go to UEFA pointing out that Rangers will never be treated fairly in Scotland and appeal to join the lower leagues of England.

you usually do - bolt has the best finish over the final 25metres of any human running the 100m, ever. Even better than a juiced linford christie.
I never knew that. I watched the documentary on him years ago with a coach saying that he slows down before the finish being a bit cocky and that if that was improved his record breaking would be even better.

So how does a 14 team league work? A 46 game season?

All teams would play each other twice (13 home; 13 away) = 26 matches
The split then comes into play
Top 7 play each other home and away = 12 matches
Total 38 games

Sky still gets their 4 old firm matches every year.

I think the league construction is an absolute certainty (bribe) in order to award the tainted league title.

I actually think the proposed reconstruction is a sensible way forward for Scottish football - it's the way it is being done to give the title to them thats the main issue.
However I do think even if awarded it will always be with an asterisk against it.

We are on our own guys. They will restructure and that changes everything.

The only top flight club to benefit from reconstruction would be Hearts. Can't see any other club (in top flight) voting for it as it will dilute the prize money and tv money. CFC might think it's good though.

F.ck that for an outcome.

Sky will never go for that and I'm not sure other teams getting 1 less home gate v us and them would be voted for.
Sadly they will simply insert another form of the split to still guarantee 4 OF games which will appease Sky and BT.
It’s been so obvious for weeks that this is what they are desperate to try and do. It only inconveniences one club in the entire league. Us.

All teams would play each other twice (13 home; 13 away) = 26 matches
The split then comes into play
Top 7 play each other home and away = 12 matches
Total 38 games

Sky still gets their 4 old firm matches every year.

I think the league construction is an absolute certainty (bribe) in order to award the tainted league title.
The version proposed is a 6/ 8 split.
The 7/ 7 version means 2 teams don't have a game each week. Final round of games 2 teams will have played all their fixtures.
With the 6/ 8 , top six play 36 games.
Bottom 8 40 games.

Always liked Falkirk, my favourite wee second team. Well, after Hearts, and maybe Thistle....and possibly the Sheep...:D

All of this nonsense and bullshit, just to hand celtic a title they haven’t won on the pitch.

blinkers off, that’s all it’s going to end up happening.

We can see the SPFL endgame and I am sure Rangers can see it as well. What cards do we have if/when we get shafted?

Legal recourse - possibly, but would we win if every c*nt has voted for it, court might just uphold the decision on that basis.

Money is the only language that football clubs understand. Should we make it clear right now that if this goes ahead, we will not take any away tickets for any game for the next X seasons? Hit them in the pocket at a time when many will be teetering on the brink due to the virus. It would be a drastic step and we would of course be painted as the bad guys, but this is a drastic situation and enough is enough.

Edit: just seen other thread
But we are painted as tthe bad guys always lol

I expect the SPFL will propose league reconstruction either today or tomorrow. It'll be done to try and stop clubs voting with us and still no one will call it out for what it is. Blackmail at all costs to award a tainted title. Hearts and Falkirk basically saying they are willing to be bought out. Unreal.

The season will be completed and then everyone will receive their money, was it ever going to be anything else there is 8 games left..we played 9 in December.
When though?
When it becomes possible, all leagues start again at same time..they finish..then start new league campaign at same time we do this until in several seasons we get the natural order back..it not that hard..cancel League Cup..no winter shutdown.

Mate don’t waste yer time on forums with quacks.
Hibs fans will want hearts relegated but the hibs board won’t.
Fans will have zero say in any of this shite
They listened to they “quacks” in 2012.
Do you not remember “sell out Saturdays”
Clubs put the keyboard warriors before the best interest of their own clubs.

I take no comfort from this. As I've said in the Hearts thread, Celtc/Doncaster will have already crunched the numbers before they set out on this efficacious course of action. If reconstruction is needed to award them the title then it's an adjustment they will make.

They listened to they “quacks” in 2012.
Do you not remember “sell out Saturdays”
Clubs put the keyboard warriors before the best interest of their own clubs.
You would think the clubs would learn from 2012 that fans, by and large, are full of wind and pish, and don’t actually mean what the say most of the time.

This all seems to have been set up perfectly this is exactly what these teams were supposed to say, we know its all about giving tims the title so change league set up and we play along.

Its quite incredible the effort everyone that is supposed to be impartial puts into assisting Celtic in every situation.... people running the game, the refs cheating on the park and all the press guys like Jackson that have working hard spreading misinformation. Corruption everywhere.

The version proposed is a 6/ 8 split.
The 7/ 7 version means 2 teams don't have a game each week. Final round of games 2 teams will have played all their fixtures.
With the 6/ 8 , top six play 36 games.
Bottom 8 40 games.

Proposed by whom? All I’m seeing is a promise by the SPFL to ‘talk about it’ - not even a commitment to make it happen, or even a planned timescale never mind a firm proposal.

I don’t think reconstruction would get voted through. The Premier League vote would stymie it. Unlike the current SPFL proposal a change in league numbers requires a 90% (11-1) vote in the top division. So the carrot being dangled is an imaginary one.

I’d be amazed if more off the diddy teams didn’t come out and say ok give us reconstruction in black and white and set in stone so we can get a piece off the OF cash cow ! They want the £££ so don’t care how it happens as long as it does and if that means that lot get the title so be it

They may roll the bottom 3 divisions into 2 bigger ones, take away the need for relegation
Proposed by whom? All I’m seeing is a promise by the SPFL to ‘talk about it’ - not even a commitment to make it happen, or even a planned timescale never mind a firm proposal.

I don’t think reconstruction would get voted through. The Premier League vote would stymie it. Unlike the current SPFL proposal a change in league numbers requires a 90% (11-1) vote in the top division. So the carrot being dangled is an imaginary one.

They may roll the bottom 3 divisions into 2 bigger ones, take away the need for relegation

This simply reinforces what I say. There’s not even an agreed proposal never mind a groundswell of agreement around a single idea. Reconstruction won’t happen any time soon. It certainly won’t happen before the start of next season (whenever that might be).

Hi guya does anyone have a list of the teams so far that are expected rejecting the spfl if they attemp to procees qirh finishing the league early. A few threats on this and ideally would like to see in one post

It’s phase two of the proposal, no doubt in my mind. Get most of them roped in first time around, let the relegation and promotion candidates complain. Amend to prevent relegation while allowing those close to the top of leagues into an expanded higher division. Voila, only Rangers shafted.
I am afraid I think you are 100% correct.

14 team top league, all the top 2 clubs get promoted, nobody relegated.

Then titles given out on current standings.

The ending here is blindingly obvious.

Too many teams still in the hunt in the championship for playoff space for it to be accepted.
In fact looking down the leagues they’re all pretty much in same boat. Cannot see the teams sitting 3/4 or even 5 accepting these as they would’ve potentially had the playoffs. It’s gonna get messy is my guess

Back